Jehovah's Witnesses are CASTING A GIANT SHADOW

by Terry 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light
    I replied, Wow have you ever read anything about world history? Cause I dont know about you, but the Dark Ages seemed a whole lot worse than than now. I mean,really half of Europe died of the Plague! A disease that was eradicated in the 20th century thanks to modern medicine.

I was always very, very confused at the concept that the world is getting worse. Even as a very young boy, I could see that being a human being on earth has ONLY gotten better, more enlightened, more comfortable, safer, interesting and hopeful throughout human history.

The good news doesn't make news folks. I talked to someone I love today, nobody noticed (except them).

There is a definite mental sickness in the doctrine of the Forlorn and Depressed Sociopath, where's the "good news(TM)"?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good post, Terry.

I remember my days trapped in the tower. I always thought the publishing company and its salespeople were the most negative people I have ever come accross.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Good post Terry. I took the liberty to put your post on www.channelC.org, and I did mention it was from you after the posting. When I left the JW's, I said to myself, "Welcome to the human race!"

Outaservice

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

If I recall correctly you don't care for Plato, but that sounds a lot like the allegory of the cave.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Well done Terry. I couldn't agree more with your assessment.

Thankfully more and more JW's are waking up to this reality.

Keep up the good work and try and get your message out to JW's in your area if you can. It would be a good deed.

The Oracle

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes Terry very good point about jws living in a shadow devised by a corrupt publishing house. The Armageddon hype did well for their literature sales this is true but it also occurred a lot of mental apathy and perhaps crippling the individual psychologically. The only worthwhile and valid use of self expression was to strengthen the organization, any other efforts were deemed futile and pointless. Deadly and dangerous things will happen when men place the power of God in their hands. I wonder if any of these men really took notice or cared about how many of peoples lives the F...ed up. Maybe its because of the fact they stand so proudly high up top the tower that can't see far down below in how exactly they are effecting peoples lives !

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Many JWs are happy, which seems illogical for a religion that negatively concentrates on how evil everything/everyone has become. I think that the WTS has been involved in a clever balancing act, keeping members spirits up by describing the fortune JWs have of being the "happiest people on earth" in their "spiritual paradise", the lucky ones as part of the Great Crowd that will be the only people in all history to never die but walk into paradise.

Of course, if a JW starts to recognise that these statements are not based on reality, cognitive dissonance sets in, pushing JWs to the cusp of emotional and spiritual breakdown.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Fantastic post Terry, I for one am glad I live in the 21st Century and not 100 years ago!!!

and I'm even happier now I'm away from all the negative beliefs about the world and its people.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

What a great post T. Not only have dubs put their life on hold but they don't even look at the beauty of the people around them.

LD

• chickpea
    chickpea

your summation of the JW mindset abd belief system is so spot on...... and the antithesis of what i have now embraced as a world view.....

"YOU must be the change you wish to see in the world" Mahatma Ghandi ( kinda smacks of that JW line " you have to give jehovah something to bless")

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit