Richard Dawkins Gets "Expelled" by Ben Stein!

by Perry 365 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    Burn: "therefore the application of Darwinism to human society without regard to the sacred dignity of the human person is evil".

You see here is an example of a persons belief system intruding on their use of plain English.

The sentence could read, 'Therefore the application of Darwinism to human society without regard to the sacred dignity of the human person is evil unwise.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

You see here is an example of a persons belief system intruding on their use of plain English.

The sentence could read, 'Therefore the application of Darwinism to human society without regard to the sacred dignity of the human person is evil unwise

The sentence reads exactly as I wanted it to.

You see here an example of someone's belief system intruding on their understanding of plain English:

Sacred:

2b: : entitled to reverence and respect

Evil:

1a: morally reprehensible

3a: causing harm

3b: marked by misfortune

Ref: m-w.com

Do not worry Gladiator, when I cut your throat and your blood runs hot on the arena sands, I will not curse you in plain English, but in vulgar Latin.

Caput tuum in ano est

Burn

• snowbird
    snowbird

Caput tuum in ano est

Burn

Burn!!!

Sylvia

• Perry
    Perry

One of the most spectacular features of the film was the treatment of a single cell. One scientist was asked to compare it to something. His answer: A Saturn V rocket. Another scientist was asked the same question. His immediate response: A galaxy. He added that because of our advances in nano technology, we've discoverd more than ever.

Below is a short clip inside ONE SINGLE CELL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVUnzk40npw&NR=1

• Perry
    Perry

Protein Translation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl8pSlonmA0&feature=related

The intelligence behind all this is beyond all possible comprehension.

• dawg
    dawg

And I get no reply to....

Burn says "Believers often get told to own up to the mistakes of religion over the centuries.
    Own up to your own"!

I love it when people state this... so, what we have here is someone acknowledging that acting on thoughts that have no rational thinking can create "mistakes". You know "mistakes" like the inquisition and the like. Its on old saying that two wrongs don't make a right,the fact that any philosophy, be it Christianity, or communism has killed people needlessly in the name of their causes when they go a muck shows that irrational thinking causes harm... it proves nothing else. Religion is irrational, so is any cause that causes others physical harm.. period! Religion is irrational for all the reason Dawkins states, his acknowledgment that he has no idea how life began is logical, the fact the Perry and Burns think they know the answer is lunacy-yet they scoff at Dawkins for at least acknowledging he doesn't know what can't be known. What irony!

Perry, you just came from Church; a person that believes the Bible as factual in any way is a lost cause... period! To think you have the nerve to question someone searching for a rational explanation as to the origins of life and would cling to that nonsense is truly amazing... good lord man, get a grip on yourself!

• Perry
    Perry

Dawg,

This thread is about Intelligent Design and it suppression as investigated by Ben Stein in his movie. Dawkins offers no "rational explanation" for the origin of life. To do so would be foolish. He just doesn't want anyone else to offer what all thinking people already know is the obvious: And that truth is that an infinite intelligence made us, and the proof is all around us.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Perry,

This thread is about Intelligent Design

Judging from your agenda it was hardly about intelligent debate.

HS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I love it when people state this... so, what we have here is someone acknowledging that acting on thoughts that have no rational thinking can create "mistakes".

I acknowledged no such thing. The rapacious side of man wants to dominate and kill.

People invent rationalizations for that.

Those are the "mistakes", in the context of this discussion.

Burn

• Perry
    Perry

OK this is off topic a bit. But, I feel especially moved here to just say a couple of words here, retrospetively. It is well known that I am a believer, I go out of my way to present myself as someone who is not ashamed of worshipping a blood soaked, flesh tattered god who hung on a timber in a remote corner of the Roman empire some 2000 years ago.

The fact of the Creator's existence is absolutely settled for me. My experience with these issues goes far beyond fact finding which is where most of you are. When I see a video like this one (on one single cell): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVUnzk40npw&NR=1 ; it humbles me to such a degree that is impossible to put into words. I know for a fact, that I will be face to face with the one responsible for this. Not only that. The one who did this will put his arms around me and call me his son and brother, just as he already has in my spirit....even naming me.

Millions & millions of people have experienced this. It is no illusion. Most will not talk about it to unbelievers for obvious reasons. But, just for a minute, imagine you were me with this absolute certainity. Imagine the destiny I enjoy. I have found a place of peace that is beyond words or expression of any human kind.

You will never find God by starting with him, he is too unique. He must find you. You must start with yourself and identify your position in the matrix of life and ask Jesus to save you...... it's that simple. It's not just the words that are magical or something. I used to make fun of the TV preachers while out in service like most of you all I suspect. That's what we thought that the Christians were saying, "All you gotta do is BELIEVE friends"

The meaning is simple enough but the action is another thing. Ask God to do with you what he will. Ask him to give you faith. Ask Jesus to exchange his life for yours. If you do that, and mean it..... God will take you places you never imagined.

Lord Jesus, Please Bless All the members of this Discussion Board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit