Elders Asking For Your Number

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Today I saw 2 elders at my mother's , waiting outside, "worrying" that something might've happened to her because she didn't answer her door. (I had just brought her back from her doctor's appt.)

When they saw me, one immediately said, we want your number to call you in case we need to get in touch with you. I said, "Nooooo. I'm not giving you my number." The response was that in case something happened to my mom or an emergency arose, they'd like to be able to get to me so I gave them my work number which they had before. They very small talked for an additional 5 minutes. I shook hands with them, asked how certain family members were and they left.

What pissed me off was that they came unannounced and created a stir in the building my mom lives in with the neighbors, asking around as to if they knew where she could possibly be.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I said, "Nooooo. I'm not giving you my number

Good for you, they just want to keep tabs on people. I'm sure you talk to your

mom more than they do anyway.

Cheers

hope4others

• minimus
    minimus

One elder in particular is a spiritual snob. Never cared for him but he was the darling of the congregation, being a Bethelite and Gileadite.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

777-9311 In the event you don't know what that number is, it's an old Prince song. I always give that to people I don't want to have my number.

nj

• easyreader1970
    easyreader1970

I try not to hold it against the elders for just following instructions. They've become automatons mostly. They are sometimes even emotionally stressed. They're like the pitchers or quarterbacks. If something goes wrong, all of the blame is put on them. In reality, though, it's the WTBS that is giving them their directives. The elders, some of them anyway, really feel that they are involved in saving lives. Granted, you do have some elders that are on power trips. I just ignore them completely.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

867-5309

• Open mind
    Open mind

For any lurking elders wishing to contact Minimus, his number is 867-5309.

Sorry Min.

It's for your Mom's benefit.

OM

• Open mind
    Open mind

DAMN!

Momz beat me to it!

• Priest73
    Priest73

Tell them to dial 911 if something happens to your mother. (or what every applicable emergency number for your area)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Sorry, great minds huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit