What do you know you know?

by zensim 36 Replies latest jw friends

• zensim
    zensim

I have been inspired to ask this question by Narkissos' thread: "Is 'consciousness' overrated?" (et al).

Whilst my question is primarily directed to you Nark, I want to open this up to everyone else also.

Nark - from your opening ramblings (and I mean that in the most endearing way) on "Is 'consciousness' overrated?", and from other recent posts, I get the feeling that you are asking these questions because you know something and you are trying to grasp onto what you know. It is coming into form, but is still tantalisingly out of reach (although, from my experience, you could very well have grasped it by now - in the last 12 hours, or indeed as you read this).

Putting aside then any 'logicality', 'reasonableness' and 'scientific enquiry' (to the possible dismay of everyone, but I believe you already are all these things) - what is it that you know, deep inside your being - which may sound absurd if you try to explain it, which you fear no-one will understand and which you doubt you even have words for? What is it that has been created within you that wants to give birth to itself and become manifest?

I, personally, really want to know because I feel that it is something important and if it is important, then I need to know also. Consider me the invitation :)

To everyone else: what do you know, deep within you, that feels it must be spoken but is afraid? I am not talking facetiously here ("I know the grass is green") - I am talking about that inner knowing that we all sometimes feel, like the inner knowing which told you it was time to leave the JW's - even though every other part of you screamed out "No, you are crazy, no, it is too painful, too hard, no, it is not logical, it does not make sense". What do you know right now, in this moment that must be spoken?

Welcome to satsang everyone :)
    Zensim

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I was going to respond to this, but then realized I'm not sure if I know what I thought I knew! In the end, thought better of it...hopefully you will get at least SOME responses

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Nearly everyone means well.

We just mess things up because of fear and pain.

It's one big poker game.

There are too few winners.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I know I know myself.

Nothing I do surprises me.

Sylvia

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving
    It is coming into form, but is still tantalisingly out of reach (although, from my experience, you could very well have grasped it by now - in the last 12 hours, or indeed as you read this).

can I try too

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I know that I don't know very much. And I know that there is a certain genius in accepting the little I know.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I know nothing. However, I have an almost preternatural ability at guessing ;-) (for instance, I guessed at what "preternatural" means).

** seperate, unrelated-to-my-above-comment :wink: for Narkissos (except for the portion of my comment in parenthesis, to which the :wink: does apply somewhat).

***even more unrelated-to-my-comments :wink: @ Spazy

• Open mind
    Open mind

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
    I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
    I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
    I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know

Hey, I ought to leave the young thing alone,
    But ain't no sunshine when she's....... gone.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"For my own part, I have never had a thought which I could not set down in words with even more distinctness than that which I conceived it. There is, however, a class of fancies, of exquisite delicacy, which are not thoughts..." -Poe

As a painter uses paint, I use words to create a chiaroscuro of fingers pointing, and ralize that sometimes, good enough must be.

Music becomes an art with a larger canvas - and that is where I turn to more effectively communicate the fuller magnitude of what I find within my experience. http://web.mac.com/void_eater/Site/Welcome.html

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sorry zensim,

Couldn't help myself.

Seriously, I KNOW that going through the JW motions when I don't believe it any more is unhealthy. Slowly revealing the truth to my kids feels right.

OM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit