What is the dumbest thing you ever did?

by John Doe 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33

Well this was when my brother and I were young, maybe 6 and 7. My mother had potted plants all over the house and we were horseplaying when my mother had went upstairs for whatever reason - probably to take a nap. We accidently knocked over one of her potted plants, dirt was tossed all over the floor, so we hurried to get the vacuum cleaner to vacuum it up, not realizing my mother had just watered the plant with a bunch of water.

I can honestly say I lived through being shocked electrically, my brother and I, but did we stop vacuuming?? Noooo, we wanted to clean it up.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I noticed there was a light bulb missing from my neighbor's candy canes along her driveway. I told her and she handed me a replacement bulb. It was raining. I didn't think to see if the string of canes was plugged in. The socket was lying in the rain. I thought to myself, "Better make sure the socket doesn't have any water in it." I stuck my finger in the socket to dry out any water. I was crouching down with my back to the grass. Well, the line was plugged in. It was one of those deals that if one bulb is out, they all go out. I felt the current go through my body like a violent, sudden jolt. I flipped over backwards and landed on my back. It knocked me probably three or four feet. My finger tip and nail were charred. Moral of the story? Always make sure the lights are unplugged, even if none of them are "on". I was probably 8 or 9 years old. I don't think anyone saw it happen.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The genuinely most stupid thing I ever did was to get baptised as a JW.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Me, my brother, and a friend of ours used to make our own flame-throwers out of a lighter and a can of WD-40. Pretty cool at the time, but incredibly stupid in hindsight.

Also, when I was a little kid, I thought it would fun to take my saucer sled down the basement stairs. It wasn't. It was a painful ride, and there was very little room between the bottom of the stairs and the wall, which was cement. I think that's the only time in my life I actually blacked out.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

The dumbest? So many to pick from. I know! I didn't go to college until I was in my 40s!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Becoming one of Jehovah's Witlesses.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

brainwash my kids
    xxx SC

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

what strawberry cake said. . .

ESTEE

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Once whilst still in the truth I was staying with my grandparents. I'd been out drinking with the brothers and had a bit too much to drink and i was dropped off really late. I left myself in and locked the door and i went to bed and quickly fell asleep. Shortly after I heard a ring on the bell and jumped out of bed still drunk, ran down the stairs and opened the door to my grandparents who had been out at friends. I let them into the hallway and because I was feeling cold quickly said goodnight and then ran up the stairs in front of them and got back into bed.

It was only when i was in bed and snuggling down that I realise I was stark naked in bed, that i had openned the door to my grandparents stark naked and stood there in front of them and said goodnight!

Luckily it was a sunday the next morning and i was able to slip out to the meeting then stay out all afternoon doing Fs !

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Back when I was in the military, I was cleaning a large mounted machine gun on a windy
    day. I had just about finished applying oil to the barrel when a safety-inspection officer
    asked me to climb down and talk to him. He wanted to review my outstanding safety
    performance over this last month.

I asked him if he minded my lighting up a cigarette while he spoke with me. It was fine
    with him. Well, the wind was so bad that I shielded my lighter with my cupped hand
    which was still clutching the oil-soaked rag from cleaning the gun.

So, here I was getting recognition for my outstanding safety when the rag in my hand
    became a ball of fire. Even though I casually dropped it to the ground and stomped it
    out, the safety-inspector did not laugh it off as I had hoped. Instead, he spread the
    word about our little excitement. I really got reamed by my commanding officer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit