Richard Dawkins Gets "Expelled" by Ben Stein!

by Perry 365 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• IP_SEC
  • Perry
    Perry
    Perry, a God that could design the laws of the Universe could design a Universe that would grow and develop on its own after its inception.

I never said that it couldn't; although the way you phrase that proposition goes against the 2nd law of thermo-dyanmics.

For you to insist that God had to do things as you narrowly interpret is to make Him too small.

What exactly did I insist on?

• Perry
    Perry

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=6VbwBn7c-Lc

Atheistic science is simply at a loss to explain certain things.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I never said that it couldn't; although the way you phrase that proposition goes against the 2nd law of thermo-dyanmics.

Evolution does not violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics. The 2nd law stipulates that entropy must increase in a closed system. Earth is not a closed system, but an open one that recieves energy from outside.

Also, entropy need not increase uniformly everywhere.Physical processes may lead to an increase in order in one place, at the expense of a different place.

The Universe is a big place Perry. In my Father's house there are many abodes.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Atheistic science is simply at a loss to explain certain things.

Science is not Atheistic. Some scientists are, some are not. Modern science is borne out of the Christian tradition. Past Christians believed that God was a God of order, and that nature would reflect that sublime order and symmetry. It does. Also that man could learn the mind of God from His creation. He can.*

Science is knowledge acquired through observation of the physical Universe and empirical, repeatable testing of theories regarding its nature and operation. God gave us a big playground. He left us lots of great puzzles. What science cannot explain today it could explain tommorrow.

Burn

*For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What exactly did I insist on?

You seem to be insisting on the special creation of every discrete species that exists by necessity.

• 5go
    5go

I've demonstrated the link on this thread. You would do well to review it rather than casually associate me with Ben Stein. Just because some cracked individuals believe something does not make it untrue. For example, you believe the sky is blue, to use your argument would be to deduce its nonblueness from your own obvious mental disorder, however, this is not the case. The sky IS blue, and your derangement has no bearing on the matter.

Burn

Then explain why a southern christian minded state ( South Carolina ) practiced eugenics while at the same time fighting Darwinism. Also the pro-slavery south used eugenics and the bible to justify slavery and later racial segregation.

Name the adversary that has killed more americans than any adversary the United States fought combined previsously and since..... The Answer is the Confederate States of America. - Al Franken

COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA--Governor Jim Hodges has formally apologized on behalf of his state for forcibly sterilizing hundreds of people under South Carolina's eugenics laws during the last century.

"On behalf of the people of South Carolina, I apologize for decades of suffering and pain caused by eugenics," Hodges said Wednesday.

"Today, I want to acknowledge the great injustice done to more than 250 men and women when the State of South Carolina permitted involuntary sterilization for decades."

Between 1935 and 1985, South Carolina allowed mental health and prison officials to order surgical sterilization on people diagnosed with "insanity, idiocy, imbecility, feeble-mindedness or epilepsy."

Thirty-two other states and two Canadian provinces had similar laws on their books during the popular eugenics movement.

Eugenics was based on the racist belief that society would be improved through "proper breeding". The "science" behind eugenics was disproved, but not before more than 60,000 Americans were forcibly sterilized. Most were people with mental retardation and mental illness living in state-operated institutions. More women were sterilized than men. More blacks were sterilized than whites.

Hodges is the fourth governor to officially apologize for a state's eugenics past. Governors from Virginia, Oregon and North Carolina submitted apologies last year.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Then explain why a southern christian minded state ( South Carolina ) practiced eugenics while at the same time fighting Darwinism. Also the pro-slavery south used eugenics and the bible to justify slavery and later racial segregation

This is undeniable and besides the point.

Name the adversary that has killed more americans than any adversary the United States fought combined previsously and since..... The Answer is the Confederate States of America. - Al Franken

Again besides the point. This demonstrates nothing. The Eugenics conferences I mention earlier were held in the United States.

Burn

• 5go
    5go

Eugenics was based on the racist belief that society would be improved through "proper breeding". The "science" behind eugenics was disproved
    Again what did you say? Oh yeah nothing.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The Dawkins site seems to be down.

It goes down a lot.

Looks like natural selection is eliminating the weak.

Even the Watchtower site stays up better than this.

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit