Most overrated movies

by keyser soze 63 Replies latest social entertainment

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I apologize in advance to those I may offend, but are some movies I've always thought were way overrated:

Apocalypse Now- A three-hour boat ride (four if you watch the director's cut) with occasional shooting. And what's the payoff? A shell-shocked, burnt-out, former war hero, who is better off not being found.

Citizen Kane- Seriously, who decided that this was the greatest film of all time? Did anyone with a pulse get a vote?

Casablanca- I know. It's the most romantic movie of all time, and a cherished classic. Blah, blah, blah. I can think of 5 better Bogart movies, just off the top of my head.

Titanic- Great visual effects, when we finally get to the boat sinking, 2 and a half hours, and one incredibly lame love story later.

Taxi Driver- I can't deny its impact. It made stars of DeNiro and Scorcese, and even influence an attempted presidential assasination. It just never did anything for me.

Anyway, those are mine. What are yours?

• Switch
    Switch

There was lots of hype when A.I. came out and I found it long and torturous to watch. Not at all what i was expecting.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No Country For Old Men

Crash

As Good As It Gets

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Gone Baby Gone

3:10 to Yuma

Million Dollar Baby

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Million Dollar Baby

I agree. One of the most undeserving oscar winners of all time.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Oh god...that's the other Target Sale DVD I bought, but haven't watched yet! LOL

• dinah
    dinah

Hmm, I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby. Hubby rented it but I fell asleep....so.....

Gone Baby Gone was good, watched it today.

I agree about Titanic, after all you know how its gonna end.

No Country for Old Men was another one I didn't watchly closely. I may try to watch it again.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Oh god...that's the other Target Sale DVD I bought, but haven't watched yet! LOL

Who knows, you might really like it...don't let my cynicism spoil your fun, lol. I just can't take Christian Bale no matter what he's in and I thought that Russell Crowe mailed his performance in.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I just can't take Christian Bale no matter what he's in and I thought that Russell Crowe mailed his performance in.

LMAO!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Michael Clayton
    Matrix

I agree with the others on :
    Titanic
    No Country For Old Men
    As Good as it Gets
    Citizen Cane - which I enjoyed, just don't think it is one of the best

Share this