DJK

Lex, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalcome.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    He's pissed and venting.

Hmmmmmm......some people would call that "whining."

• watson
    watson

Man...I wish the people at the Kingdom Hall were nicer to me. And, god, have you heard the latest funeral talks they are dishing out. They're using all my contributions to build factories in upper state New York, and defend themselves in pedophilia cases. You can just tell who in the congregation has the power....oh, and did you know that the Watchtower gets kickbacks from hotel room blocks, not only that, but most of the good rooms are gone when I go to call in for my convention rooms, what's left is always the fleabags. I don't care what they say, I am not going to where my suit and badge when I go out to dinner after the afternoon session. Don't get me started about saving seats man.

Sorry, just venting.

• flipper
    flipper

LEX- A big warm JWD hug and welcome to you friend ! I realize it is new "light" for you that the Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult ! But many of us here have been learning this ourselves for years now . I highly recommend that you read the book, " Combatting Cult Mind Control" by Steve Hassan . He is NOT an ex-witness so he has no particular ill will towards the JW's. But he is an educator who has helped many people understand what " cult mind control" is and how people get taken in and affected by cult thinking. It will help you.

Also, in regards to your assertion people are " whining" here with no particular purpose ? I have to disagree with you. There are many, including myself, who are very devoted to working behind the scenes to help and assist people like yourself to deal with their lives after leaving the Jehovah's Witness cult. You just don't see it publicly at times. That's also a big difference you will see here as opposed to the Jehovah's Witnesses way of doing things. They do things for outward appearance. Lots of us help people to find out who they are on the inside !

LEX- You want to do something that will help inform others about the governing body and Watchtower society? Then go around and leave news releases of the current child abuse scandals that occurred in the Jehovah's Witnesses religion in Kingdom hall parking lot windows , and about the JW molester Gilbert Simental in Riverside, California who was just convicted of child molestation of 3, 10 year old witness girls. The elders had to be " forced " by the courts to testify as they were more concerned about the Watchtower societies outward appearance. So- Do something good , inform witnesses in your area about this to educate them , they won't hear about it from the organization ! Oh, by the way, others as well as myself have been doing what I just told you to do ! So, it's not like we are sitting here with our fingers up our ( you know where), many on this site are pro-active in helping others ! Wrap your mind around this fact. Look forward to hearing from you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

About 25 years ago, I went to Alablama to meet with about 20 other apostates, including Ray and Cynthia Franz. We met together for 3 days at Peter Gregerson's lake cabin to discuss our stories, and next steps. I had hoped we were going to bring down the WTS. Instead, the group ultimately formed BCRI, and became a support for exiting witnesses at that time. Leonard and Margaret Chretien were also there and were in the process of producing the film we've all seen a hundred times, "Witnesses of Jehovah."

I realize now that I was naive to have thought that a handful of enlightened ex-JWs could bring down this world-wide religious cult. The group wisdom recognized that supporting individuals who were leaving the cult was a huge contribution and a realistic endeavor.

I suspect that if apostates ever became organized around the goal of destroying the WTS, we would ultimately become just another bureaucracy splintering off in all directions, chasing our tails.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

The group wisdom recognized that supporting individuals who were leaving the cult was a huge contribution and a realistic endeavor.

The more the word gets out there, the more people see the lack of love in the congs, the more people search on the internet, the more people there will be to support. Having a support system post JW is HUGE.

We are all making a difference in our own way.

BB

• Free
    Free

Lex, Don't you mean you are one of Jehovahs Witnesses ?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I suspect that if apostates ever became organized around the goal of destroying the WTS, we would ultimately become just another bureaucracy splintering off in all directions, chasing our tails.

I don't know, but you could be right.

Bringing down the JW org, it would be like trying to weed out all the terrorists around the world. So far, no one has been successful with that either.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I was reform and I want the GB to admit they have it wrong.

www.ajwrb.org

http://www.freeminds.org/

Kerry Louderback-Wood http://www.libertadeslaicas.org.mx/paginas/infoEspecial/pdfArticulosLaicidad/100101176.pdf

Barbara Anderson http://www.rickross.com/reference/jw/jw130.html

...and more...

Reform is a commendable goal, and worthy of a lifetime of effort. Because that is what it takes to bring an organization to it's knees. Case in point, Pope Benedict's action to deal with problems of pedophelia in the Catholic church. It's been a long time coming.

As for the GB to admit they have it wrong? Have you ever tried to convince an elderly parent that their entire lifetime's work was wasted effort?

Some of us are content to influence our circle of family and friends. The GB may go quietly to their grave in ignorance. Reform or decline, it is bound to come. But it will take time.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Apart from V, who else is doing something other than whine on this site?

Tell me your stories!

I am all alone. My wife is IN-IN despite being inactive for almost 20 years. Her family are all rabid witnesses. Her dad is the only sincere one who actually applies BIBLE counsel, not just wt bs. So, I am here in a small rural community near Fresno, CA with my eye on three congos. And when I see their bs, anything on the news about pedofiles, etc I go online and report to the local media through the community correspondent program they offer here.

So far I have posted three washtowel society related posts and they have deleted one of them. I am not sure if it is because I used NBC footage and they are a FOX company, or if they are being politically correct. Either way, I am alone in my area and posting what I can with what I have available to me.

Wish me luck as I do to you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit