Meeting schedule rearranged...WHY?

by sir82 51 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

I don't know if any of the following were mentioned, but if it's true, it is most likely due to ALL of the following:

1. A decrease in attendance at the TMS and BS...

2. A lack of "qualified" folks (i.e., literate, above age 7, and willing to do it - teach - their way) to do the TMS parts...

3. A lack of homes in which to meet. It was my experience that unless you were a single, gay elder (who has a very chic home and wants all to know it), most Dubs only want to have the BS in their homes for a period of time, but not "forever." "Sisters" who are married and/or have children are tired by the end of the day and don't want to have to clean up to get ready for... or pick up after... folks who don't pick up after themselves or respect the request take off shoes before entering, or use the downstairs bathroom only; single "sisters" are busy and the one "eligible bachelor brother" goes to a different BS anyway; married "brothers," well, refer to comment about married "sisters"; and single straight "brothers" usually aren't very good housekeepers.

4. An "outcry" about all of the night meetings from (1) families with children who have to go to school the next day; (2) elderly folks who can't see well at night (and so, need a ride); (3) anyone who has to attend BS in an... ummmm... "unsavory" neighborhood (all of the other meetings are at the KH, where there's a modicum of "security").

All of these were issues when I was still in and I can't imagine they've gotten any better. But, it's all speculation at this point.

Again, peace to all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• lrkr
    lrkr

If lack of qualified men was the issue- they would quit doing everything. No more assemblies, no more public talks, no more "shepherding" etc, etc.

Sorry guys, they don't really care about financial issues- so I don't think thats it either.

Plain and simple- control the message. Less individuality. More control. 30 minute public talks with outlines that take 30 minutes just to read them. No original CO talks (all scripted now.). Specific instructions in the WT regarding which scriptures to read. More manuscripts at assemblies. Control, control, control.

Although I have not heard any stories of apostates highjacking book studies, I bet they're scared of that possibility.

(Oh that and the service meeting is boring as he11 so it could use shortning.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit