Meeting schedule rearranged...WHY?

by sir82 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

So, IF the rumours are correct and the number of times the brothers meet per week is IN FACT being reduced - THEN as far as the scripture about 'meeting all the MORE SO' as you behold the day drawing near' is concerned, the Society is now openly flaunting that admonition! They're meeting ALL THE LESS as the end nears. Good one.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I got it!

Book Study Night will become ProCreation Night!

With so many leaving the bOrg, the only way the WTS can hang on and increase membership is to encourage JWs to have more children - more potential lil' dubbers and dubettes. As it stands right now, what with all the meetings and whatnot, mom and dad are too tired and busy to do the deed.

Now, they will have an extra night to 'git 'er done!'

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think they are bracing everyone for constant changes as they try to figure out how
    to get some positive cashflow .

Amen - follow the money. They are mainstreaming the religion, even if they won't officially admit it, even to themselves. They've still got the "no blood" albatross around their neck though, but sufficient advances in medicine could make it a non-issue in the near future. Joe Rutherford is rolling in his grave over how uncontroversial and non-confrontational his baby is becoming.

• Poztate
    Poztate

When I was a child (long ago) I remember a field service arrangement in the evening before the B.S. One of the reasons given was that we would be able to contact persons who worked during the day. If they combine the three meetings into one night that leaves a night free. I don't think they like to see the "flock" with free time so maybe this is the start of a push to evening FS. again.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Speaking of liability claims ... i've always been curious as to how insurance companies would respond/react if they found out that JW pioneers were using their personal vehicles to transport so many around on such a regular basis. It seems more like business use than personal use to me. Not that they wouldn't find some way around paying the fees appropriate to the risk, but ya know. ... okay, back on topic. I think the dubs will say it's for the same reason that they give for reducing hourly requirements for pioneering ... we have favoured adding no further burden to you and jesus yoke is kindly and load is light. I've spent the past 8-10 years thinking 3 times a week is too much and leads to burnout. Guess Jehovah finally sees it my way. ;)

• M.J.
    M.J.

LOL @ bizzy. I'm all for that one, but I might pull an Onan.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

LOL - yay! more people in missionary positions!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

THE END IS NEAR SHEEPLE!! PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN AND GO BACK TO SLEEP!! NOTHING MORE TO SEE HERE

alt

• Pwned
    Pwned

I would have loved this when i was a kid because all the cool kids attended a different BS, since my dad is an elder we had ours at my house, boring.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

No more cake and cookies and milk and cofffee and tea and juice and "DRINKS" after the book study.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit