Q: What happens when you block my driveway?

by Elsewhere 60 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I was wondering what you have been up to.

Would have looked you up a couple weeks ago... ran to Dallas to pick up folks at the airport.

Jeff

• John Doe
    John Doe

Hypocrisy dude, you sound unstable.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

I've lived in places where you can get shot for doing stuf like that, and slashing tires. Obviously neither of you have faced an asshole down and he pulls out a gun. It cures sophomoric machismo REAL quick.

Be careful with that kinda attitude . . .

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    It cures sophomoric machismo REAL quick.

Sticking up for yourself is not sophomoric or machismo. True tho, you stick up for yourself, you better be ready to kick it up a knotch if need be.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

IP_SEC, blocking someone in retaliation for blocking you is not sticking up for yourself. It's retaliation for what might have been an honest mistake. Retaliation leads to confontation. Confrontation can get real bad real quick.

Been there done that, got my ass kicked by a guy half my size, learned from it.

Like I said, sophomoric machismo.

• maxwell
    maxwell

I don't own a car either, but I don't see how that could be an innocent or honest mistake. There's a big ol' obvious garage door there. If that's a mistake, that guy is too dumb to be driving a car. The same things goes for people who come to the city and park improperly or let their car stay too long. The signs are obvious. If somehow you're too dumb to know that a garage door probably has some use or to read sign in first grade English, someone needs to take your license and your car. It used to baffle me that people who are that dense could acquire a license, but then there's plenty of people who can't read English who get a driver's license. Perhaps it would have been better if he had just called to have the car towed, but I've tried that before in a situation here. The police came and the scofflaw came out just before the cop was about to ticket him so we could have it towed. Who knows how long it would have taken the tow truck to get there. I for one applaud his action.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Being civil and allowing for peoples mistakes is always the best policy.

• *summer*
    *summer*

I don't believe in the "an eye for an eye" policy.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

that was pretty funny and I loved the way you handled it. I would have loved to see a picture of both the car and the driver ...you could have promised to send him a copy of the pic..... Or maybe you can make copies and hang them on your garage.

lisa

• undercover
    undercover
    I don't see how that could be an innocent or honest mistake. There's a big ol' obvious garage door there. If that's a mistake, that guy is too dumb to be driving a car. The same things goes for people who come to the city and park improperly or let their car stay too long. The signs are obvious. If somehow you're too dumb to know that a garage door probably has some use or to read sign in first grade English, someone needs to take your license and your car.

Parking on the street, unless in an area that requires special permitting, is open to everyone, but parking in front of a garage door blocking it without knowing whose driveway you're using or whose garage you might be blocking isn't an innocent mistake. At best, it's an idiot who doesn't belong behind the wheel of a car. At worst, it's an asshole who doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself. In either case, the owner of the driveway and garage has every right to either block the trespassing vehicle or have it towed.

My only concern, had it been me, would be that if I parked an undersized car behind a bigger car like that, I might end up finding it pushed out in the middle of the road, one side pancaked in. I would have blocked him in, called a tow company and had the other car towed. It would be worth the bucks to sit watch as the other person came out to find his car gone. And I bet he would never block another garage in that neighborhood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit