Old people and the internet

by Burger Time 50 Replies latest jw friends

• loosie
    loosie

Dinah is that what happens at 40,... eating 25 year old for breakfast? I'm just curious cause I am going be there soon. I tell my husband that if he gets a scooter I will put nitrous, and flame decals on it for him so he can chase me around the bed. lol

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Being the age that I am I had a chance to kind of grow up around computers and there fore didn't have to really re learn anything.

Perhaps this is the answer to your own question? Many ancient fifty year olds may not have had this opportunity and are part of a learning curve.

Be as patient with them as your parents were with you when you were a spotty teenager behaving like a prize arse. ;)

HS

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    it's good to be young!!!

I don't think that there is a single "oldie" on here that would not change places, that's for sure ...

But do not tar us all with the same brush..and anyway older ones have had to pick up piecemeal what you were properly taught at school and college , and we are still here ! that is an achievement (i would not have bothered if it were not for the dubs telling me how bad the Internet was , so I had to find out...

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Robdar - you are my hero of the day!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

• dinah
    dinah

Loosie,

I LOVE the way you think!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

As I used to tell my boss jokingly when he would say such things, "I'll never get old! I'll die first"....which lead to the paradox of, "well some teenagers think 25 is old". Also depending on the 40 year old I might enjoy being someone's supper for a night. ;)

• TD
    TD
    I think it is a matter of what people want to learn and what they dont' want to be bothered with.

That about sums it up. I tried to walk an aged uncle (85+) through a connection problem with his ISP one evening and it was a frustrating, wasted hour.

On the flip side of the coin there are plenty of other types of naivete.

For example, the sysadmin for a banking institution is having poor performance with distribued apps on a 32-cpu Itanium Windows mainframe. He asks for help on a public tech-support forum and this is one of the replies he gets:

"Windows suxx......U need Linux"

• loosie
    loosie
    He asks for help on a public tech-support forum and this is one of the replies he gets:

"Windows suxx......U need Linux"

LMAO how helpful

• mouthy
    mouthy

Loosie>

So come out of your room Mouthy.If I do that I would be on the street LOL

• loosie
    loosie

I guess you'll have to take up bingo then Mouthy. It keeps my dad off the streets. lol just joking I love my dad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit