Q: What happens when you block my driveway?

by Elsewhere 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Question for elsewhere:

Would you have done the same thing if the car blocking your garage looked like this one? (minus the goofballs, of course)

OM

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Oh, man, I can't believe the people who are freaking out on this thread! You would have thought that Elsewhere popped this guy's tires or keyed his vehicle! ALL HE DID WAS PARK AT THE END OF HIS OWN DRIVEWAY! GET OVER IT, PEOPLE! He was even courteous enough to leave a note with an apartment at which this fool could find him! The ass who parked in HIS driveway didn't make it known where HE could be found! Shite, people, overreact much? (Elsewhere, good on you; I think this is just awesome, BTW.)

• TD
    TD

LOL, Open Mind

I think I would have opted to tow for something like that.... Especially if I owned a nice Mini like Elsewhere

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Naaa, I'd just have their ass towed at their expense.

I only do it to cars that the owner obviously cares about.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I use to know a guy who would do this sort of thing.

It was never an honest mistake, he was just grabbing the most convenient place to park. In his own words, "I'm only going to be a minute, and theres no one there!" Usually he got away with it, that's why he did it.

Once a woman parked in a space he paid for and all hell broke loose. He was jumping up and down, screaming at the woman to move her car. She calmly said "don't worry about it" and walked away. He was livid and called a tow truck but by the time it got there she had finished her errand and had gotten back in the car and drove away, him screaming at her the whole time.

I thought it was hilarious, he finally got a little of his own medicine.

• Open mind
    Open mind
    I only do it to cars that the owner obviously cares about.

Bingo.

Amen brother. Cautious as lawyers.....

When it's your own turf, you've got to weigh more carefully what you do.

I think you sized the guy up pretty well though.

Good on ya,

OM

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Oh, man, I can't believe the people who are freaking out on this thread! You would have thought that Elsewhere popped this guy's tires or keyed his vehicle! ALL HE DID WAS PARK AT THE END OF HIS OWN DRIVEWAY! GET OVER IT, PEOPLE! He was even courteous enough to leave a note with an apartment at which this fool could find him! The ass who parked in HIS driveway didn't make it known where HE could be found! Shite, people, overreact much? (Elsewhere, good on you; I think this is just awesome, BTW.)

Amen to that! Else could have had his car towed and then the guy would have been without a car for a while and with a nice ticket. I have some very inconsiderate people that live in my apartment complex...it really makes me steamin' when they act as if they are the only people in here. The gal that side swiped my car knew she had damaged my car...she had to have known because it looked as if she actually drove up onto my tires because some rubber from her tires were on my bumper along with her paint and tire marks on my rims...I left a note (in a nice way) asking her to own up to it. Needless to say, she didn't so I got the police involved. I think she just thought I wouldn't have been able to prove it. She thought wrong. Anyway, I have trouble dealing with inconsiderate people...most inconsiderate people will blow up at ya if you are the least inconsiderate to them. The guy will think before pulling into someone elses obvious parking space...such as in front of a garage.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Retaliation leads to confontation.

Retaliation implies a certain intent. I dont think you have a clue about elsewhere's intent.

Confrontation can get real bad real quick.

Ya so what? Confrontation from one degree to another is integral to sticking up for oneself.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Yes, I would get your pos out of the way. You would have no proof who did it.

"Look, it's people like you what cause unrest." -- John Cleese, Monty Python

I wouldn't have been as nice as Elsewhere. I'd have taken photos of the car and had it towed ASAP.

I've been to his apartment complex a few times and believe me, there is no way someone "accidently" parked there. There is visitor parking just about 20 feet from that spot.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

there is a guy who doesn't really park in front of my garage but just back enough to piss me off, I park both cars in my garage and he has too much shit in his so he has to park out in the street but likes to park in the firelane in front of my place so he can unload his shit, I left a note on his car, he stopped for a while but started back up again. He is the only one who does that in my complex he was yelling at the security saying that he's lived here for 10 years and has always parked his car there, ITS A FIRE LANE ASSHOLE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit