My Wife Is Getting A Sheparding Call

by sacolton 44 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

I've disassociated myself since February. I made no secret of my disapproval of the WTBTS and was very vocal to my doubts of it being God's true organization on earth to the PO. Now, the PO and another elder has scheduled to talk with my wife tonight for a sheparding call at the home of the book study. I'm sure there will be some talk about how her and I must not speak about spiritual issues.

This really has me concerned that they will turn her against me even more.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I would worry too. I had a meeting in the back with two elders and they encouraged me to leave because my spiritual health was endangered.

That's why you need to try to be the best husband in the world. Remind her that you are a good guy still, you just don't believe the same way she does.

momz

• Honesty
    Honesty

When trust goes out the door to the kingdom hall the marriage isn't too far behind it.

Sorry, old man.

That's just the way it is with the cult from hell.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

How does your wife feel about it

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

You are still the head of your household. Require, no, demand that the elders speak to your wife only through you and with you present.

Just my thoughts.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thought about that as well but it depends on where the wife is mentally. She could perceive that as a threat to her spiritual health and meet with the elders and not consult him.

• sacolton
    sacolton

My wife was born into this religion. She's fine with the sheparding call and she gets very defensive if I inquire about it. She is completely absorbed by everything they say and NEVER QUESTIONS ANYTHING! If they were to ask her to separate from me - she probably would.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

with that in mind, I feel for ya bro. Not only will she view this as spiritual endangerment but she will likely get an undue amount of attention from Single brothers who are looking for her out for her "spiritual health".

• sacolton
    sacolton

Funny you should mention that. Her mom got some "special attention" from a spiritual brother way back that lasted several months ... it was quietly reproved. I don't think she'd go the same route as she was very upset to find this out later in life when she recalled the visitations and seeing her dad very upset about the whole indiscretion. Her dad was going to file for divorce, but the elders talked him out of it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've seen it a number of times. The wife either dumps the husband because "since he's an apostate he's probably committing adultery." Or as u put it, there's some silent reproof.

Honestly this type of behavior would not exist outside the congregation. For one, brothers can be talked out of retaliation. And the brothers with bad motives know this as what happened with your father in law. None of that undue influence on the outside.

All you can do is act as "normal" as possible. Perhaps keeping your viewpoints on the down-low. Keep tabs though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit