Long list= Brothers who have ripped you off! $$$ has this happened to you?

by Witness 007 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

1. The Elder I was in a bissness with decided a hand shake was not a contract, and paid me $500 dollars instead of the $3,000 he should have....I felt so stupid, but quit with him and treated him like a disfellowshiped person since....also he would pay me half a days wage when I worked from 8am till 3pm ??????? When told about this he said sorry but "couldn't work out how to re-emburse the lost hours."

2. My elderly mum sold some furniture when moving, to a Sister who promised to pay from her single parent pension in small installments........nope! Just one small payment!

3. A pioneer couple borrowed my Star Wars DVD collection........and I never saw it again {3 years}.....surely they know it's mine, right??

4. Brothers I drove to the meeting and Pioneering for years for free, charge my Elderly mum a fee for driving her to the meetings!

5. A Missionary friend got sick and asked to "borrow funds" for a plane ticket home from the Society....on arrival home he told me they "harrased him like a collection agency" for the funds....he told them as soon as he settles in his new job they will have their money.

• Mary
    Mary

I know of several horror stories of brothers ripping others in the Hall off, usually when they go into business together. Quite often there's no contract and of course everyone thinks they can trust a brother. They find out the hard way you can't. Hell even the Society itself was always telling you in the publications to get a frigging contract signed and witnessed if you're having any business dealings.

I used to paint scenaries on milk cans and old cross cut saws and several people from the Hall would buy them either for their own house, or as a gift for someone else. I am pleased to say that I never got ripped off, simply because they didn't get the finished product unless they had the money. One couple tried scamming me though. I charged $100.00 to do the cross cut saw (given the fact that I probably spent 15 - 20 hours painting, it's not like I was making very much per hour) and they agreed to it. When it was done, I took it to their house and they tried paying me $20.00 along with a plain cross cut saw, which was worth about $15.00. Their excuse that I could make a hundred dollars by painting a scene on it and selling it was ludicrous, and I said "yes, but in it's present state it's only worth $15.00, which means you still owe me another $65.00." They must have thought I was a dumb blonde to fall for that one.....they were pissed off but when I made it clear that they simply wouldn't be getting the piece until I got my money, they reluctantly paid me........

This couple were always trying to get something for nothing. Cheapskates.

There's this loser of a Witness in my sister's Hall who sues people for a living, I kid you not. Get this: She had no running car, has 6 kids all by different fathers and has no skills and no job. So my brother in law and a couple other brothers go and fix her heap of a car one day and put over $3,000 into it so that she'd have a car to drive. She goes to the garage to pick it up, pretends that the garage door hit her head and started a lawsuit. Can you imagine someone calling themselves a "Christian" pulling that crap on the very person who's just helped them???!! Found out later she had 5 lawsuits going all at once with different people.......What a loser.

• still_in74
    still_in74

oh yes....

one brother borrowed $200 and i never saw it again. In fact I never saw him again!

Another borrowed my mandolin, worth about $300 at the time. A year went by and I asked if I could have it back and he said he had given it back to me 6 months ago!
    Oh ya right. Kiss that mandolin goodbye. I never saw it again and I never saw him again!

I have a business and I hate dealing with JW's - I NEVER give discounts because they always expect it. As a result I dont get hired by any and thank goodness. At least "worldly" people will pay me and not talk behind my back for "charging too much" - I have lost 2 jobs just recently because I wouldnt reduce my fee by the 75% they wanted me too!!!! No thanks, I told them I would rather stay home.

I know of JW's that would go back and take the tip off the table at restaraunts when other dubs they were with had left it on the table.
    I remember going out with a large group of dubs to a restaraunt - throwing in way more than my bill should be and the total still would come up short - then of course I have to pay the difference. I have done this many times cause all else take off. And I always knew the pple that didnt pay. They just figured the tips would add up enough to cover their total!

A very good friend of mine paid a JW cash to do a job. The brother took the cash and did half the work. Said it was too hard to finish. Then asked for the balance of the cash that my buddy was to pay him after the job was finished. He said it was more work than he thought so he should still pay him.
    He went to the Elders about it and my buddy actually paid the A-Hole!!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

This happens quite often in the JWS world, when people have placed within themselves that they have a redeeming God who takes care

and forgives their personal sins , what can only possibly be a result from this kind of ideology, the answer should be obvious.

This is basic psychology folks and nothing else.

Beware of people that carry bibles and have big smiles, more than likely there will be something bad behind those big smiles.

• still_in74
    still_in74

There's this loser of a Witness in my sister's Hall who sues people for a living
    Oh Lord, there are more like that?? I know a couple like that. It burns me up when I think about it.....

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I will leave out the foul language that would best describe my feelings on this matter.

1. I had a, ahem, brother that was my business partner. We had a great viable business, a little bit of normal business debt , however we were upside down with the IRS to the tune of about $24,000.00. He neglected to tell me that he hadn't been paying our quarterlys. Fool me, oh well. Next thing you know, he comes to me and tells me that he is burnt in our business and asks me to buy him out for his share. He figured it should be about, oh, let's say, $20,000.00. Well, I had heard some rumours about his true desires, he had solicited our employees and told them that he was leaving My business and that they could leave ME and work for themselves and he would sell them the materials that they needed to do what we did. I caught wind of this and told him he could have the materiels he had in his vehicle , about $5,000.00 worth and we would SPLIT the IRS debt, with our attorney's assistance, of course. Come to find out, he had absconded with about $10,000.00 worth of our materiels in the 2 months leading up to his announcement and sold them off for CASH in order to finance the construction of his new home that he was building. He eventually missed HIS payments to the IRS and the IRS sent me a levy against any monies I may have owed to him. Well, I caled the IRS agent and told him of a few business accounts of his that held monthly recievables of his until the 10th of each month. The next thing you know, I got a couple of calls from these very accounts and they asked me if " I " pay MY taxes? Why sure I do, they said , OK come and do business with us, NOT HIM!! Thank you very much. The IRS had levied his payable accounts with those businesses and they didn't very much apprecaite sending the IRS an extra check.

The list of CROOKS amongst the FRIENDS that I could relate is very long, and I really don't want to waste any more of MY time with that sort of TRASHY PEOPLE.

It seems as though WE are marks when we extend ourselves to FRIENDS that have their own agendas in mind and the old adage applies: NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH A FRIEND OR RELATIVE.

NMG

NMG

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

The biggest way to lose a friend is to lend them money!

I have heard of many horror stories however regarding things like this, I never lend money, and would not do it unless I had a legal binding contract.

However if they were with out groceries or there power were to be shut off, out of humanitarian reasons I would help just because it's the right thing to do.

Cheers

hope4others

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Two long time, Pioneers stayed with my Pioneer Family in our yard in their Caravan/Trailer, free rent Wow lucky them!...not lucky us!.......our phone bill went from $110 to $270...they loved leaving the heater on all day and night so Electricity Bill from $100 to $230???? To our shame we had to ask them to chip in for bills {Jehovah forgive us} ........then, one of them asked me if I had opened their mail since her family sent her $100 and she never got it....I FELT LIKE SHE HAD KICKED ME IN THE STOMACH! Two of the rudest most selfish bitches I ever saw in all my years alive!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Witness 007,

Are you just too nice? People take advantage of others that are kind, and unassuming. I think you must be just a super person, stop it!

Lol

hope4others

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Oooh thank you, "Hope4others" you sound lovely...look can I let you borrow some money?....how much do you need?.......Oh DAMN IT! It's the Watchtower training that makes me soo trusting.....MUST RESIST!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit