I am going to my first meeting at a Kingdom Hall today......

by imissmaine 50 Replies latest jw friends

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

.....and my last! I decided to take in my first meeting today in an effort to better understand my girlfriend's family. To be honest, I am not looking forward to this at all. I know most all the people I am going to meet are nice and mean well. I just can't help but be disgusted by how JW's treat any who do not share their views. I will post about my experience later today! I hope everyone has a great day!

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I can hear the love-bombing clear in Ohio.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hello IMM,

You might be love-bombed because people there might see you as a potential convert, and so few visitors come their way.

I'm sure this experience will Witness-proof you for life. I look forward to hearing your impressions. (I grew up a JW.)

• wings
    wings

Make sure you drink enough caffeine before going.

• searchingforfriends
    searchingforfriends

Have fun, I think you should make it more interesting by giggleing and rolling your eyes at all of the wonderful new information that you receive. Look forward to reading you comments later.

SFF

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Make sure you drink enough caffeine before going.

Why? That will only keep him awake.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

C'mere and let me wash yer brain before you go!

Quirky1

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

What my girlfriend failed to tell me until last night was that this "meeting" will be 2 HOURS LONG! I think she withheld that information on purpose....

• oompa
    oompa

She is not even paying attentiont to the clock....it has been shortened to an hour and a half...........oompa....good luck

maybe just go ahead and get her preggo

• wings
    wings
    Why? That will only keep him awake.

Sleeping while sitting up is a learned skill, the process of acquiring this can be quite tourturous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit