I am going to my first meeting at a Kingdom Hall today......

by imissmaine 50 Replies latest jw friends

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

Sadly, I'm sure she is probably schizophrenic due to her years as a dub.

• moshe
    moshe

I agree on the thought to find a new girlfriend. Since her family is still in the pull will be very strong to go back- especially, if she has any kids in the future. The JW's will make you into a scumbag, dude. Just speak your mind everytime you find something you don't agree with at the KH and your problems will be solved anyway. Good Luck.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

So it was a real eye opener for you today, it really is just like you have read here. It's great you two have each other,

you will be a big support for her. If it has been a year since she went, how did her family suck her into going today? (searchingforfriends )

hope4others

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

I will soon be formally introducing IMM to my parents. We both feel very strongly about the WTS, however IMM had never been to a meeting before yesterday. I decided to go one last time so he could see what it's like and now when confronted by my parents as to whether he's ever even been he can at least say he has and that it was a load of garbage. I do feel that him having this experiance will help prepare him for dealing with my parents.

We've tried out a couple of churches and it was actually harder for me to step into a KH than my first church was. I was actually surprised by the feelings I had going there. We went to a congo where I didn't know anyone, so there was no added pressure there.

I'm just glad that it's over and I NEVER wanna do that again!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I sure hope you do the homework on this and other apostate sites before deciding to believe the lies you are going to be exposed to. And resist the temptation and the houndings to accept a regular study--under the threat that you will not go back at all if they won't leave it at that.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Some of my favorite lines to come out of today's meeting:

• "Outright Demon Attack!"
    • "Worldly Counselors"
    • "Don't rely on resources of the world"
    • "We will become spiritually dull if we don't rely on our own."
    • "Jehovah's only visual organization"

One of the songs said something about licking dust. Sounds yummy!

This is such a funny post, and the above lines are hilarious. I have not been for a couple of years and the above bring back memories. It is amusing to see a 'worldly person' pick up on so much of the loaded language.

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

WTWizard,

Perhaps you have not read the entire series of posts in this topic. I can assure you that studying to become a JW is not an option for me. There is nothing they can say or do those would ever give me one inkling of desire to become a JW. I would never even consider using the word "temptation" in regards to anything they say or do. There is absolutely nothing tempting about their message.

I am appalled by the way they treat those who do not share their same beliefs, especially ones who have left the organization.

I find their arrogance of being in the "truth" rather absurd and pretentious.

I think that every mother and father who let their children die due to medical restrictions based on religion should be charged with manslaughter and sent to jail.

I will never belong to an organization that pretects those that do not deserve to be protected.

I will not belong to any organization that considers women inferior to men.

.....and SO many more!

• uninformed
    uninformed

I think the KEY to leaving and STAYING out is to really understand what the REAL issues are, not the personal ones for leaving.

Seems to me that our two folks have pretty well got it figured out. Just NEVER weaken. It is an insidious situation.

This discussion board is invaluable in providing the FACTS about the WT.

A little note to the poster who wrote this: This is why it annoys me when posters respond to questions with a reflex response like "forget it and move on". I understand people have been burned badly, but every situation is different.

All the best you two.

Why in the hell are you "ANNOYED". This is a "discussion" board, not a psychiatrist's office. I had no idea that every situation was different!!! What a profound observation. What annoys me is jerks that come here annoyed. Brant

• Quandry
    Quandry

I decided to go one last time so he could see what it's like and now when confronted by my parents as to whether he's ever even been he can at least say he has and that it was a load of garbage. I do feel that him having this experiance will help prepare him for dealing with my parents.

Well, let's just say that this will not be a good start off with potential in-laws. How about respect for others and manners? The same sentence can be said many different ways. And if your aim is to get along with family, then the way something is worded is very important. Let me say that if I was still "in" and my daughter brought a young man home and he said something about the meetings being garbage, I'd have thought he was a young "know it all $^&%."

Besides, if your aim is to help others (especially family) OUT of the WTS, patience, love and kindness will go alot farther.

By the way, welcome to both of you.

• penny2
    penny2

Welcome IMM and SFF. Thanks for posting your thoughts IMM - it's interesting to read the impressions of someone who has never been a JW. Oh to be ignorant!!

penny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit