what movies do you recomend

by heathen 65 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

I'm always interested in seeing a good movie , anything out there that really rocked your world , please share.....

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

The Proposition-Written by Nick Cave of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. He did the soundtrack as well, naturally. Stars Guy Pierce. Awsome Australian western.

The Heartbreak Kid- Crude comedy starring Ben Stiller. Pretty crass, but if you're not offended by crude humor, it's a riot!

Cloverfield- Camera work is pretty shaky, but otherwise a cool idea.

Beowulf- I really liked this one. If you can find a copy in 3-D, it's worth the effort. Great animation. Cool characters.

City of God- One of the best films I've ever seen. If you don't speak Portuguese, you'll have to rely on subtitles though.

• heathen
    heathen

I should add I hate sub titles .Maybe I'll share some of my faves , blade runner , raiders of the lost ark, star wars ,spiderman,Godfather,10 commandments,matrix,the mummy , gladiator ,forest gump ,raging bull .

• llbh
    llbh

The Kite Runner - brilliant . The Diving bell and the butterfly both of these films are based on books of the same title and have subtitles but are worth it.

Juno very good film no subtitiles

David

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Mr. Brooks - It's the most suspenseful and captivating movie I have seen in years. I'd compare it to a few episodes of of "Dexter" mixed w/ some "Law and Order: SVU" topped off w/ a splash of "Rear Window".

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Spartacus

The Gladiator

Did you need to ask?

• ninja
    ninja

I recommend city of God too....amazing film

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

The Game with Michael Douglas

Perfect Stranger with Bruce Willis and Halle Berry

Reign Over Me Adam Sandler--kind of sad, kind of funny, very heavy

momz

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Newer movies, I'd recommend: Juno, Across the Universe or 21 (if you like a modern take on the old Rat Pack-style)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

No Country for Old Men

There Will Be Blood

Atonement

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit