Why Do Atheists Return to Theism?

by B_Deserter 145 Replies latest jw friends

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    And nobody actually can tell me how exacly you infer process from static data?

Have you ever tried to actually understand what evolutionary theory is about? You seem to stumble over the static data assumedly pointing at an intellectual individual responsible for complex life. However, all the processes supposed to have caused the diversity and complexity of human life in the past are still visible around us.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/152414/2784915/post.ashx#2784915

• beksbks
    beksbks

Kirk Cameron has become something of a creationist internet celebrity. He was in Ray Comfort’s famous “banana video” and also appeared with him in a televised debate with the Rational Response Squad, a group of “militant” atheists. You also may have seen his “croco-duck” picture, which he uses as his ultimate slam against evolution (although I suspect if we ever actually found a “croco-duck” he still wouldn’t accept evolution, which would have to seriously be revamped anyway since evolution dictates such an animal would be impossible).

Some of us older folks may remember Kirk from the show “Family Ties” as Mike Seaver. Back then, Kirk was an atheist, until he converted to evangelical Christianity at age 17.

Ummmm you may want to get your info correct first of all. "Family Ties" starred Michael J. Fox. Kirk Cameron (star of Growing Pains) said he himself was an atheist until 17. Ok, before 17 who the hell knows WHAT they are???????????

• parakeet
    parakeet

Because they were closet-theists all along?

parakeet, of the true-blue-atheist-for-30-years class

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Everybody is not on the same spot or place on this journey.

We all tend to talk like authroities when we are half cocked and ignorant of the big picture.

Nobody has the answers.

Someones playing with us and it is impossible to honestly get all of our ducks in a row.

Atheism and evolution from an amoeba is as unbeliveable as taking the bible litterally.

So the way if I see it if someone is honestly looking and has the intellectual capacity to process the data they will be vacilating back and forth.

Because no one gets the truth or the answers in this life time.

And if someone has the truth or answers, run!

Unless the answer to lifes mystery is not evolution from an ameoba, and not found in the bible.

Reincarnation, possibley?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If someone believes in God and then waivers into atheism, then belief in God returns, can you really say the person was ever a true atheist?

I think if someone really believes there is not a God, he/she probably has much better things to do with their time than to constantly discuss their disbelief. It's almost as if the "atheist" is trying very hard to convince him/her self that there is no God.

A riddle for you: What does a dislexic, agnostic insomniac do?

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Because I find it a convenient way to relate to aspects of my psyche that I have disowned...but then my concept of Theos has little to do with Bible-God.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    So why do seemingly intelligent people turn away from rationality? Why do Atheists return to Theism? The question opens a chest full of complexity. There isn’t just one answer. To find the answers, one must explore the reasons each person became religious, and also why other atheists don’t when confronted with those same reasons.

Rationality is relative.

• zeroday
    zeroday

I'll be an Atheist till my dying breath then beg God to forgive me just to cover all the bases...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I'll be an Atheist till my dying breath then beg God to forgive me just to cover all the bases...

And when you cross over, he'll probably apologize to you, too and tell you that it wasn't your fault you were born into such a mess. And that in heaven all things are reconciled.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    And when you cross over, he'll probably apologize to you

AND we are going to have a smack DOWN...lots of questions I'll have for God...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit