Why do we get stumbled out of JW's because of imperfect people?

by reniaa 78 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

I see this a lot on this forum, loads of people saying they left JW's because of "hypocritical ....... ( put elder, pioneer, couple, sister, brother, governing body) here.

But?

Why would you expect any man-run organisation if you believe the bible, to have to be perfect and not be full of imperfect people that will come across as hypocritical?

The bible examples from israelites onwards name anyone :- Moses, King david, pharasees, Paul the one thing the bible doesn't do is white-wash them it shows that however much we follow the laws we are always fighting our own imperfection usually failing every time and needing to be corrected sometimes punished (moses had to give-up chance of seeing the foretold land), so why do we hold this against JW's as a reasons not to be a JW's anymore?

This is one of the main reasons I find flawed for people to leave JW's on this forum especially if you have read the bible extensively.

• blondie
    blondie

But didn't God separate the Christians from the Jewish system because of their imperfections. Jesus even prophesied that the Jewish system would end because of their imperfections.

You are assuming up front that God has chosen jws over any other group. Perhaps you could present the scriptural proof that jws were teaching true doctrine in 1919 when they said they were chosen.

• carla
    carla

It appears to me you have not researched what jw's have taught and all the false prophecies. Personally I don't know how anyone could read the bible and come to any of the same conclusions as the jw's do. Has anyone ever become a jw by reading the bible alone? no, it would be impossible. They do not allow any Bereans within their group and that alone is unbiblical. They don't even allow reading the bible without their 'bible aids'. How ungodly is that? How arrogant to believe that the Holy Spirit cannot do His job that was promised (to teach us). It appears the fds has fired the Holy Spirit and put themselves in His place. Early Christians did allow for differences on non salvation issues, they were not shunned and thrown away like jw's do today. In my mind they are no different than Jim Jones, David Koresh and many other 'bible based cults'. They certainly are as deadly.

Have you ever read any non jw relgious orientated writing? early church fathers? even early jw writing? a non jw bible?

• oompa
    oompa

Reniaa, can you please give a Biblical example of any of Gods people in the Bible teaching a falsehood, and then change that falsehood to a truth? I think we can all put up with impperfection, but that does not allow for claiming to teach things God has actually directed to to teach that are just not true. Apparently God was able to give truths to imperfect men, and let them write them down and pass them on............now..........not so much....................oompa

and I dont think most here get "stumbled" by the people....it is more incorrect teachings....we love most of the poor imperfect dubs

• Honesty
    Honesty

I left because I started reading my Bible without Watchtower Society publications after I found out about the FDS and the UN.

I really like the JW's.

Even the ones that tell my Christian friends that I am just an evil apostate.

• Robert7
    Robert7

For me it wasn't the imperfect people that stumbled me. I agree with you that people will make mistakes and I always overlooked that.

What I had a problem with is things like virtual worship of the WTS. Not being allowed to question the FDS. Shunning. Changed doctrine, and how you MUST believe current light. No outside research, etc, etc....

It was the WTS that failed me....

• reniaa
    reniaa

I'm talking about people on here who say they left because of imperfect hypocritical actions of others not the teachings which is a different issue, but on that there are biblical examples and real life ones too, because what are the appocrapha if not false teachings of others trying to add onto the bible? from both OT and NT you get appocrapha.

But in the bible itself though refered to the oral laws that the jewish people had adopted which where words of men over and above Gods laws lol can't remember the scripture.

then there's the kings that ruled the israelites that from references of high places having to be destroyed showing the ruling kings had started adding ways of the nations to the israelites inc human sacrifice.

I've read the bible in many different versions and one thing i find clear is it does predict the time of the end etc it does predict "signs" etc that will happen, on just this alone my search of christian religions that actually teach this gets very narrow most saying we goto heaven and thats it end of.

Back to the imperfection issue, I just don't see after reading all the bible examples in there with the exception of Jesus we should then expect any religion's people to be perfect and not be prone to all the uglier human failings?

• Honesty
    Honesty

People who leave the cult because of the hypocritical actions of others realise that there is NO Love in the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I saw it for years and still stayed because I just put it down to human imperfection.

Little did I realise that most of the hypocrites enjoy the way they act topwards others.

I still love them and wish they would come to know Jesus because only He can change them.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I see this a lot on this forum, loads of people saying they left JW's because of "hypocritical ....... ( put elder, pioneer, couple, sister, brother, governing body) here.

But?

Why would you expect any man-run organisation if you believe the bible, to have to be perfect and not be full of imperfect people that will come across as hypocritical?

The bible examples from israelites onwards name anyone :- Moses, King david, pharasees, Paul the one thing the bible doesn't do is white-wash them it shows that however much we follow the laws we are always fighting our own imperfection usually failing every time and needing to be corrected sometimes punished (moses had to give-up chance of seeing the foretold land), so why do we hold this against JW's as a reasons not to be a JW's anymore?

This is one of the main reasons I find flawed for people to leave JW's on this forum especially if you have read the bible extensively.

Reneeia, It isn't the making of mistakes that is at issue here. It is the Wt's claim that they alone are God's channel of communication to man. With this high claim their teachings should all be open to and able to stand up to the most critical of questioning- which they can not. In defense the WT slaps negative names on those who question them and tear apart families. They have created several dangerous doctrines that have cost many their lives- again sanctioning any who conscienciously disagree with that particular doctrine. They quite boldly denounce other religions (and deny them as Christian) when they themselves have those same exact problems.

Their premise of being God's channel of communication is simply by taking a few illustrations out of the larger context in which they are written.

There laudry list of why they alone have the truth consits of 10 or so doctrines that they claim to have right- but are simply dependent on one's theological perspective...and their claim to be the only ones preaching the 'good news.' Again, it as been shown quite extensively on this discussion group that #1 the JW do not preach the Gospel that Paul spoke of...and #2 door to door is not mandated/precedented or even alluded to any way in Scripture as a method to preach. It isn't condemned- the "how" we are to share the Gospel is simply undefined.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

It's one thing that Brother A is a little headstrong.

It could even be argued that we should forgive pedophile actions of
    Brother B.

But it is not isolated. I found out it was in the whole
    damn organization.

That's bad. What's worse is this--you then find out that it
    isn't even the truth, and that they have been hiding things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit