It is becoming a cult.

by Lex Talionis 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joebin
    joebin

I don't whine and I don't try to bring 'em down. Why? Cause I could care less, and don't feel I should embark on a mission to destroy the tower.

I browse this forum to read the latest news and gossip. That's about it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Apart from V, who else is doing something other than whine on this site?

I rarely do more than welcome newbies, because I am a bitter former cult member
    and I don't want my bitterness to chase away good people. But you did ask a
    question that can be answered.

I am working on it one person at a time. I am trying to help my wife primarily see
    that WTS is not "the truth." During my time helping her, I am helping my mother
    to see "the truth" for what it is, also.

While you are free to picket or publish books or start your own website, others
    are free to take different paths and do more or less than that. I don't wish for a
    mind-control cult to tell my mother to shun me for the rest of her life, so I don't do
    as much as you are planning to do. (I assume you are going to do more than whine
    on this site.)

I don't view posting here as just whining, but I see your point of view.
    I could just simply say that this site isn't for everyone. I will switch to your website
    which, apparenty, will be more constructive and educational and less whiney.
    Meanwhile, because I have family that are active JW, I need a place to vent my
    frustration, and I can't really afford a pyschiatrist, nor do I wish to explain to my wife
    why I would be needing one.

• real one
    real one

hello, hopefully another one here to spread the Truth, Jesus Christ!

• carla
    carla

"I am convinced it is not the religion it once was. " ---- Don't be silly, of course it is the same religion or shall we say book publishing company it has always been. Still filled with false prophecies as always, still controlling the minds, hearts and bodies of it's members, still killing off its own members, still protecting men who abuse, still spewing its ungodly dogma, still...... still... as always...... still......

And what may I ask are YOU doing specifically to warn others about this dangerous and deadly cult? Me? I deliver anti witness literature when the mood strikes. I tell others when conversation allows, I write newspapers and ask them to PLEASE run the AP stories of sexual abuse or blood stories that they refuse to print, I have written many in authority when there are jw issues at hand. It only takes a few minutes. I call into radio shows when the host is clueless about the blood issue and they get it all wrong in whether a 14 should be able to commit suicide the jw way, etc.... What do you do?

• carla
    carla

Forgot to add, just because people aren't out marching in the streets and you don't see what they 'do' to counter the wt doesn't mean they are not helpful or 'doing' something. Just being here and learning how to move on is often a struggle and more than enough to deal with. Then you have people like me who had no clue about jw's other than 'it's a cult' but really how dangerous? So the kind people here answer my questions over and over even if it is sometimes painful for them and I'm sure there has been plenty of times I have asked the same question before and they do not say, 'geez carla you already asked this two years ago don't you remember?' No, they are patient and tell me again about the crazy workings in dubland and they have my gratitude.

I don't think newly out dubs even realize the overwhelming amount of research that is required to really understand jw's.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think that organizations, religious or otherwise, tend to take on the spirit of the leadership. And from what I can see there's nobody in a high leadership position in the Watchtower organization that has any verve or mmph. I think that Freddie Franz dying in 1994 (?) marked the end of the golden age - he was the last of the larger-than-life Watchtower characters. I visited Brooklyn Bethel and Patterson in 1996 and it was a cold chill from beginning to end.

I really don't see how things could get better.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I was reform and I want the GB to admit they have it wrong.

Do you also want frustration?

If these people blamed the rank and file for believing what they printed concerning 1975, do you really think they will reform or even admit anything now?

They change the "generation" belief at whim, and of course threaten with disfellowshipping anyone who would take issue with the latest "new light."

If you attempt to speak to anyone about reform, you will immediately be labeled Apostate.

By the way, welcome.

• cognac
    cognac
    I am convinced it is not the religion it once was.

I can definately see what you mean in this statement. I feel the same way. I feel this way because before, even though it had definate things wrong with it, it wasn't as forced. It wasn't, if you disassociate yourself you can no longer talk to your family. It seems to have gotten stricter over the years in you not being able to have your own personal opinion on things. The blood issue wasn't always an issue for example. Anyways, that's just how I look at it. I'd be able to wait for things to get right with the society if they wern't bloodguilty and didn't have the whole d'f thing. I don't believe they had d'fing years ago. However, I might be wrong, so don't hold me to it. I just think they have gotten insanely more controlling over the years...

Apart from V, who else is doing something other than whine on this site?

lol, I find this comment funny. I don't think he means to insult anyone at all! Of course, I might be wrong. I just think that he wants us all to rise up at once and quickly put an end to this crap and stop talking about it. That's how I felt. I felt, let's all stop talking about it, get plane tickets to NY, and take them all down at once, lol...

He's pissed and venting. Insulting people in the process? Yes. Purposely, I don't think so. So, let's let it go. The poor guy has probably been through the miller and just wants it all to end now.

Anyways, welcome Lex! I give you a very warm welcome and I'm glad your here. I'm trying to get my husband out. Any other ideas I'm very open to listening to!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do believe most of us have something to "whine" about with the Washtowel Slaveholdery. They have ruined so many lives and stolen so much time from people with pointless work and false predictions that people have actually been injured by them. And that is what people are "whining" about. It happens that V is doing a lot of work creating videos to help expose the Washtowel Slaveholdery for what it really is, and so are most of us on this site.

And there are many going through extreme hardships trying to leave. Cognac is one of those that, as of this writing, is about to face a possible disfellowshipping and aggravation of a medical condition caused by the Washtowel Slaveholdery. Others are threatened in various ways--they are known to commit crimes. You don't believe me? Can everyone on Silentlambs be wrong? Yes, they do hide and protect pedophiles and silence the victims, who need all the help and support they can get.

I fully agree that it is becoming more cultlike. They always were a cult. However, now they are taking away the independent sources and college education from people. They have split the Washtowel magazine into the Showcase edition and the new Kool-Aid edition (Kool-Aid, because it refers to spiritual poison as in the Jonestown incident). That magazine is where they put revisions of doctrine, and before it was public. Now, they have the revisions in a private, members-only format so the public does not realize what goes on within the cult.

And it is going to get worse. Already, I am seeing more mindlessness of their frequent campaigns that accomplish nothing more than keep people out in field circus all day. In the future, more stupid rules are going to be issued. They have the upcoming Kool-Aid about "valueless things" including excessive fun, sex, relaxation, and going to college. That is intended to get people to put away their personal needs and spend all their time out knocking on doors. It truly is gettng worse, and will continue getting worse until they either self destruct, get wiped out by attrition and lack of new recruits, or seize control of the whole world and plunge us all into the Second Dark Ages.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Several attempts have been made before to "organize" the apostates to rise up and do something. It always fails. It's like herding cats.

The one thing most ex-JW's come to appreciate after leaving Watchtower World is freedom and life. Some have the time and energy to work in their own way against the WT Society.

My way of working against the JW's is twofold -- I try to show a happy, productive life on the outside is possible (contrary to the WTS propaganda), and I help clarify its lunacy to those who will listen -- to help people become more Watchtower-proof.

The WTS will always have some adherents, because there are always people willing to let people tell them how to live and what to do. It's our job to point out the inconsistencies and errors of the WT's way to those who could benefit from knowing that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit