It is becoming a cult.

by Lex Talionis 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Lex, I would start by doing a google search on "Jehovah Kabbalah", and find out how the Kabbalists invented the tetragrammaton and forged it into the Dead Sea Scrolls and pottery fragments. "Jehovah" is a Masonic name and is used in ritual murders, not to mention that it is a guess name derived from "Yahweh", which was invented by a guy named Genebrardus in 1567. All this stuff is on Wiki. Then show them Ezekiel 39:7 where God says point blank at the time of Gog's attack (still future and every JW knows it) that He will make His holy name known at THAT time and that He will no longer allow His holy name to be PROFANED. Perhaps it has something to do with the Hebrew word "hovah" that denoted evil and mischief. If you choose "Yahweh" then you're dealing with the moon god Yah and the Hebrew word "aveh" which means "perverse". Hit them right where it hurts which is the basis for their Masonic cult, the very name of God.

It's true that the Watchtower has done a great deal of good in bringing basic truths about God and His purposes for the earth into the light of day, but the best thing for new bible studies to do would be to get the basics and then get the hell out. Unfortunately the goons in the Tower have the mind-control fear-mongering indoctrination down pat where its difficult to get out of their grip once you give them the time of day, but it can be done fairly easily for anyone who can still think on their own, because have the Internet (for now).

Here's the first of three articles I put together on this and they are all linked:

http://www.love-the-truth.net/divine_name.html

If you made it here its a good sign. But if you want to break free and help your family to do the same, you'll have to do it while they are being forced to shun you as an apostate lowlife who's been consigned to the ashpits of Gehenna for rejecting the corporate gatekeepers of the four watch towers of Enochian Magick.

ProdigalSon

• greendawn
    greendawn

This was really a cult from the very beginning though it became a deeply controlling cult from the time Rutherford took over. As for the GB I suppose you know their policy that anyone criticising them or suggesting changes to their ideology and style of governance is swiftly expelled or at best marginalised. That puts them beyond any possibility of correction they claim they know it all better than anyone else (remember unique divine appointment and inspiration/direction) and can't be touched.

• yknot
    yknot
    Where do we start?

Well the WTS is a hierarchy.

Which is a contridiction since all are equal in Christ.

A hierarchy in the free world only exists if it has a solid base of followers.

People give the WTS it's power.

I can think of a group of men who got together with the intent of getting people to obey God, they unfortunately got sidetracked and became more focused on the letter of the law rather then the spirit. They also got big heads about their own importance, amassed wealth and influence. The strict interpretation of these laws caused them to 'beat' their fellow brothers/sisters.

A faithful slave can become an evil slave.

Jesus often spoke in parables, parables are to be applied first individually then outwardly into the community/world.

Are you a good Christian person in your heart, your home, and your world?

So you can leave and warn others not to join, or you can go undercover-apostate and encourage people to read their bibles indepentant of WT material and to start thinking for themselves. To have a personal relationship with Christ and God.

Above all stop donating money (the current god of the WTS)

Consider these donations instead:

Cash http://www.dannyhaszard.com/pickets/WT$_J-W.pdf

or Check http://www.dannyhaszard.com/pickets/WT$_Abuse.pdf

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I understand what you mean about a lot of energy wasted in whining and little action. I felt the same when I first started posting here. Then I asked myself what if anything I was doing. Nothing.

I am like an animal in a trap. When I first realised I was trapped I struggled, fought and got angry. What is left for me is resignation and a surrender to the situation. You may find yourself in the same position in a few months.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

I also feel the religion is not what it once was. But I'll explain. I think for me it has to do with the congregation I was in for most of my life. Obedience to the GB was not really discussed and its not until the past 6 or 7 years that I have even noticed it. Personally I think the reason is because in the 70's you were more free to have your own thoughts, this changed I guess in 80 when they purged and kicked people like Ray Franz out. The beliefs Ray got destroyed for were his same beliefs years earlier, but it seems that it was ok if you kept it to yourself. That all changed in the early 80's. Well, I think that there were 2 kinds of people, hard liners, and liberals. And since the 80's the liberals have been leaving, and now you are in 2008 and the majority are hard liners, and the liberals are a dying breed. So while there has always been this idea of "obey the GB", it didnt come across as loud as it does not because you still had people that disagreed with the hard line. Anyway, i dont have a lot of time to type this, i should have maybe done it when I do have time, hopefully it makes sense. I will say however I understand why people didnt care for the "whine" comment. There are alot of people hurt by the WTS and expressing that is not whining. But we wont kill you for it. LOL, at least I wont.

• Galileo
    Galileo

Nice Avatar. I just hope people don't start wondering why I suddenly dropped atheism in favor of reforming the JW's

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    ...who else is doing something other than whine on this site?

Sometimes the best thing you can do is not do. Not preach their message, not go their meetings, etc.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That there is material exposing the truth about the org all over the internet and sites like JWD, this is the best defense. I know the internet helped me out of the mind part of it. I had left bodywise years before.

Today, honestly, if JW's have computers and they go on line, it's really the best chance they've got to find out the facts. And a lot of them do this accidently.

On the other hand, most of us realize it's not up to us to take the org down or get everyone out. It's not like this is a tiny cult on a ranch somewhere. It's got millions of members all over the world. They are scattered everywhere. We can educate those we know, if they will allow it.

• metaspy
    metaspy
    I dont want this post spinning off.
    Apart from V, who else is doing something other than whine on this site?
    Tell me your stories!

I thought I would create an army of clones and dress them up as "Storm Troopers" and go take over the JW World Headquarters.
    If anyone wants to assist in building the cloning machine, I am looking for some help.
    In the mean time, I am trying to maintain peace with my JW family and slowly ease them toward leaving the religion too.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I am convinced it is not the religion it once was.

I was reform and I want the GB to admit they have it wrong.

Where do we start?

It was a cult,it is a cult and it will continue to be a cult. Reform ???? Impossible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit