Meeting schedule rearranged...WHY?

by sir82 51 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

1) hard to find locations in private homes or schedule them at the KH when 2 or more congregations share one building.

2) hard to find "qualiified" conductors, MS (readers), etc. In this area there are fairly enough elders but only 1 or 2 MS per congregation.

3) and as sir82 said, smaller book studies can be a platform for the conductor's private interpretations

Blondie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

1) hard to find locations in private homes or schedule them at the KH when 2 or more congregations share one building.

2) hard to find "qualiified" conductors, MS (readers), etc. In this area there are fairly enough elders but only 1 or 2 MS per congregation.

3) and as sir82 said, smaller book studies can be a platform for the conductor's private interpretations

Blondie

You know, I love wild speculations. Blondie, you take all the fun out of it with simple, logical explanations.
    Not enough conductors and readers, not enough homes, not enough free time at the hall.
    More control over how the meeting is covered.

Ignore Blondie's post and go back to the WILD speculations. More fun.

• VM44
    VM44

Listening to Wild Speculations is FUN! Perhaps the only fun some JWs get to look forward hearing each week at the Book Study conducted in homes.

Watch Tower says....No Fun allowed! Have to have all meetings now at the Kingdom Hall to keep everything that is said conforming to the "official WT version"!

• DT
    DT
    hard to find locations in private homes

I think this could be a big factor in the foreign language groups. I used to go to a Spanish congregation and most of the publishers had small apartments. I went to one book study that was held in a dark, damp, unfinished basement. We had to arrange the chairs around the water heater, furnace, etc. The stairs were treacherous and could have caused liability concerns.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well, let's see. With one "Mega-Meeting" they can cram the halls with 5 congregations instead of 4. It makes it easier to switch when the CO comes.

I agree with the idea that it allows more centralized control....when I was a doubting MS, I could slyly work subversive commentary into the bookstudies. That'll be harder now.

Besides, the bookstudies are the most poorly attended meeting of the week. Now they can boost the average attendance.

I think it's a slick move that makes everyone happier.

• watson
    watson

The GB is probably frustrated that many are fading away in their meeting attendance. Behind closed doors, I can hear them say: "look, we've laid the truth out for all to see, we don't need to hold their hands anymore. SInce they aren't coming to the BS, then we'll drop it. It's up to them now." I think they are feeling angry that they can't control like they used to.

• besty
    besty

With such dumbed-down literature it would be ripe for Brother CBS Conductor 40 years in the truth to bring in some additional research...oops.

• Sirona
    Sirona

They want to appear more mainstream!

The internet has hammered them in ways they couldn't imagine so they're trying to act like just any other church and not appear too demanding.

Plus, less meetings = more time to sell magazines and recruit.

Sirona

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Nevermind.

Saw my inquiry was answered in another post.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ok, Sir82 (whom I consider a very reliable source from his track record here) has confirmed for us that something, something "highly priveleged" will be announced on Sun 4/27 after the WT. Speculation is leaning toward this new streamlined triple meeting arrangement- that is where it is speculatory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit