I Do Not Understand Why JWs Leave & Become Catholics!

by minimus 239 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Undercover

'What the fuck difference is that from what the Watchtower Society'

The difference is that the rc leadership doesn't expect as much from members, doesn't set such high standards for members, doesn't punish like the wt does. Catholic families aren't ripped apart by church rules, like the wt rips apart families.

S

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

(And remember, I'm not for any religion....I just think the RCC REALLY is a hypocritical religion).

Church is a spiritual hospital where you go to heal. Can you think of a better place for hypocrites. No one claims going to the Catholic church will make you perfect and therefore not a hypocrite.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Picture this: Dense rainforest (or whatever landscape/terrain you prefer to envision). An indigenous tribe of people. Their people power hierarchy. The unseen forces and events they story-tell about, especially to their young. All the business of living, surviving, thriving, and dying, that springs from this. >>>---> It's okay, minimus, they don't understand us either.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I Do Not Understand Why JWs Leave & Become Catholics!

Nor do I minimus, nor do I

• undercover
    undercover
    The difference is that the rc leadership doesn't expect as much from members, doesn't set such high standards for members, doesn't punish like the wt does. Catholic families aren't ripped apart by church rules, like the wt rips apart families.

Oh, okay...that makes it all good then. They're not as bad as the Watchtower when it comes to shunning and expecting perfection so it has to be the one true religion.

I'm still amazed...how anyone can free themselves of the slavery of the Watchtower Society and turn right aournd and give themselves up as a slave to another religion...a religion that is so obviously bogus if you take the time to research it...it just boggles the mind.

• minimus
    minimus

Some people just like "feeling" "spiritual". When their religion teaches certain mysteries, it should just be accepted in blind faith. Church makes them feel at one with God. You know, the music, the incense, the garb.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Honestly, I've always felt God's presence when I'm outside admiring His wonderous creations ... the trees, the rain, the sun, etc. I've never felt that inside a church. Is there a scripture that specifically says we must worship in a building?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    so it has to be the one true religion.

Most Catholics do not believe they are the one true religion. It isn't important to them that there is a one true religion.

And, Minimus, it isn't required that Catholics accept those mysteries in blind faith. It's an acknowedgment from the church that they don't have all the answers. It's okay not to know all the answers and have the exact truth about everything. My therapist is a Dominican nun. She doesn't believe everything traditionally Catholic. A lot of the priests don't either and they don't get kicked out for telling people so.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Is there a scripture that specifically says we must worship in a building?

No. And you know that Jesus said that whenever two or more are gathered in his name he is with them in spirit. I don't believe you have to be part of anything to connect spiritually to the Great Spirit or God, gods or goddesses.

• minimus
    minimus

The cannot explain the "mystery of the Holy Trinity". it IS a mystery they accept blindly, as they cannot clearly understand it.

And the RCC believes it IS the "True Church".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit