Around what age do most Witnesses leave the organization?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My congregation had 85 members ten years ago. Today,there are only 46. The ones that left the organization were mostly between 18-25 years old.

I haven't seen many middle-aged or elderly leave. They put too much time and effort into the organization.......and where will they go ......the WTS is the only true organization!

Do you think as you get older it is harder to leave? What age group leave the organization the most?

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

From my experience watching young members of the congregation dart out over the years, it appears to be people in the 18-24 range. The Society wants to say that the problem is higher education, bad association, and reality television. The fact is that young people these days realize that they can think for themselves. They can (and do) communicate with people all over the world instantly. Their world is so much bigger than mine was when I was 18.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Do you think as you get older it is harder to leave? What age group leave the organization the most?

JWD is a testimony that people of any age can and do leave WTS.
    But the vast majority of teens leave one way or the other as they
    leave home (if they make it that far).

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I know I was 17....then my sister left when she was 16.....the other 3 siblings left between 20 to 25!!

Took me a while, but I got them all out!!

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I'd have to agree that usually it's the young people that get out as quickly as they can. I tried but caved under pressure when I was eighteen. I finally got out for good at 35. I think maybe it's like smoking, you have to try to quit more than once before you're successful...

brunn

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

25 is when the brain is fully developed. 17 - 25 is when people start to make their own way in life and understand their goals. It seems most JW kids leave during that time. It seems a few here have been leaving 35-45. I think that is when you start to evaluate your life as you start realising you are getting old and wonder if you made the correct life choices.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    It seems a few here have been leaving 35-45. I think that is when you start to evaluate your life as you start realising you are getting old and wonder if you made the correct life choices.

Yep that's me.

• Casper
    Casper

I was 42 when I left, (taking my 2 girls with me).

I do know that quite alot of the younger ones, in my hall, have left over the years...

Several of the prominent families had all of their children call it quits as soon as they found a job, some moving in together to share expenses.

Cas

• yknot
    yknot

The ones I know left in their 30's.

Most of us are born between 1966-73.

• mind my own
    mind my own

I think the younger ones leave. It's harder for the older ones to leave, especially if they are married to witnesses with children. I left when I was 19 or so and my brother left when he was around 17. One more brother to go...

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit