What Its Like To Be A Gay Ex JW....

by str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up 119 Replies latest jw experiences

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    real one obviously is oblivious to the full implications of accepting every line in the old testament.

possibly but this thread has gone way off topic. If i recall, it was about personal experience and did not call for a judgment, let alone homophobic slurs.

Let's get back to topic.

Please.

Ta.

• Galileo
    Galileo
    your wondering should be taken care of here. This is very plain in the ot.

I know, it is plain. It is addressed it to men. It says nothing about what women should do. That was my point. Go back & reread my post. Anyway, I don't want to take part in thread hijacking, and I know you could babble your fundie nonsense all day, so that's all I'm going to post on the subject.

• real one
    real one

1. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    2. please show me where I have violated this guideline
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

real one's in the cooler!

Posting Guidelines
    To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid:

1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language
    2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.
    3. Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.
    4. Breaking the law
      This includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court (comments which might affect the outcome of an approaching court case). You may post a small amount of third party material, but please help us to avoid breaching copyright by naming its author and publication. We are unable to investigate all third party material, so where possible, please provide a link instead.
    5. Spamming
      Please don't add the same comment to more than one forum.
    6. Advertising
      You can mention relevant, non-commercial websites as long as they support your comment.
    7. Impersonating or falsely claiming to represent a person or organisation.
      Please don't mislead other users by abusing our registration procedure.
    8. Posting in a language other than English.
    9. Invading people's privacy
      Please don't post private addresses or phone numbers, including your own. You may post email addresses so long as you make it clear who they belong to.
    10. Posting an off-topic comment.
    11. Publicly disputing or arguing about moderator decisions
      If you disagree with any action taken then please raise it via email or PM.

Now let's get this thread back on topic.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Ozziepost thankyou!

Realone, again, i defend your right to your opinion, but i started this thread to explain what it is like for me now I am no longer a witness, and to explain that I am glad i made the decision to free myself from a judgemental organisation.

If this is offensive to you on a spiritual level, I did not intend to draw out your scriptural defense of your moral stance. I do not think that your tone suggests you are open to others points of view. Which is sad. This should be an accepting place, we are all overcoming what was a deeply judgemental and narrow religion, we do not come here to be censored for our lives now. This is my personal experience, and I, for one, would be greatful if you made the effort to show courtesy for my opinion as well.

Realone, I wish you only peace.

• chikikie
    chikikie

Your story spag has really touched me, welcome to the board, and you are going to be ok! I moved away from all my friends in 2000 (the only way to leave the witnesses without gettting hassled!) to start a new life, I have made close friends now and am happy in my worldly life. Sometimes I think about going back but its always around my baptism anniversary and is a brief time of anxiety in which it helps to read posts on here to help me keep my resolve! Anyway I look forward to your many many thoughts and reflections!

take care hunny! and WELCOME!!!

• milligal
    milligal

I always miss the exciting first page of a thread!

Here's my two cents....finally. As shocking as this may sound: I wish I was gay. I cannot understand how men and women cohabitate. At least my experiences with men, including my hubby-whom I love, drive me crazy. But I do like men 'in that way' even though there are plenty of days I wish I didn't.

With that being said, my feelings are that gay rights will catch up with the civil rights of African Americans, women, and pregnant women. It's coming, everyone so hang in there. I am a big proponent of gay rights and feel that sexuality should not in any way define a person's skill level or for that matter-humanity. I'll defend that to the death.

As far as the Bible goes, if I subjected myself to the 'word' I would be participating in stonings, shunnings, women subjecting themselves to men, righteous men using prostitutes-concubines and oh have I forgotten...more than one wife. The bible of all books clearly outlines the sexual evolution of mankind.

My favorite point to JW's: if man was once allowed to have more than one wife to 'fill the earth' (as their reasoning goes) than homosexuality should make perefect sense now that the earth is filled and we no longer need to reproduce. Let's show some consistency. If sexual moral laws were based upon a need for procreation back then, why not now?

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Welcome Str8!!! We embrace you here. Your writing is wonderful.

Real One....Someone new comes here for comfort and grace. When someone is healing the last thing they need is for someone to bitch slap them with their interpretation of the bible. Your need to pronouce your beliefs is greater than comforting a creation of God.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Thanks for sharing your story... I am gay too. Was an elder, and a model witness... Got married, had kids as well. I DA just 14 months ago, but became inactive in 2003... Coming out is the best decision, apart from leaving the witnesses, as I have ever done. Please feel free to send me a PM if you would like to.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey St8 - you sound like a good friend of mine. He went through the same thing. I had always known he was gay, he tried so hard, until, well be both fell out (me first) and I told him when he was ready he could be honest about me with regards to his sexuality and I would still be there, I'd still love him no matter.

His family also turned their back on him.

All the best and welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit