Athiest what do you believe?

by real one 108 Replies latest jw friends

• JoyNichols
    JoyNichols

I believe I'll have some chocolate-toffee popcorn.

• dinah
    dinah

I believe I'll have another beer.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Amen Sister Dinah.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Realone.....No way in hell are you an open minded person. You are on a very narrow minded path in life. You continue to preach your narrow minded concepts based on a man, jesus, who has no historical evidence other than the bible and those who write about him based on the bible.

Hey, many of us here no longer believe the myths of that book and therefore you cannot convince us of any other logical explanation for this subject. The founding fathers of the catholic church chose the books that they wanted in the Nt canon.

Realone, at times you do come off as having quite a bit of intelligence, but you are not very convincing in your arguments.

NMG

• changeling
    changeling

Hope does not have to be limited to the goodies a "god" will hand out if we are good little boys and girls.

I do not believe in the concept of god. I believe that concept (and the concept of worshiping one's god) is man made. Ancient man did not understand what made the wind blow or why there were shinny round things in the sky, and so many other things, so he invented gods to explain natural phenomena.

I am for the most part a happy, joyous, hopeful person. I have hope that tomorow the sun will rise and I will have yet another chance to learn something new and to feel joy in my heart and perhaps inspire someone else to feel the same.

I have hope that human concsiousness is evolving so that generations from now man will see the futility and silliness of war.

I live in awe of the earth and the people on it.

I don't need imaginary friends to fell happy and hopeful.

changeling :)

• inkling
    inkling
    it wouldn't make that true. It would make me delusional.

Amen.

i have a very open mind, do you?

Yes, but not so open that my brain falls out.

[inkling]

• Galileo
    Galileo
    The Bible is true there is nothing new under the sun.

You're absolutely right (I respond by typing on my iphone connected wirelessly to the internet from a bar, while at the same time watching television broadcast from a satellite orbiting the Earth. In a few minutes I will drive home in a machine travelling at 70mph). Life is truly exactly the same as when those words were written.

• real one
    real one

nomoreguilt says:

Realone.....No way in hell are you an open minded person. You are on a very narrow minded path in life. You continue to preach your narrow minded concepts based on a man, jesus, who has no historical evidence other than the bible and those who write about him based on the bible.

Jesus Christ is real and walked this earth many years ago as a man. If he were not real people would not have written about him. My mind is not narrow if I can believe in God. There are too many ideas that go with this. Jesus was fully human and is fully devine.

• real one
    real one

however I also cannot disprove the existence of the tooth fairy or santa claus. I am quite certain that neither of these examples exist due to a complete lack of any evidence and on that basis I am as certain that god does not exist either

everyone knows that these dont exist Caedes. dont worry they are make believe didnt your folks tell you that? I have evidence in my life that God exist and whoever dosent believe they are under a curse according to the Bible. each to his own

Real one, as I have stated to you before (with no real response on your part I might add) if you are right, then your god made me an atheist and who are YOU to question HIS wisdom.

I dont question God's wisdom if as you say he made you an atheist then thats your belief. The Bible does say that God will cause non-believers to believe Satan's deeds so maybe this is what you are experiencing. im not sure.

• inrainbows
    inrainbows

Atheist is a dumb label.

I can only answer it given a sufficient level of commonality between my concept of theos and that of the person asking the question.

All this ‘are you an atheist?’, ‘what do atheists believe?’ business is putting the cart before the horse.
    To have a meaningful discussion defining theos is the starting point.

I am pretty sure by your definition real one, I am, but by my own I am not.

You see it’s not really a question of ‘weak atheist’ and ‘strong atheist’ (a classic but dumb division as the reasons given by ‘weak atheists’ for not being ‘strong atheists’ should normally have them believing in the possibility of all sorts of nonsense they don’t give a second thought to.

It’s a question of ‘weak theos’ or ‘strong theos’

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit