My Wife Is Getting A Sheparding Call

by sacolton 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Not to be rude but that sentence "My wife is getting a sheparding call" in any other situation outside JWD would sound pretty weird.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

You might preemptively explain to them that interfering with your comunication with you wife in any way might be construed as alienation of affection and that you would happily pursue a tort claim along those lines in court.

You can watch them squirm if you do it in person.

If they are at your house you can politely offer to let them use your phone to call the Legal Department, reminding them they are required to do so if anyone mentions bringing a lawsuit.

I did that with my dad.

• Galileo
    Galileo
    Not only will she view this as spiritual endangerment but she will likely get an undue amount of attention from Single brothers who are looking for her out for her "spiritual health".

This is exactly how I lost my wife. I wrote about it here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/155013/1.ashx

...After that, she gave up on me. I could see it in her eyes. Her love for me was gone. She began coming home later and later, going directly to bed without saying a word unless I spoke to her. Eventually she developed a relationship with a very attractive younger ministerial servant. In him I know she saw the man I once was, because that’s exactly what I saw when I looked at him. After a few months of this, when I began to realize how close they were becoming, I asked her to put an end to it for the sake of our marriage. She moved out instead.

It is very difficult to keep a marriage together when one spouse is a strict JW and one has moved on. I wish you the best of luck.

• sacolton
    sacolton

They are meeting tonight at the Book Study house. I have no idea what will be discussed (nor does she, I think). She just thinks it's to "build up encouragement", but I have a gut feeling they will instill more reasons for her to distant herself from me. If I should interfere, she might feel I'm trying to keep her from "the truth" and build a wall around herself that will hurt our marriage.

She already made it clear that she does not want kids (I do) raised in a split faith. She doesn't want them to celebrate holidays or birthdays. It wouldn't mean anything to her if she wanted to separate from an "apostate" husband to seek out a "spiritual brother" who is approved by the congregation.

Very depressing.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

You should fear this...

Another broken family... surely another BLESSING FROM JEHOVAH!!!

(JW audience claps like seals)

Demand as the head of the household to be present on ALL these meetings if you value your marriage.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I agree with inbya and blues... you are still the head and have the right to be present.... even if you are an "evil apostate".

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Sorry..this is were the "rules" go out the window. My Ex started talking with elders about my lack of headship etc after I started an active fade. Within a year they had her pumped up with the idea she was in spirtual danger.

Your only hope is the elders come off as the idiots they are and she is smart enough to ferret the bullS&i% out.

blessings to you... it's a rollercoaster

I am in the metro area...pm me if you need to talk

Hill

• sacolton
    sacolton

I don't think it'll matter if I'm present. They'll wait until they have her alone to instill their agenda. Maybe I'm looking too deep into this. I don't keep her from going to meetings, so I'm not endangering her "spiritually". Does the WTBTS try to break up marriages of mixed faiths? It was always taught that ONLY adultry was grounds for divorce. I know the divorce rate is EXTREMELY HIGH in the JW religion ... now I know why. I still love my wife very much and will fight this if I have to. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens at her Sheparding Call.

She said that Shepherding Calls aren't necessarily for "problems", but just to talk scriptures and give encouragement. I've always saw them when a "problem" arises ... missing too many meetings, field service, etc. and they come to usher you back into being regular again. It's not to solve a problem, but to instill guilt to make you feel bad for missing out on "spiritual food". She hasn't missed any meetings, so that can't be it.

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

SAColton- I'm so sorry to hear this. This is exactly the reason I've been fighting so hard to keep my hubby "out". When I first told him I thought that if he became a witness it would be threatening to our marriage (because I would never join up) and that the dubs would force us apart he said that the organization would never do that, they value marriage too highly. After all, I mean, "what God has put together let no man put asunder" and all, right?! HA! I wish I knew some good advice to give you. I guess all I can say is be as supportive as you can, listen to your wife, and maybe tell her that you feel your union together is in danger. I say maybe- you know her better than I do, not sure if that would spook her or what. Best of luck. -Potential

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

About the alienation of affection tort, there are only a handful of states that still have this law: Hawaii, Illinois, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Dakota, and Utah, according to http://www.divorce360.com/articles/891/cheating-spouse-get-more-money.aspx?page=2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit