I Do Not Understand Why JWs Leave & Become Catholics!

by minimus 239 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Wow this thread is still going on, It seems that this board is more accepting of people going back to meetings than joining the Catholic church, why are JW's and EXJW's hate the Catholic faith so much, people need to be more accepting and open minded to what people now believe and respect them and not forget what we are really all here for.

Hey WA, the reason this thread continues is because many here are very accepting of the RCC and are posting on this thread, like moi.

• undercover
    undercover
    Wow this thread is still going on, It seems that this board is more accepting of people going back to meetings than joining the Catholic church, why are JW's and EXJW's hate the Catholic faith so much, people need to be more accepting and open minded to what people now believe and respect them and not forget what we are really all here for.
    Hey WA, the reason this thread continues is because many here are very accepting of the RCC and are posting on this thread, like moi.

...and people like me, who haven't accepted the line the "Church" is handing out keeps posting as well... I wanna make one thing clear, just because I question why people would accept the Catholic religion doesn't mean I disrespect them or judge them. People have the right to worship as they choose. I respect that, though I may never accept their belief that their church is the way to go. There have been some posts that pointed out how many wonderful people there are in the Catholic religion. I agree. I too know some wonderful Catholics. But I also know some wonderful JWs. I knows some great Mormons. Hell, I even met an old snake handling preacher that was as nice an old guy you could meet. Just beause there are great people in various religions doesn't mean that I can't question or disgaree with their choice of religion or church. And it doesn't mean that I disrespect anyone's belief by voicing my opinion on it.

• minimus
    minimus

I agree with Mary and Undercover. I too, have no ill regard for Catholic persons. We should be able to believe whatever we want. Perhaps those that defend Catholism should cut some slack to JWs too. As Mary detailed, there's a lot of things that Catholics do in rituals that are not sanctioned by the scriptures.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Min, I've never heard any Catholic talk bad about JW's, Yes maybe EXJW Catholics, but none of my Catholic friends talk bad about JW's, even when I tell them I grew up in a JW home, they are mostly curious ask a lot of questions, like why we didn't celebrate birthdays, blood transfusions, etc. Even in church I've never heard anything bad about JW's from my priest, the only thing I remember was one priest talking about how in America its very easy for anyone to start their own religion and that is probably why we have so many religions in America like the mormons and JWs.

• minimus
    minimus

The Knights of Columbus, a "very" Catholic fraternity HATES JWs and has much inflammatory tracts against JWs.

Most Catholics that I knew were personable UNTIL they found out you were a JW. Then they'd slam the door in your face because the parish priests told them if they listened or talked to JWs they'd burn in HELL! i know many firsthand accounts of this.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

JW's would like to see their leader (Ted Jaracz) drive around in a Pope-mobile waving at district assemblies.

Since that is unlikely to happen, they turn Catholic to live out the fantasy.

Rub a Dub

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

the KofC, ha ha ha I sent in my membership, have you done much research into the Knights? it's mostly about Insurance, taking care of widows, and helping young Catholics pay for college who can not afford it. As far as Catholic that slam a door in your face, I doubt it was a fear of hell but more "why are you bothering me on a beautiful saturday morning"

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Perhaps those that defend Catholism should cut some slack to JWs too. As Mary detailed, there's a lot of things that Catholics do in rituals that are not sanctioned by the scriptures.

Catholics know that they follow traditions that are outside of scripture. And you don't kicked out if you don't believe everything they do. It is JW's who believe all practices have to sanctioned by scripture, not the Catholic Church.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Oh, nevermind.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Catholics know that they follow traditions that are outside of scripture. And you don't kicked out if you don't believe everything they do. It is JW's who believe all practices have to sanctioned by scripture, not the Catholic Church.

To refine your post a bit, Catholics hold that none of their Tradition, even if not specifically sanctioned in Scripture, violates anything in Scripture.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit