On my remarks of Mother Mary it was for the Orthodox Church, an ex-jw that turned to Orthodox Christian, and again I will point out my tips :
1.Regarding the "idols" idol "eidolo" in Greek, "eidos" it means the thing that we can see, or we can understand with our senses, and it has to do ONLY with the visualization of God. NEVER in the Bible refering the word idol exept the portrait God.
2.There is a difference in the words Worship-proskino in Greek. There is honorable worship, and we can honour anyone. Jesus says to worship-proskinisoun - honour the Bishop of the Church Philadelphia It is honorable worship. Don't indicate the example of Paul and Barnabas, because in Greece the crowd tried to worship them as Idolater God's- Hermes and Zeus, and that is why they refuse. So in Church we honour the Saints, and Jesus Mother, and this is not idol worship ...
So that makes according to your logic Apostle John an idolater because he worshiped the Angel that gave the Revelation.(he was honoring God's Angel here)
In Joshua 5:13-15 we see that Josua WORSHIPED Jehovah's Archangel...so does this make Joshua an idolater???
In Revelation 3:7-10 Jesus said that he will make people to bow down on their knees and worship the Episkopos of Philadelphia!!! So is Jesus promoting idol worship here???
So we honor even the relics of the Saints because according to 1 Corinthians 3:16 they have been the Temple of God
Try to understand the difference from Honoring and idol worship, because honoring you can find it in the Old and New Testament and there is difference between the 2
Again I will ask those questions to the Protestands:
1.Is the Holy Bible the only basis for the Christian faith?
2. Were in the Bible indicates that only the Bible is our basis for our Christian Faith?
3. Who set the Biblical Canon?
4.What is the Protestand basis to accept the 66 books of the Bible instead of 77 that Orthodox and Catholic Church accepts?
5. Were in the Bible is telling us the Books that we should accept as the Biblical Canon are part of the Holy Scriptures?
6. Can you indicate a verse in the Bible that claims to be infalible?
7. Were in the Bible is showing us that the faith of the Church is being set according to the Bible and not the opposite?
8. In the Early Christian Church we had the Apostoles and the Prophets and they were appointed by the Holy Spirit Elders (Episkopoi in Greek)and this succesion is being carried for over 2000 years in the Apostolic Church, starting from James the first Bishop of Jerusalim.Do JW's or any Protestand has any Apostolic Succesion?
9. Has the Apostolic Church ever Apostasized?
10.Why do Protestands accept a Bible that was set by the Apostolic Church with Saint Athanasius(Greek Orthodox) at the 3th century who defined the Biblical canon?Is it correct on their behalf to accept a Bible that came out from the "apostate" Christians?
11. What do the writtings of the first 2 centuries of Christianity indicate to us regarding the Christian faith since we have letters from the immediate succesors of the Apostles like The letter to the Church of Magnisis from Saint Ignatios the Bishop of Antioch? It was written between 97 AD - 107AD.
12. Would Jesus allow Satan to turn the Church that He set with His Blood an "apostate"Church, and Satan would truimph over Jesus Church for hundreds of years?
Those are questions that need an answer....can any Protestand Domination give answers to the questions above...
I do not condemn any one that left JW's and decided to follow Christ according to their knowledge and try following the Bible. And there is no condemnation for anyone who is trying to follow Jesus, no matter were this indivitual belongs, because at the end we are all going to be judged according to our deeds from Jesus. This is a fact that no one can deny...because Jesus knows our heart and mind and knows our intentions.
I do not condemn even JW's because I know there are sincere people inside that cult that they are only trying to follow Jesus. Again I don't condemn anyone that became an Atheist, or even became Muslim, or Hindu. I strongly believe and this is a fact that we are all going to be judged according to our deeds
But I will strongly argue with anyone that claims that the Early Church became apostate religion and we cannot trace the origins of the Early Church because this argument does not have a solid ground. In my Island Cyprus, there are Ecclesiastical monuments that are coming out from the Early days of Christianity. Catacombs with Holy Icons that haven't changed ever since. Saint Lazarus was the first Bishop of my hometown Kition, and the grave he was burried it is there for 2000 years. Apostle Barnabas the first Bishop of the Island we find his grave in Salamis. I have see the writtings of the Early Succesors of the Apostles in my own language in Greek, the language that the Gospel was spread through the Roman Empire, and all those writtings indicate to me that the Apostolic Succesion it is still carried on for 2000 years in hte Christian Orthodox Apostolic Church.
The proof is there, and it is up to anyone who wishes to do REAL search regarding the History of the Early Church to see the reality. But before doing that is better to try to give answers to the questions above...