What is the dumbest thing you ever did?

by John Doe 45 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Smash a church's windows with slingshots in the middle of a service. Including pretty stained ones. Hearing the singing suddenly stop. Watch all the freaked out people run out. Run rooftop to rooftop getting away when the cops came. Spraining my ankle jumping into my aunt's yard from her roof and sneaking in the back door.

I know it's bad but it made me laugh!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I know it's bad but it made me laugh!

The impact of what were doing didn't hit us until the singing stopped and surprised cries rang out.

I think they were charismatics so they may have thought it was the Holy Spirit or something.

The cops went through the whole neighbor hood door to door asking questions. An older uninvolved cousing opened the door and answered questions. I could never have done it I was white as a sheet and looked guilty as sin.

The older I get, the guiltier I feel about having done this as a kid. It was "Babylon the Great" but I felt I had done something very wrong......

BTS

• oompa
    oompa

I sailed a yacht with a 47 foot mast under a 45 foot tall concrete bridge....or tried to.............oompa

• Priest73
    Priest73

Let me guess oompa... in three foot seas?

• Priest73
    Priest73

I guess my stupid-est thing for me would be start smoking again after my divorce... and that was 10 years ago.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Wow! I've done a lot of stupid things, extremely stupid things....I wouldn't know where to start.

I caught a field on fire, had to call the fire dept.

Along with others tore up a state owned fence years ago. They had a reward out for the ones responsible.

Eluded the police and game wardens.

Threw a beer bottle thru a school window. (Didn't mean to)

Too many things to mention.

Quirky

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Seriously the dumbest thing I ever did was get Baptized and say that I would dedicate my life to the Watchtower Society at the age of 15. I did it because I was under duress from my Elder Father, but now if I could do it over again I would not have done it. I didn't have my heart in the Beliefs of the JW religion that was shoved down my throat by my parents. You get baptized and then you are open game for being disfellowshipped and shunned.

Velvet

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

On this discussion board, I think everyone knows the answer to that question.

• dinah
    dinah

The stupidest thing I ever did was start smoking when I got df'd, 22 years. I've tried to quit several times, it drives me crazy (or crazier).

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I allowed the Friends to talk me into quitting a good job with benefits and retirement. I would be retired today, instead I have to work 7 more years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit