What do you know you know?

by zensim 36 Replies latest jw friends

• zensim
    zensim

Thank you all for your posts. I enjoyed each of them very much

Tired of Hypocrisy - thank you.

VoidEater:

I know that the exquisite sensation of the Divine within me may be nothing more than my psyche's way of delivering positive feedback and approval that my pyschology has disowned.

I love that. I also think you have the best username and it says it all.

Journey-On and Twitch:

Hope4Others: I really appreciated the Gorky quote relative to current events in my personal life.

RealOne: See Journey-On.

OpenMind: Music is valued expression and I love the symbiotic nature of words and music. Trust that this is healthy for body and mind and sing to your kids.

It is such a privilege to be aware of so many who are able to rest in the unknown. My time here at JWD is so different this time as I am able to recognise all of you individually.

And in this unknowing, this vast, boundless expanse - knowing arises.

But what I know at that particular moment and place (which is not the reflective spot where I know I know) I can't tell without instantly betraying it.

Absolutely. In feeling that "definite chill in my spine tells me I know" we are the experience, we are that knowing. And the moment we try to tell it, we feel we are taken out of the experience, thus the feeling of betrayal.

Yet, as humans, there is always the desire to somehow attempt to capture that knowing. And it is through others sharing their knowing - even if we allow for it to be 'wrong' in the next moment - that we grow in our ability of self-realisation.

So we are all agreed that there is no permanency to this knowing, that by it's very nature of transparency and flow 'knowing' is.

I also believe that it is beholden upon us to try and share at times this knowing we have in this moment. Maybe it is not for our sakes that this knowing needs to be given expression. Often, the things that are the hardest to share, the hardest to convey, are the most valuable.

And in between there is silence. Wise people know when to rest in this quietness, in the un-nameable, as this silence. A truly wise person also knows when to listen to the beckoning that calls you out of silence.

So again, now that we have all established a level of trust and intention. I want to know, what do you know in this moment that must be spoken? And if you have nothing to say - that is perfectly okay also (Quietly Trying).

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I know that I've only just begun to know myself. I know that I like myself more than I ever have. I know that I've never been happier than I am right now. I know that all of those things are quite an accomplishment for someone who has been out of the cult less than a year.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I know that right now I am happy and that emotions change.

I know that I'm constantly evolving and what I may perceive as truth today may not be so tomorrow.

I know that my journey is unique and no matter what I will walk it to the end.

I am at peace.

• Switch
    Switch

I know that everything that was once so simple has now become complicated but I'm starting to accept that I will be okay. I know I will be enjoying the here and now and not concentrating on the things unseen. I know I have a lot to learn but that is exciting and refreshing at times.

• caliber
    caliber

I know that all valuable thoughts & actions must begin in the heart ,ever before they touch others ;

like concentric circles of waves that expands & moves ever outward as when a stone is dropped

in a large body of water !

Caliber

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

What do you know right now, in this moment that must be spoken?

I know that I have looked behind the curtain and I see a man playing the wizzard.

That is not very reassuring.

• zensim
    zensim

"I would tell myself that renouncing the lovely game of combining lovely words was foolish, that there was no reason to seek the single, perhaps illusory, One." ("Undr" - Jorge Luis Borges)

Thank you Narkissos, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. I know nothing else but this, this ache in my heart that is the constant feeling of my heart breaking open, wider and wider.

It is a joy to be in service to wonder, to the 'beloved', to speak truth - as much as it is often painful. The pain is lessening these days as I proudly hold hands with my new friend 'Fear'. I stopped fearing fear a long time ago, but it has taken me a while to give fear a place in my heart. Now that I give all emotions, all ways of being open space in my heart, I find that they actually know how to work in harmony much better than I do at the level of mind. And, in doing that, mind finds a resting place where it is also allowed to be all that it is.

I love my mind, I love my heart, I love the way they both constantly expand - more and more in synergy these days. I love my song, my voice, my truth and in loving my own wholeness, I love everybody else in their wholeness.

These intimate, rare, precious moments are increasing and I am in 'wonder' that someone as much a stranger as you are to me, can break open my heart once again by sharing with me something that has touched you. I cannot express the depth of my gratitude - Thank you.

Love.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I except

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

zensim,

Thank you so much for going there, and coming back to tell...

At some point you "understand" (which of course doesn't mean that you can explain) why the "deepest" "wisdom" of all ages and places has always expressed itself in self-contradictory (aporetic, oxymoric, paradoxical, dialectical, etc...) fashion. And before (or after!) you get to that point it remains in your mind as a burning question, calling you (forward, back or again) there.

So with the following thought your post brings forth: "enjoy the pain, suffer the joy".

From Antonio Machado's Renacimiento (Rebirth):

En nuestras almas todo
    por misteriosa mano se gobierna.
    Incomprensibles, mudas,
    nada sabemos de las almas nuestras.

Las más hondas palabras
    del sabio nos enseñan,
    lo que el silbar del viento cuando sopla,
    o el sonar de las aguas cuando ruedan.

(Tentative translation:

In our souls everything
    is governed by a mysterious hand.
    Incomprehensible, mute,
    we know nothing of our souls.

The deepest words
    of the wise teach us
    what the wind whistles when it blows,
    what the waters murmur when they run.)

doofdaddy,

or do I?

• zensim
    zensim
    "enjoy the pain, suffer the joy"

Oh, I like that. Only just a couple of days ago I said to a dear friend that sometimes pain is even preferable to the feeling of "I can't take any more love".

There is the "what?", the "who?", the "when?", the "how?" and ... then there is the "why?" The "why?" will either drive you to insanity or lead you to freedom. I have passed through the insanity, now I enjoy all the ways I can possibly explore the "why?". I kind of feel like a kid in the candy store of life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit