Most overrated movies

by keyser soze 63 Replies latest social entertainment

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Oh, and about Taxi Driver and Apocalypse Now being overrated... you people are fucking insane, or either just don't like heavy topics that were brought up. I suppose you were the same ones that thought Crash was a good movie....

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Thin Red Line - When it came out it was sold as another "Saving Private Ryan". It was nothing of the sort, just a bunch of people whining about mortality, or some such nonsense.

The first Matrix movie was really good, but the next two were really bad. I think the Wojkowski(?) brothers got a bit full of themselves after the first one. I got tired of trying to decypher all the metaphors, and symbolism in the last two movies.

LOTR - Are the best movies ever. The scene in the Two Towers movie when Theoden recites part of the Poem of Rohan at Helm's Deep, that's good stuff. Oh, and when Elrond is trying to convince his daughter Arwen not give up what she has for the mortal Aragorn. Now I'm gonna have to watch the extended edition of the Two Towers on my next day off.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Loon! Me too!! Love LOTR!!! Maybe reading the books and being something of a dreamer helps.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I agree with your list Keyser and would add:

Harry Potter

Lord of the Rings (btw beksbks, I've read the books and I am more than a bit of a dreamer and I still think it sucked)

Something About Mary

Shakespeare in Love

The Piano

Pirates of the Carribean

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

MJ said
    There's Something About Mary --I don't think of myself as a stick in the mud, but this movie just didn't get a single laugh out of me. It just wasn't funny. Yet I had friends who acted like it was the funniest movie ever made....

Matrix--Not on my list! C'mon this movie was brilliant AND entertaining!

Doctor Zhivago-- I couldn't STAND this movie. Maybe because we HAD to watch it in high school. I swear I wanted to punch someone by the time it repeated that damn theme song for the 1,000th time!!!

YES, YES and YES. Everyone raved about Something About Mary - I was like, HELLO? How old are you people?
    The Matrix was absolutely brilliant.
    Dr Z - oh please shoot me now.

The Lord of the Rings was a big no-no for the witnesses here, and although I LOVE LOVE LOVE fantasy I have never watched them! Not even 5 minutes! But don't worry, that's going to be rectified soon.

Can't wait. :-)

• heathen
    heathen

I agree , what the hells wrong with people ? Apocalypse now was really good , I also liked taxi driver . deneiro movies are usually really good .Ok I agree pirates of the caribbean people went a little over board but still a cute series .People picked on LOR , you gotta be nuts , now just go back to your life of misgivings and stop trashing the real art already ....................

• 5go
    5go

I didn't say LOTR was bad. I said it wasn't as good as the fan boys said it was. POTC was based on a park ride, so the fact that is was decent heck sometimes good movie series is a miracle. Which makes LOTR look that much more over rated do to the fact LOTR was based on a master piece of literature, yet wasn't any better put together than pirates.

Deffiantly wasn't Oscar worthy IMO.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

WOW its definately true that people have wildly different tastes. some of the movies bashed here i would defend to the death as being master pieces........ but not worth the rant. instead ill give my pics for the sh****st movies ever........ btw nick cage dosent act............ he plays the same person and just exaggerates that character.

A.I. OMG that is the suckiest movie ever.......... awesome effects but you wanted to stick a gun barrel in your mouth at the end.......... WTF

I am Legend............... you got will smith......... you got millions in budget for special effects........... how can you F*** that up? Give me five minutes and i can write enough stuff to change the movie from s*** to oscar worthy. he needed his house to be more of a bunch of traps....... the zombies come here and this explodes, then the next level boom down drops the stair wells....... make them work for it. and in the end although there is plenty of room in the hidey hole...... he stays out ........ throw the damn grenade through the hole in the glass and take your chances.......... so i hear they have an alternate ending............. i downloaded it to watch it... it was no damn better. i wasted soooo much money seeing this in the theater....... wtf.

alien vs predator 1 .............. you have a pyramid........ under the ice......... HOW CAN YOU F*** that up? you have special effects and two top notch franchices........... aliens and predator......... both of them have books going past the movies............ loyal fans.......... major science fiction fans and followers.............. no character developement....... you almost care for a couple of them then they kill them off. at least the second was worth watching.

Pirates of the Caribean 3..................... no story......... stupid stupid stupid......... im just glad i didnt go see it in the theaters.....

Starwars 3.............. lucas is a god when it comes to special effects......... he needs someone else to write his dialog............. your in my soul tormenting me.............. whine bitch whine......... your supposed to be a bad asskicker not a biatch. i coulda talked to him for five minutes and made that totally cool movie from a character standpoint. as it was the special effects and love for the franchise made that movie work.

oh the list goes on......................

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I didn't say LOTR was bad. I said it wasn't as good as the fan boys said it was. POTC was based on a park ride, so the fact that is was decent heck sometimes good movie series is a miracle. Which makes LOTR look that much more over rated do to the fact LOTR was based on a master piece of literature, yet wasn't any better put together than pirates.

Deffiantly wasn't Oscar worthy IMO.

Definitely agree with you.

"Return of the King" was the most undeserving Best Picture since "The Sound of Music". As brutal as the film was, "Mystic River" should have won. Of the nominees, I liked "Seabiscuit" better, but "Mystic River" was outstanding and the better film.

Oh that reminds me, "Lost in Translation" is the most BORING movie I have ever tried to watch. Bleah!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I just had to speak up about Little Miss Sunshine... the point was that the strip tease dance by the girl was meant to mock the obviously sexual overtones of dressing up little girls to accentuate female sexuality, as everone else was doing. Nothing creeps me out more than those beauty contests.

Yeah I understand Daniel, I really do.

It's just that they made their point a little too good. You know?

I find little girls' beauty contests to be flat out nauseating and disgusting. 6 year old girls should not be wearing makeup, lipstick and dressed like they were 21 and by the pool. Talk about pedophile paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit