Long list= Brothers who have ripped you off! $$$ has this happened to you?

by Witness 007 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• logic
    logic

In my younger years I had more than my share of jws ways of doing buisness. They are always trying to get something for nothing. My favorite is they try to invite you over for dinner in exchange for doing some work on their home. Now when they try that I laugh at them and tell them I will figure up just how many meals that would take. They are always wanting to borrow things. Always trying to sell you crap. I found that if a jw calls you out of the clear blue they want something. What buisness I did with them I always got screwed over. They are the worse for trying to beat the irs. They will try to beat you out of your wages. That is why they like to hire their own kind. All of my experiences may just be mine, but I have heard this for years and now I hear it lot on this site.

My rule now for the past 30 years is that I do not do buisness with witnesses. I broke my rule a few years ago with and elder friend of mine. He is the most honest person I have ever met in the organization which I think makes him very rare. I wrote up an iron clad contract, and we sat down and went over every detail . Never had one problem with him.

What is it about most jws that they think all other jws owe them everything and should do everything for nothing. I have never been able to do that to anyone.

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

I am now a wedding photographer and I just found out that the last couple I booked were dubs! I got the contract information back and the ceremony is listed at a KH! This will be my first time in a KH in a few years. I'm sure no one will notice I have a goatee! lol I of course did not tell them I was DF. I am just nervous to work with them and nervous about going back into a KH. I hope I don't get converted! LOL

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Dwtn. Oh that poor couple! Now all their wedding pics are going to be demonizzzed!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

When they did "volunteer" work to fix my katrina damage, they asked for a $2,000 check for it. I was really dumb and gave it to them.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

Dwtn, after you've done the job and been paid, be sure to tell them "It's been a pleasure doing business with you. It's so nice to find Witnesses who aren't turned off by the fact that I'm disfellowshipped and an apostate."

Ha!

• sspo
    sspo

Bought and sold many homes, finance and refinanced dozens of time, the only time someone tried to screw me with a refinance was a good friend, an elder i served with.

Only by threathening him with the law did he back off.

I know many brothers and sisters that lost 1000's of dollars to crooks in the congregation thru refinancing of their homes.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

When I was twelve, after school & during summer breaks, I worked for a old bro in my hall who owned a large landscaping company. My job was to mix concrete & pour it into molds to make these large pagoda-style japanese lanterns that folks put in their gardens & flowerbeds. I not only had to lift & carry these monstrosities, but also had to sandblast them without the proper safety gear. I was paid a whopping $2.00 an hour to do this, and if I spilled or wasted any concrete or other materials, he would take it out of my paycheck. This dude was a notorious tightwad.

He also had a phone in his bathroom next to his toilet and would call me every night to give me my instructions for the next day while he was obviously taking a big ol' noisy dump. The grunting & farting were a dead giveaway.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Keith Hill?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Nooooooo!!! LOL!! Tadeshi "Tubs" Aoki of Aoki Landscaping. He only went to Sandy for a little while. Mainly went to the Holiday Cong.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

They did the stages of the assemblies and conventions, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit