How the new "generation" study went down in the meeting today

by slimboyfat 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway
    You don't shame yourselves, you shame the human race. Noone is as low as you.

Let me guess, "Spin" ol buddy,you just got done reading: "How to make friends in Ten Easy Steps" ? Anyhoo, I think you need a chill pill ! And as for spelling....it's NO ONE (two words), not NOONE.

• james_woods
    james_woods

++ BreakingAway. ++ that.

Also, shouldn't "yourselves" be in the singular?

Amazing what this Bozo of internet manners has been able to accomplish in only seven posts.

I wonder how many more he will be allowed here?

• Terry
    Terry

Few active JW's understand the actual theology.

They grasp broad strokes and few details.

It is enough there is no hell and no Trinity.

It is enough they aren't passing the plate at the meetings.

It is enough they are in an "ARK" of salvation.

The devil is in the details.

For example, you know how to make a phone call, but, can you really explain how punching buttons on your cellphone is able contact another person across town? It isn't important to you. You just "know" it works and ignore the technology.

Same with the "deep things of God". It is enough to "know" the Governing Body understands and that it is written down in some publication somewhere.

Keep this one fact in mind about Jehovah's Witnesses. They exist in three parts throughout their history.

1. Honest bible students attracted to the gimmicks of Russell (charts, graphs, chronologies, pyramid inches, etc.) expected the End of the World to come and they wanted to know more.

2.Contrarian hard heads under Rutherford wanted to prove everybody was wrong about everything except themselves. If Christendom said "white" they would insist it was "black." Holier than thou was the name of the game. Proving you were right and righteous consisted of provoking demonstrations by refusing blood, going to prison, refusing to celebrate this and that.

3.Professional ministers under Knorr performed an education work consisting of explaining the deepest details of scripture by persuasion and indoctrination door to door. They were clean cut, honest, hard working and able to win every religious argument by flipping the onion skin pages of their green bibles.

THEN the1975 debacle turned their squeeky clean image into cult brainwashing crackpottery. Everybody was stunned quietly into silence.

The governing body regrouped. Splits, cracks and rebellions were fomenting underground....even at Bethel!

There was a schizm. The winners were the harliners who performed a slow-motion INQUISITION to shut apostates up and kick them out as fast as they could.

The crackdown rivalled what happened when Stalin got rid of Lenin and the purge got deadlier and deadlier. The only people who remained kept their doubts to themselves and their mouths shut.

Brothers and sisters started living double lives. They got their best acting faces on at the Kingdom Hall and cut loose privately.

Three generations (from 1975 onward) of JW kids were reared by despot parents who drove them nuts and pushed them (unwittingly) out of the "Truth" by squeezing the fun out of life.

Other parents, who were in silent despair, faded or acted out along with their kids. Thus, in a latter day Seppuku--tens of thousands of once faithful JW's committed ritual suicide by getting themselves disfellowshipped.

Today, at your local Kingdom Hall you don't have curious human beings with live and rational functioning brains. You have trained monkeys who put on a show of acting as though they are learning. It is just a performance, I assure you.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

++ BreakingAway. ++ that.

Also, shouldn't "yourselves" be in the singular?

Amazing what this Bozo of internet manners has been able to accomplish in only seven posts.

I wonder how many more he will be allowed here?

Yes, according to the context in which it was used, it seems "yourself" would be correct...but I think he's had all the instruction he can handle for one day.To tell you the truth.....I think he's just really stoked they had his name "Spin" in stock here.That kind of excitement does crazy things to people.Clean up in aisle seven....

• Quentin
    Quentin

Spin...another drive by jw...you still in goodstanding Spin?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I obviously made another friend.

• willyloman
    willyloman

In late 1995, I was conducting the WT study when the famous "generation" change (the first one) was made. I prepared more than usual for the study, anticipating a lot of discussion among the "friends" since this was major New Light. It went in one ear, as someone else above has said, and out the other. I couldn't even drag the congo into a conversation, and I had the microphone!

We shared the KH with another congo, which met later in the day. I came back and sat in on that WT study, too, thinking maybe the other congo - which had several known "serious students" in it - would have a more spirited discussion. Didn't happen.

So, while I have no idea how the "new generation study went down in the meeting today," I think I can guess.

• Quentin
    Quentin
    I obviously made another friend...SLB...

I'm happy for ya Slim...always good to have friends...

Very interesting topic...I wasen't around for the "new light"...being silly like I am, think about this. A generation is 80 years. 80 + 1914 = 1994....somebody on the GB woke up in '94 and said HEY! we gotta do something about this generation thing, eh? So, they put the light on it and found it to be new light. Now 14 years later, oh! there's that number 14 again, light got brighter, so another change?

wt keeps going like this their gonna run out of battries and bulbs...no more light, only drakness...Their light wouldn't blind a flea....except for people that have brains the size of one...

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty
    Today, at your local Kingdom Hall you don't have curious human beings with live and rational functioning brains. You have trained monkeys who put on a show of acting as though they are learning. It is just a performance, I assure you.

The truth of the matter, nice one Terry

• james_woods
    james_woods

One issue that I have always debated (and related to this subject) is "how long is an actual generation according to standards of language?" I say it averages out to about 30 years for most Americans - maybe less for third world countries.

I contend that it really means about the time of human life from birth to the age of childbearing, not the total life of the oldest of the old. In other words -

I was born in 1949. This was my generation - they call it "baby boomers" . Call it the first generation.

If I had had kids, I would have probably done so at about 28 to 30 years - say in 1980 at the latest. That would have been a second generation. Forgot what they call that generation, but it had a name too - "gen X" or something...

Now that second generation are having their kids - I.E. a third generation.

By these terms, to say that a generation is 70 or 80 years is a wild stretch of the imagination - unless you are Tony Randall, maybe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit