Jehovah's Witnesses are CASTING A GIANT SHADOW

by Terry 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Folks are about as happy as they decide to be.

Looking on the bright side of life gives you more of a foothold when things go awry. Nurturing hope builds a foundation for you which enables you to save for tomorrow and build toward the future and hang on when things get tough.

People dig their own graves when they become pessimists. "Why bother" replaces "That's worth a try!"

Progress becomes impossible to the person who doesn't see any point in improving things.

Who am I talking about?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, that's who!

This is a religion of people who CAST A GIANT SHADOW over their own life and take away any reason for improving things.

Jehovah's Witnesses fold their hands when it comes to progress or charity or social programs or education. The reason? They snatch the light out of real life leaving only darkness.

Then, they peddle this dark view door to door and try to infect other people's lives with it.

Why?

THE GLOOM, DARKNESS AND DOOM they are peddling door to door effectively STOPS people from doing anything to improve their family, their city, their nation and their future. It is the product Jehovah's Witnesses push incessantly.

Why?

Think about it. All of their other prophesy has failed. The burden is on them to bring about a SELF-fulfilling prophecy by MAKING THE WORLD STOP getting better. They hide progress. They hide improvement. They deny goodness in others. In effect, they are COUNTERFEITING the fulfillment of their gloom and doom prophecy of End Times!

If this world is getting better, then, logically JW's are wrong. Consequently, no improvements can be tolerated or attempted!

In my lifetime there has been steady progress among the world population.

I grew up in a world where women couldn't own property, have credit in their name or make decisions affecting their own lives. It was a world where black drinking fountains, lunch counters and hotel rooms were separated from whites. Black people where barely considered human.

I grew up in a world where nuclear holocaust was an "any day now" proposition because of the cold war with the U.S.S.R.

I grew up in a world where almost everybody smoked constantly. Elevators, movie theatres, department stores, restaurants--in the car with the children!!

All the above things have changed FOR THE BETTER. Technology has improved life as well. Life expectancy has increased and replacement parts for failing organs can be obtained.

The discourse between races is such that, although a hard core of naysayers still exist, the MAJORITY of young people think racism is deplorable.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES would never praise humanity for any progress of this nature!

The last hundred years of proclamations and "education work" done by JW's has consisted of constant PREDICTION OF THE END OF THE WORLD and the complete destruction of non-members.

JW's have pulled out of the human race! The sealed themselves in their imaginary Ark a long time ago. The don't go to college or encourage their kids to get a higher education leading to financial security. They just sit in the darkness and hope for angels to murder their neighbors!

No celebrations of birth, thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, anniversaries are allowed because happiness is not for them!

Nothing that makes life worth living, celebrating or improving can be a part of their daily routines.

They are stifled by a droning darkness of incessant repetition. They can only hope the next false prophecy really is "new light" since the old light burnt out their lives a long long time ago.

The LIGHT is all around them, but, they don't see anything but shadows.

The shadow is them.

They are making it!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Terry - Good Post! I have thought about this many times even before stepping aside from the witnesses. Their mindset is as though they are alien life forms not of this world and not wanting to be part of it.

Quirky1

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Growing up, I felt like a damn alien. It just didn't seem normal to be a JW... then I finally woke up.

Good post, man! It's all true. They can't seem to appreciate anything worthwhile in their lives..

• changeling
    changeling

Good post Terry. I agree completely.

Changes for the better are all around us. But when you are raised to look for gloom and doom and to see the glass as half empty you go though life seeing only the negative.

changeling :)

• parlay
    parlay

I've brought these points to my moms attention. Her reaction is she's satisfied with her life.

I don't believe it and I don't think she does either but that's her JW defense mode kicking in.

We lived in a house in the 1970's that the owner offered to her for twenty thousand dollars.

She refused because she didn't need to own a home with armegeddon right around the corner.

Over 30 years later and she's still renting. Even though she admits she regrets not buying the house,

she's still satisfied with her life. Yeah right. The list of missed opportunities I've brought to her

attention goes on and on, yet the JW, "Im among the happiest people on the earth" mindset overrides

her commen sense, so she's satisfied. She has invested so much of her life, time and effort that she

feels a need to desperately cling to what she has, even if it's an illusion. It's sad.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

No celebrations of birth, thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, anniversaries are allowed because happiness is not for them!

Nothing that makes life worth living, celebrating or improving can be a part of their daily routines.

... and they look forward to this FOREVER ! ! ! ????

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Terry, this just might possibly be my favorite post of yours YET. Spot on, Man, and thanks for posting it so poignantly.

Don't forget the other reason they are obligated to go from house to house to infect others with this shadow... "MISERY LOVES COMPANY".

Cheers,
    Baba.

• besty
    besty

Great post Terry. Ironic that they get all the tax benefits of a charity for peddling this anti-charitable message.

Still JW's are walking proof that freedom of choice exists for most people - thankfully most people exercise that choice in a more productive way.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    They just sit in the darkness and hope for angels to murder their neighbors!....Terry

That's funny, yet sad and true...to think the "End of the World" will solve all your problems...to think I ate up that pig slop like it was a fine cut of steak is sad too...yup...you are spot on...jw's eat, breath and sleep doom and gloom. Hoping it will happen NOW...least they be short changed...I call that blood guilt...

• poppers
    poppers

As usual, Terry, your post cuts right to the bone. Well done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit