Found this today - My Book of Bible Stories

by kurtbethel 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nice site Emo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Thanks mrsJ

The problem in the UK is that you'll only find Christian books of that calibre in Christian bookshops - and they are few ad far between. Probably why reniaa has only ever found what I'd call 'token' books. I know that there isn't likely to be a store near reniaa because most of them have closed in that area - if she even dared to go in one anyway. Eden is the biggest online independent Christian store over here - they're very reliable on delivery etc and have an excellent reputation.

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

This book was designed for CHILDREN

It would god if the OP could post some more of the "lovely" illustrations depicting death and various other nasties the artists deemed worthy of putting in this work

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This book was designed for CHILDREN

It would god if the OP could post some more of the "lovely" illustrations depicting death and various other nasties the artists deemed worthy of putting in this work

Yes, more treasures will be forthcoming, with my commentary. :-)

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Here we go again.

In this tale, Jehovah sends Abraham to kill his son Isaac as a sacrifice, because what is an only son among friends, right? Abraham puts the boy on the altar and as he prepares to make his death stroke, Jehovah says he was just kidding, who would ask his friend to sacrifice his boy? That is, unless the boy needed a blood transfusion, in which case he is to die, DIE, DIE!! So Abraham puts away the knife, which also doubled as a handy circumcision tool, and behold a sheep was caught in some bushes so it got the knife/circumcision tool instead.

Of course, the writers of this tale did not pay really close attention to the fine print, the clause where Abraham had a son prior to Isaac, but we must not let our little chillun' get bogged down in details like, for instance, the facts.

Kurtnote The Koran has Abraham's actual firstborn son Ishmael getting taken to the altar for sacrifice.

Kill your son for Yahweh

So Jehober, what if he needs a blood transfusion? Are we okay with that??

• chikikie
    chikikie

come on Kurt it is hardly a book worth ripping apart.

why dont you rip apart others like the creator book etc or the young people ask.

I know it seems like Im defending this little yellow book, but really i cnt see what is gained by taking this one apart bit by bit. The Bible is a cruel book and some of the stories have particulry grim endings, but it does tell the stroies acurately, i mean if your going to be an adult, reading bible stories doctored to tell only half the story isnt that a dis-service to children anyway. Life doesnt always have an happy ending and awful things happen.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

come on Kurt it is hardly a book worth ripping apart.

why don't you rip apart others like the creator book etc or the young people ask.

I would be glad to do that, on another thread, another time. Meanwhile, back to the show...

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I don't remember the talking donkey. Could someone post that?

BTW, is there a parallel between The Watchtower and talking out of an ass?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    Here we go again.

In this tale, Jehovah sends Abraham to kill his son Isaac as a sacrifice, because what is an only son among friends, right? Abraham puts the boy on the altar and as he prepares to make his death stroke, Jehovah says he was just kidding, who would ask his friend to sacrifice his boy? That is, unless the boy needed a blood transfusion, in which case he is to die, DIE, DIE!! So Abraham puts away the knife, which also doubled as a handy circumcision tool, and behold a sheep was caught in some bushes so it got the knife/circumcision tool instead.

Of course, the writers of this tale did not pay really close attention to the fine print, the clause where Abraham had a son prior to Isaac, but we must not let our little chillun' get bogged down in details like, for instance, the facts.

Kurtnote The Koran has Abraham's actual firstborn son Ishmael getting taken to the altar for sacrifice.

Kill your son for Yahweh

"I was just trying to help that sheep out of the bushes". I never knew Abraham was from Wyoming.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

A stupid book written by Old Men at Bethel....N.R.C {not recommended for children} I first learnt to read using that crappy book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit