Jehovah's Witnesses are CASTING A GIANT SHADOW

by Terry 37 Replies latest jw friends

• fifi40
    fifi40

Terry

You already know this but sometimes you just love people for their minds. Yours is and always will be one of my favourite minds.

Fi

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    You already know this but sometimes you just love people for their minds. Yours is and always will be one of my favourite minds.

Yes, I too must confess to such a feeling. I will keep this from the other Gladiators, they might misunderstand.

Brilliant post as always.

TG

• Sirona
    Sirona

I agree Terry.

This is why I see the JWs as being in spiritual darkness. They are in opposition to enlightenment.

Sirona

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

No celebrations of birth, thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, anniversaries are allowed because happiness is not for them!

Nothing that makes life worth living, celebrating or improving can be a part of their daily routines

I'm not sure about this Terry, I think even as a witness before and the friends I associated with all really looked at these holidays as I wish we could, I know

myself I would make a big meal and have many over, it was a statutory holiday and we were going to make it fun. Of course no decorations, but that did not mean

we did not think they were beautiful. So often during Christmas time or leading up to, you here the xmas music and catch yourself humming or singing it for what seems like

hours. I think many desire to celebrate something, its just the fear factor kicking in that makes you know you shouldn't. Oh, perhaps I am way off here in what

you are really saying or trying to express. Or perhaps i had rebellious ideas all along, and my heart was never really there according to jw mandates. You are right in that the society

attempts to take all that away but underneath deep I think many look at these things and really want what other people seem to have, the happiness that goes along with it all.

Do I make sense to you? You are a deep thinker Terry.

Cheers!

hope4others

• justhuman
    justhuman

Excellent topic Terry. Indeed JW's are offering nothing to the World...they just sit and wait for Armageddon to fix all the problems of our plannet.

While others are fighting against pollution, trying to find alternative enviromental energy resources, and the way the oil prices gone grazy for shure this will speed up the process. JW's they driving their cars 3 times a week at their kindom hall for the brainwashing meetings set by the FDS, plus another time for field service creating more pollution to our plannet!!!

Sure our plannet has many problems. But indeed people change lot of things to the better. In many rivers in Europe we clean our rivers from pollution and as a result the fish are back. London was more polluted in the early of the brevious century due to carcoal. Now is cleaner. Greenpeace is playing an importand role for saving our plannet, plus other enviromental groups.

JW's are sitting there pathetically waiting for God to end ALL of their problems...

• Terry
    Terry

You might find this "inside" opinion rather illuminating of the current JW mindset.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/157914/1.ashx
  • mcsemike
    mcsemike

Hi Terry: I wanted to add my opinion about your post and tell you that it was brilliant. While in college getting my Psych degree, I met few fellow students with your insight, as well as your sense of humor. You would make a gifted therapist.

I've also heard your music and last year I contacted you to tell you that being a professional musician myself, that your compositions were extremely inspired and technically of the highest quality. In the 55 years since I began with music, I have never heard music like yours. You are a man of many talents.

Of course, another one is your sense of humor. I wish more of us, including you, had the time to write a satire of every publication that the WT publishes. They provide so much material that it's hard not to find something to lampoon. I still will never fully understand how grown men and women can participate in such a ridiculous cult without the slightest embarrassment or shame. We know they are brain-washed and most have serious mental illnesses, but there is more to it than that.

I don't know how on topic I am concerning this thread. I've never been a regular participant in blogs, forums, etc. I'm sure I go on a tangent at times. But I just wanted you to know that I hope you write more in the future. Maybe a nice song with words that expose how ridiculous the WT really is.

My best to you and everyone else. M.A.N. from Silent Lambs

• Terry
    Terry

Of course, another one is your sense of humor. I wish more of us, including you, had the time to write a satire of every publication that the WT publishes. They provide so much material that it's hard not to find something to lampoon. I still will never fully understand how grown men and women can participate in such a ridiculous cult without the slightest embarrassment or shame. We know they are brain-washed and most have serious mental illnesses, but there is more to it than that.

I don't know how on topic I am concerning this thread. I've never been a regular participant in blogs, forums, etc. I'm sure I go on a tangent at times. But I just wanted you to know that I hope you write more in the future. Maybe a nice song with words that expose how ridiculous the WT really is.

My best to you and everyone else. M.A.N. from Silent Lambs

You are way too generious--but, I'm not complaining! Thank you for your kind words of esteem and encouragement.

I have written several parodies. I might have to dig one or two up for those who might find them titillating.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/131977/1.ashx

Try that link to an "interview with the founders of Jehovah's Witnesses". It is silly fun.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/95869/1634786/post.ashx#1634786

That one is Russell meets Rutherford

Enjoy!

T

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit