Old people and the internet

by Burger Time 50 Replies latest jw friends

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Haha well perhaps I should rephrase that....anyone born before 70.

NOW you're asking for it!

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Sheesh Burger!!!!

I didn't think I was classified at being "OLD" yet. I was born before 1970, in fact I had a baby around then. You just ruined my Day.

Even though I am OLD, I do have computer skills. I even create websites for people for a living. Age is relative and being older sometimes means we have more wisdom and experience.

I don't think being older is a bad thing even if some of us don't know how to use our fonts properly.

Since I am a Older Woman I have just the remedy for your thoughts about Older People!!!! This is all in the spirit of teasing you.

alt

Velvetann

• dinah
    dinah

LOL!!!

I'm getting a mental picture of BT crying to his mama about those mean old women on JWD.

• ataloa
    ataloa

Yes oldER people have a harder time seeing small print. That's why a lot of us skip wordy posts or long paragraphs. Thanks for noticing.

And Velvetann, don't threaten him with a good time.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

ataloa!!!

LOL, never thought of it that way. Well at least this old lady would prove to be good at something.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Haha,hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for young cocky young internet users eh?

• Velvetann
    Velvetann
    hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn

Hah Burger!!! You didn't say Old woman's scorn at least. Thanks I think.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Even two of my kids must be old.

Guess what? I know how to spell and don't even have to use "spell check."

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Ha! You're confusing old age with something else.

I'm 56, and I see the same things in the hundreds of e-mails we get here at my newspaper each week, and it's got nothing to do with age.

Yeah, there are old people without computer skills. But there are a ton of younger people who do these really tacky e-mails with funny scripts and gee-gaws all over the place.

Also - 50s is not old. Your 50s are the new 30s, where the hell have you been!!

S4

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I must state that your post is quite insulting to those of us over the age of 52. My God, man, you don't start living till 40.

Youth is wasted on the young.

That said - tit for tat - I believe it is about computer literacy more than tagging a particular age group, race, or minority, with the incompetence tag.

Jeff [of the hope the font, color, and composition suits all age groups without offense class]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit