Old people and the internet

by Burger Time 50 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I just turned 51. I now have less than a year to be considered old. Does this mean I get the senior citizen discout at denny's?

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

It's not age, it's just unfamiliarity. A 25-year-old who had never seen a computer before wouldn't be able to do any better.

That being said, I urge everybody to familiarize themselves with the "Change text size" function in their browser, so they can enlarge the fonts for reading to Second Coming type if they need to, and still be able to post in itty bitty type for the young punks whippersnappers.

gently feral

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Internet? Fiddlesticks! Our fonts will be the least of your worries when 80% of your income goes to pay for us "old people's" Depends and applesauce! We want cable, too! Get back to work and kwitcher bellyachin'!

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

My mother used to do weird stuff to her emails, drove me crazy tying to read them.

Her mother, who got her first computer when she was 70, used a slightly larger font to make it easier
    to read.

My other grand mother still can't even turn on a computer.

Bobbi

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Well, I for one (nearly ancient as born in 1971...) find it fantastic that 'oldies' are on the internet - I still can't help smiling when I think of my 60+ Aunt-in-law (non-JW) googling Charles Taze Russell!!! Who would've believed it??? And others on here of a similar age who are having the courage to leave the org mainly thanks to the internet! Regardless of large type posts!!!!!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    My other grand mother still can't even turn on a computer.

Same with some of our new interns who started yesterday. They're being a major pain in my butt.

W

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Wait till you get here sonny!

Eyes get bad, hard of hearing, repeating things, repeating things, eyes get bad, oh, did I say repeating things???

Your a bad little boy today!

h4o

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

alt

Could you speak up?

Lost

A retired woman calls 911 on her cellphone to report that her car has been broken into. She is hysterical as she explains her situation to the dispatcher: "They've stolen the stereo, the steering wheel, the brake pedal and even the accelerator!" she cries.

The dispatcher replies reassuringly, "Don't worry, ma'am. An officer is on his way."

A few minutes later, the dispatched officer calls in. "Disregard." He says. "She got into the back seat by mistake."

Tee hee hee!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ecclesiastes 12:3 -5 In old age, your body no longer serves you so well.
    Muscles slacken, grip weakens, joints stiffen.
    The shades are pulled down on the world.
    You can't come and go at will. Things grind to a halt.
    The hum of the household fades away.
    You are wakened now by bird-song.
    Hikes to the mountains are a thing of the past.
    Even a stroll down the road has its terrors.
    Your hair turns apple-blossom white,
    Adorning a fragile and impotent matchstick body.
    Yes, you're well on your way to eternal rest,
    While your friends make plans for your funeral.

From my favorite: The Message Bible.

Sylvia

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius
    Does this mean I get the senior citizen discout at denny's?

dude if your still eating at dennys.................... your takeing your life in your hands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit