What Its Like To Be A Gay Ex JW....

by str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up 119 Replies latest jw experiences

• real one
    real one

Some of you may still think that being a homosexual is a deviation, and you are entitled to that opinion. However, for me, and all of those who are homosexual out there, we know that is simply not true. We have the urge to be with the same sex woven as deeply into our DNA as does a heterosexual for the opposite sex. I struggled with those feelings for years. In order to distract myself from what I was certain was an unforgivable sin, I devoted even more of myself to the society and Jehovah. I was determined to cleanse myself of the terrible stain.

Welcome to the board. I do not agree with your statement above nor will I allow it to be put out there and permeate the brains of any young ones out there that may be reading this without the other side being said.

We were all born into sin from conception, so don't let Satan put it in your mind or anyone elses that we are not. along with this condition comes many adversities. Society to some extent wants to embrace homosexuality. Young girls and boys in school are either claimimg gay or bi-sexual as a new fad. No good will come from this. There are too many horror stories out there about this lifestyle choice. Then years later these same ones claiming this or that go to college and change again.

Ther are many people that think they may be gay but choose to be alone. Im not suggesting how you should live your life but if you seek to have God's love then you must repent and ask God to accept you. This is the only victorious life out there to live. Not an easy life but by far the end will yield life eternal.

Most people here are wonderful, caring souls who accept everyone for who they are and offer support, love and interesting banter (as well as some cheeky humour and occasional flirting...), but unfortunately there are some who would like to act like elders, berating your new lifestyle and trying to get you to 'embrace Jesus' once again.

Ignore them. Don't feel you have to justify anything any more. You're no longer in a place where you have to report back anything or explain yourself.

Only report to Jesus, no man.

It is your choice how you live your life as I said but it is also my choice to tell you the gospel of Jesus Christ who saves and can help us make it through this life. none of us are perfect but we have a Father that we can go to if we choose

Choose life!

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Something I have learned since I left what is the most devastating of religions is that Sin is a social construct. We human beings are not inherently evil, we are beautiful, loving creatures. We are not born sinners, and we should simply take responsibility for our actions with regards to other humans, not allow a religion or group of people decide what is right or wrong.

That is so very insightful. I've observed that taboos usually lead to perversion of some sort. For example, in nations and religions where wine flows freely, there are fewer alcoholics. There is no shame or hiding away. Here in North America, there are all kinds of hangups over sexual mores, yet unbridled violence is accepted (i.e. movies). To a good part of the rest of the world, this is insane thinking.

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Hey "Curved Spaghetti"

You articulated your struggle very well and is quite similar to my struggle, although I mistakingly approached a good friend and "liberal" Elder about my gayness and well, he referred me to a judicial committee...oh well...LOL You made a graceful exit...!!!

Anyway, I'm so glad to hear you persevered, did not end your life and are on a fantastic journey. Best wishes to you!!!!

By the way, you may already be aware, but there is an mostly on-line support/network group for gay ex JW's called A Common Bond...there is a chapter or at least some individuals in Australia if you feel you need to connect to others (www.gayxjw.org).

As for the family, well that is more of a challenge, I'm not in communication with mine either so I know it's painful, but that is the sacrifice we all make when we leave the org and become self-actualized. It hurts terribly, but over-time we develop friendships, that really develop into "family" extended kinships...It's great!! I have friends and a loving partner (of 10 years) who would do anything for me and vice versa.

I recall attending my first gay pride march/parade and was having a good time with friends, when all of a sudden the PFLAG (Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) contingent marched by me with parents holding signs that exclaimed they were proud of their gay or lesbian children. I began to cry and sob uncontrollably, alarming my friends...I realized at that moment, that would never be my parents...but there is still hope, perhaps my mom won't march in a gay parade, but that someday she'll love me for me.

Hang in there, and again, all the best to you!

Best,

NYCkid

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Welcome, and pay no mind to realone. You know what's best for you to live a happy life. Be happy, don't worry. You are captive no more. Love will break a heart and love will mend it .

Blueblades

• beksbks
    beksbks

Welcome to the forum Sketty! As Blue said, please ignore real one. He is the minority here

• real one
    real one

Welcome, and pay no mind to realone.

I agree! God is our judge.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Welcom str8! Powerful opening post. Bigotry and ignorance are the real deviation.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Welcome to JWD, Str8!

I'm sorry to hear your family is shunning you. I know how that feels, as my children shun me. One good thing about shunning though . . . you get to live your best life without their interference!

I'm glad to hear you are being true to yourself.

The jws set a person up to fail if they leave the religion. I was too determined to let that happen to me. And I'm glad to hear you did not let the beliefs of the dubs destroy you. Instead you took control of your life. Writing about your experiences is a very healing process. Keep loving your Self and live your life fully --- just as you please!

Hugs

ESTEE

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Hi Str8 - Welcome to the board. Pay no attention to "real one." His name should be "fake one." The bilge and tripe that he spews has nothing at all to do with any "real" or "true" religion. As they say in the U.K., he is an utter "git." He's as ignorant and hateful as they come on this board; and thankfully he is more or less a minority of one here. You need pay him no mind.

As you know, it's baffling how some people living in our twenty-first century should even be enslaved menally/spiritually by the social mores of a collective of bronze-age, semitic nomads. The regulations of these people forbid homosexuality, but these same regulations forbid with equal vigor eating frogs' legs and the cutting of hair. And yet, there are indeed precious few people who get "riled" over the existence of French restaurants or barber shops. Hmm...I wonder why this is so

• real one
    real one

As you know, it's baffling how some people living in our twenty-first century should even be enslaved menally/spiritually by the social mores of a collective of bronze-age, semitic nomads. The regulations of these people forbid homosexuality, but these same regulations forbid with equal vigor eating frogs' legs and the cutting of hair. And yet, there are indeed precious few people who get "riled" over the existence of French restaurants or barber shops. Hmm...I wonder why this is so

not really sure what you mean but I follow God's rules and I don't make my own world to live in cause thats the "thing" to do. You call me hateful? Im telling people the gospel of Jesus Christ and how if they accept this way of life they can not only give their cares and worries to God but also receive the most precious gift of eternal life in the presence of our Creator. You call this hateful? Thats ok I understand the source.

I'm not going to lie to anyone on this forum or sugar coat anything to be popular here. I am here to spread the truth. Many here know what truth is but want to hide from it. You can't hide from truth because it will always find you and all those fairy tales you believe will turn out to be the lie.

Hebrews 6:18
    Godcannot tell lies! And so his promises and vows are two things that can never be changed. We have run to God for safety. Now his promises should greatly encourage us to take hold of the hope that is right in front of us.

You left jw hopefully to find the truth. Yes, many things they taught were lies but many things they taught were also true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit