What Its Like To Be A Gay Ex JW....

by str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up 119 Replies latest jw experiences

• mind my own
    mind my own

A very warm welcome to you!! I'm so happy to hear you decided to be true to yourself. I look forward to hearing more from you!

MMO

• mind my own
    mind my own

BTW, I love your name! Very clever!

MMO

• Twisted Pride
    Twisted Pride

Hello everyone,

I can't believe that I just found this site and I wish it were available to me 20 years ago, lol. I just finished writing my own story about growing up in a JW family. To make a long story short, it was not pretty. If you are interested in my story you can go to my webpage and click on About Tony. My partner also posted his story about being gay in the Air Force and you can read that from the About Bob link. Our website is http://twistedpride.com and you are welcome to read our stories and view our pictures. Please sign our guest book and leave comments...please keep the comments PG, because my niece and nephew read them too.

Tony

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hi Twisted Pride! Welcome to the board! I am looking forward to reading your story at the website you provided.

Take care,

CJ

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

Hi Spaghetti,

Welcome to JWD. There have been many gay exJW's on the board over the years. I guess I would say I'm the old grey gay of the board now. I come and go from time to time here. You can find a lot of my postings about being gay under my old screen name joelbear.

It is clear to me that being homosexual is not a choice, nor is it learned. Who would you learn it from? I knew I was gay when I was 10.

I got baptized when I was 15 because I thought it would cleanse the gayness out of me. Nope. I dated sisters until I was 30 because I was convinced that I would eventually meet a woman that would turn me on. Nope.

I went to Bethel, determined to live a life of celibacy, but I fell in love with another brother and told him how I felt. He reported me and I was on the next plane home. Although, my committee there was quite kind to me. As was my committee when I got home to Georgia. They didn't know what to do with a young man who had always been faithful and obedient and humble and was now telling them he was queer.

I came out when I was 30. Moved away to start a new life. Lost contact with all my witness family except my Mom and Dad who truly tried to understand what I was going through even though it was difficult for them.

I met my partner Mitch shortly after coming out. We have been together almost 21 years.

Live life. Love others. Let Matthew 7:12 be your guide.

Joel

• dinah
    dinah

In case anyone misses Str8, I'm still in contact with him often. He's doing well.

• cawshun
    cawshun

Welcome str8, I am so sorry your family is shunning you, you have a right to be true to yourself. Who in the hell gave the jw's the right to be judge and jury??? If Jehovah has something against Gay's, He evidently isn't as perfect as they make Him out to be.... after all, Jehovah is your creator, so should we condem Jehovah for creating you?

By shunning you, your family is also shunning a part of themselves, you have the same DNA they have. Enjoy your life and make the most of it! If any one is queer, its the jw's and their stupid beliefs.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Hi Str8, I'm coming to this thread a year late. Somewhere my coming out story is posted. Take care, enjoy and don't let the trolls bug you too much!

Sherry

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hi Dinah

Tell st8 i said hi and Ilbh and I tried his rasberry sorbet with champagne poured over it this summer and it was scrummy!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

to the great majority of gays who simply find a partner, settle down, buy a house and travel a lot. But every gay i've ever spoken with and i've spoken with thousands agrees that 1) they were born gay and

Agree to that....

Am now extremely happy as a gay man, in a house, with a life partner, my children etc....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit