Personal Experience I've Never Shared - I Hope it Helps Some Here !

by flipper 74 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Jesus Christ Flipper, JG is going to need a year of therapy to get past the feelings that reading your post will bring up in him!

I'm glad you were able to finally move on. Say, did they spank you with their bare hands, or had they gone out and cut and trimmed switches with their pocketknives? No big deal, just curious.

And Hillary, are you going to pay for his therapist?

"Perhaps they thought that you took yourself a little to seriously and were trying in their own ham-fisted way to get you to loosen up a little."

Maybe the church can help. So uncaring.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

OMG . . . I'm shocked, Mr. Flipper. Elders acting so disrespectfully and abusively. Perhaps their "acting out" is their reaction to being controled by the borg. Not surprisingly their wives left such situations. These elders need psychiatric help --- or prison!

ESTEE

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

What a bunch of losers, Flip. Its good to get it off your chest... that helps to put it behind you...

Do you still go backpacking in the Sierra? I'm a hiker myself. Don't worry, I'm not into spanking if you invite me to hike with you.

A@G

• besty
    besty

Hi Flipper

I was a newly married man aged 28 when on holiday in Spain with 2 other couples and Sam of course. Having had a right skinful of drink I decided to go paddling in the surf late the first night, as all 6 of us walked along the sand. Needless to say I was swiftly de-panted by one of the other lads.

Pulled my keks up and got on with the festivities - thought no more of it to be honest. (Until your post)

So what became of the 3 couples from some 10 years back:

1 - Paul (our hero in this story) and his wife Sam were DF'd some time later for apantasy (anti-typical rejection of pants)

2 - James (our villain) is a confirmed anti-fader. (he strongly disbelieves but has every intention of keeping going to the JW meetings) His wife is a strong dub

3 - The other couple are divorced, he has DA'd himself on grounds of general insanity and she has remarried a non-JW.

Praise Allah, God of the Underpants

• Casper
    Casper

Good Lord...!! Mr. Flipper,

That is just wrong on so many levels...

I am so sorry you had such a thing happen to you. I agree with some above that it was abuse and a violation of your personal boundaries.

You have every right to the feelings you felt and maybe still do on some level. I am sure it was an event those children never forgot also.

And to think JW's will disfellowship people at the drop of a hat... BUT...that kind of behavior was apparently OK........

Glad to hear that Karma got to them, in a way........

Cas

• flipper
    flipper

HILLARY STEP- Thanks for your interest. I don't think they thought I take myself too seriously ; they knew I have a great sense of humor and am easygoing. I think they were just being strange.

BFD- Don't berate yourself for what happened many years ago guy. One question: Did the ice cubes melt ? I agree it was wrong for these guys to do this in front of their children.

BRING the LIGHT- Yeah ! I knew you were kidding ! I do believe they were trying to humiliate me.

AK-JEFF- I agree that Karma came around in the end and bit these guys in the proverbial a$$ ! With them being as abusive as they were ; it's no wonder their wives dumped them !

SIX of NINE- Thanks for the sentiments ! Yeah, they got me with their bare hands - no wooden switches ! I'm good to go though - no need of a therapist ! Not yet anyway.

ESTEE- I think these guys truly needed psychiatric help - it's not surprising their wives left them !

AWAKENED at GILEAD- I'm glad you like to hike ! Yeah, my wife and son, and I like to go backpacking in the Sierra a lot in the sumer still. You'll have to come with us sometime ! Just keep your pants on though !LOL!

BESTY- At least you were panted in front of only adults ! What felt really creepy was having it done in front of 8 to 10 year olds. Was a weird feeling. Good to see you and your wife moved on from the incident !

CASPER- Thanks for your kind words . Yes I agree it was abuse of my personal boundaries. Like I said it was sick that children were watching this happen. That really affected the badness of it I believe Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I think that could be a criminal charge of indecent assault if it had happened over here flipper - not to mention, as you saw yourself, they'd want to investigate why it was done in front of minors.

Glad you recovered from the ordeal. You seem to have proven that you're the better person than they.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Good Lord! Wow. That is really just nuts, wrong...on sooo many levels.

Thank you for sharing Mr. Flipper.

Karma is alive and well, thankfully.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

A little bit of horseplay and competition with the guys is normal. I like to go on a hike and get to the top of the hill without resting or being out of breath, while the other guys are struggling. It is a natural way we sort out our ranking.

But what these guys did was way over the top. They totally disrespected you, and more so by doing in front of those boys. I can not overlook the fact that there was elements of dominance over you and possible homoerotic undercurrents at play with those guys. What they did was just plain wrong and your feelings about it were appropriate in the context of what they did. Those guys were just being dicks and there is no excuse for it.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm totally appalled by such behavior, It must of taken a lot of courage to relate such a story. This

sounds like a ritual of hazing. I doubt if I could have ever remained close friends either. I could only have done

the pleasantries but friendship definitely would of been over and in the past. Glad you could move on, your a good person flipper.

Cheers!

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit