I am going to my first meeting at a Kingdom Hall today......

by imissmaine 50 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    What my girlfriend failed to tell me until last night was that this "meeting" will be 2 HOURS LONG

Don't let her talk you into going to an assembly.

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

I am sure your GF didn't do it on purpose, she prolly just assumed that you knew.....

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Sleeping while sitting up is a learned skill, the process of acquiring this can be quite tourturous.

True enough. But then, so can being awake during the WT study. I guess it's a matter of choosing which method of torture you prefer.

• uninformed
    uninformed

My advice:

Don't go.

Find a new girlfriend.

Brant

• wings
    wings
    I guess it's a matter of choosing which method of torture you prefer.

So true. I just got a warm happy feeling.....I don't have to go to meetings anymore!!!!! It doesn't get much better than that.

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

I have the best girlfriend in the whole world. She is in the process of fading and I will love her and support her through these difficult times. She was raised as a witness and unfortunately did not have a choice. I have no fears of her changing her mind and going back. I am doing this by choice just to have a better understanding of her family. This is also the 1st time she has gone in over a year as well. So, it is also hard for her. :(

• oompa
    oompa

Whew!! great news on your GF....so don't get her preggo now!..............oompa

• uninformed
    uninformed

IM:

I have the best girlfriend in the whole world. She is in the process of fading and I will love her and support her through these difficult times. She was raised as a witness and unfortunately did not have a choice. I have no fears of her changing her mind and going back. I am doing this by choice just to have a better understanding of her family. This is also the 1st time she has gone in over a year as well. So, it is also hard for her. :(

I was somewhat "tongue in cheek".

Just be careful.

Brant

• mouthy
    mouthy

Find a new girlfriend.

Brant That would be my advice also. I am dealing with a case this last two weeks of a married woman with two kids 9 yrs old & 6 yrs old. She met her hubby after he had been raised as a JW.... He left when he was 19yrs old.Not baptised. Promised her he would never go back. NOW!!! six months ago he is returning & taking the little girl ( the boy has had 4 transfusions as he is a hemopheliac( sp?)
    His returning is causing much pain in the family & arguments. He has advised the children they will not have any more Christmas only about two days before Christmas or two days after.... It looks like another marriage is toppling, One thing she said is he never brought her flowers & was very lazy....NOW!!!! after attending the meetings he is trying to work around the house & brought her flowers, I explained "YES MOTHER teaches those things,,,, it is the worm on the end of the fishing pole..".. So my friend think very hard before you take on a life with this girlfriend.

Mouthy/Granny

• wings
    wings
    I am doing this by choice just to have a better understanding of her family

I think well of you for this. It will give you insight, and if you stay with her (and her with you), you are going to need much more insight than this meeting is going to give you. Glad you found this site. Feel free to use it as time goes on.

BTW, Welcome!

wings (you will understand the need for caffeine comment later)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit