Watchtower Comments THE GENERATION CHANGE Featuring LEOLAIA

by V 221 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

Leolaia

Post 11709

I hope that the preamble of your opinion as posted by the person reponsible for Watchtower Comments now realizes that your opinion far from being scholarly in nature is simply for "informal. lay-oriented discussion".

Your exegesis of the subject of the Parousia and the Generation is dishonest whereupon you claim without evidence that parousia means 'coming' and not presence. Further, you claim that the description of the parousia as an extended period of time comes ot of nowhere. It is you who have comprehension skills as the reason for this interpretation is clearly presented in four paragraphs under the heading An Extended Period of Time. This section is based upon two major exegetical considerations namely the parousia began in 1914 with the installation of Jesus Christ as King in heaven and the period syntelia as 'the conclusion of the system of things' corresponds or runs parallel with the parousia. Also it is stated as an accepted fact that parousia means 'presence'.

Next, In the immediate context the parousia was compared by Jesus himself to the Days of Noah and not to the Flood of Noah in Matthew 24:37-39 wherein parousia is mentioned twice. Clearly this period was not momentary but covered a long or extended period of time and it was described as a parousia. You are quite mistaken when you foolishly claim that "It is not this prior state that is compared to the parousia but the cataclysm that brings it to its consummation". The pericope clearly states otherwise, the Flood simply concluded or ended that Noachin Parousia.

Further, other Bible prophecies from Revelation such as the Four Horsemen or Cavaliers which agains begins with the now exalted and victorious Jesus Christ followed by succeeding prodigies or woes for the earth all of which have affected the world since 1914. We are and have seen all of these things since 1914 which looking back is indeed an extended period of time. These woes correspond with Sign asked by the disciples in Matthew 24:3 and such were described from the beginning of Jesus' answer which beginning of the parousia and the synteleia. Contrary to your view, commentators do indeed find paralleles between the Messianic woes of Matthew and these Four Horsemen. (Revelation 6-16, WBC, Vol.52B,1998, p.424)

Revelation 12describes the birth of God's kingdom which was followed by a 'period of time' in which the worls would suffer many woes and looking back to 1914 we see clear evidence that over that period of time manking has been afflicted with those many woes described by the Synoptic writers and the Apostle John. Psalms 2 and 110 describe that same installation of the Christ as King and the alluded events would also occupy a long period of time. In short, those paragraphs well prove that the parousia would be a period of time marked by many significant events attested by modern history to that epochal year of 1914.

Scholars publish their research in journals and invite criticsm for they realize that scholarship remains always a work in progress and so it is with Biblical Revelation and Interpretation. Scholars also know that there are many different interpretations so it is wise for readers and students of Scripture to read widely and not to be gullible. Your opinion is presented in a dogmatic way which promotes gullibility in the minds of its readers. It is as you correctly say, Your opinion.

scholar JW

• fresia
    fresia
    I think this Scholar guy is just "V" punking you guys!!
    It's a fair cop... (now why do you think I introduced Leolaia as "thescholar" of JWD anyway?) Reading through the contradictory posts always amuses me. When will JWs stop the ad hominem and start dealing with specifics?
    It's not a JW brainwashing at all.....it's called faith based on accurate knowledge from Gods word the bible. So I gather that most here are brainwashed because they refuse to accept the word of God.
    So Fresia, do you realize that the Watchtower made itself inaccurate for over 60 yearswhen it changed back to an old teaching about the "generation." Not new light, old light. No kidding, thanks for the info I knew. Also you apostates can't get it through your heads, that the WTS teaches old light that it has never changed the truth about WHO GOD IS, WHO CHRIST IS, WHAT THE KINGDOM IS, THE TRUE DOCTRINES OF SOUL AND ALL THE OTHER PAGAN SATANIC DOCTRINES OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND OTHER FAITHS THAT STILL TEACH THESE WRONG TEACHINGS. Weather or not you want to admit it, I have not seen in the 32 years of being a Jw the WTS ever teaching the flock to be criminals, fornicators, adulterers, and thieves you know what I mean, or do you think JW are being taught the opposite of what Jesus said. (Matt 7: 16-23) By their fruits you will recognize my true disciples. You don't listen to Jesus. Your all so obsessed with the WTS you are blinded to anything spiritual at all. You all zoom in on the mistakes of men and call the WTS satanic or evil. If a few men are doing wrong I am sure the true God Jehovah will remove them in his time. But in the meantime as you lot set yourselves up as judge , jury and executioners, you miss out on the simple truth and teachings that the WTS print to the world, and those that distribute happily to the world to wonderful truth about Gods Kingdom. (Matt 24:14) God will judge any one wicked in his house, not you. You all need to see a doctor for your obsession with the WTS, why don't you get on with your lives and start living seeing your so happy out of the organization, it appear hypocritical then doesn't it that you cant leave happily. (Malachi 3:16-18)......then shall ye return and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not. (Micah 4:5)..For all the peoples walk every one in the name of his god; and we will walk in the name of Jehovah our God for ever and ever. Just so you don't freak out scriptures are from (ASRV not the NWT)
  • fresia
    fresia

Justhuman says....

Was it 1914 that Russell claimed that the end would come? The WT "forgets" to tell us that the dates were based on counting the Pyramids!!!This is called OCCULT?Then it was again in 1916, and again in 1918....

Russell wasn't the only one talking Armageddon then, their were other groups, they all knew through bible chronology that something was going to happen in 1914 or around that period. The reason why God choose Russell as the channel and not the others, was because he knew the importance of the preaching.

He along with other so called doomsday cults (as ones called them) saw that the trinity, and hellfire, and soul teachings of mainstream religion were not scriptural. All these other groups faded out into oblivion and some that did survive, don't preach Gods Kingdom. Only JW do that work.

And regardless of the failing of some imperfect men, Jehovah has continued down to this day to keep his earthly organization going and strongly, because we are the only ones in the world that teach the truth about him and his Kingdom, and we preach that literally on foot around the globe, it is obvious to those with spiritual eyes and honest hearts, that this is truly the organization that Jehovah is using to do this work.

JW have never gone back to the pagan teachings of Christendom.

And I am sorry that you have had problems with family in the faith. And obviously there will be problems in any religion because we are all imperfect, and some do give JW a bad name. Most that leave are for immorality most that are disfellowshipped is for immorality. And some wont and cant' accept that. Some are bitter, and some may have a reason to be in their eyes, but Jehovah is not to blame. Those that leave usually do because they looked at men and not God, they looked at the mistakes and imperfections, yes and even some gross at times, but God is not to blame and he will set matters straight if need be in his time. He sees the big picture we don't. Those that stay in spite of the wrongs of man, look to God, not the other way round as opposer's and apostates would brain wash you with, that we worship the org, those that looked to the org, left.

Dont' you think the truth would not have enemies, who said it was going to be a perfect day every day, and who said it was going to be easy, this is a fight not a holiday. (2Tim 3:12)

But the rest of the 7 million should not be abused because of a few nutters, or ones that don't apply bible principles in their lives. As a whole group, JW are an honest dedicated brotherhood of worshipers and preachers of Jehovah and as followers of Christ they try to apply bible principles and live the truth. I call that being Christian, you many not agree but the bible tells us how to discern who are true Christians or not. (Matt 7: 16-23)

• boyzone
    boyzone

Fresia

the WTS teaches old light that it has never changed the truth about WHO GOD IS, WHO CHRIST IS, WHAT THE KINGDOM IS, THE TRUE DOCTRINES OF SOUL AND ALL THE OTHER PAGAN SATANIC DOCTRINES OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND OTHER FAITHS THAT STILL TEACH THESE WRONG TEACHINGS.

Your not making any sense. The churches haven't changed their understanding on most of these things either. Isnt that something the WT have lambasted them for for decades? Not "keeping in step with Jehovah" ? Not "being progressive"? not "moving forward with Jehovah's Organization?

So which way do you want it? One minute its proof that JW's are Gods Org precisely becasue they HAVE changed things, then you say they are God's Org precisely because they haven't!

• fresia
    fresia
    Your not making any sense. The churches haven't changed their understanding on most of these things either. Isnt that something the WT have lambasted them for for decades? Not "keeping in step with Jehovah" ? Not "being progressive"? not "moving forward with Jehovah's Organization?

So which way do you want it? One minute its proof that JW's are Gods Org precisely becasue they HAVE changed things, then you say they are God's Org precisely because they haven't!

Its old because its never changed, its always been truth, from Gods word. There is nothing new about it because its always been truth. And JW have seen that and never changed it to be called new light.

Sorry if I didn't phrase it correctly.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    The identity of this group must remain anonymous so Alas I cannot assist you as to there identity.

Just curious - WHY?

For their own protection I should think, lol.

• fresia
    fresia

Then perhaps you should start acting like someone who is "proud and honoured to be a Jehovah's Witness." You aren't supposed to be visiting "apostate" website. After 48 years as a faithful JW, I am content to simply leave; I feel no need to vist pro-JW discussion boards to dissuade them from their beliefs. Why are you unable to obey the faithful and discreet slave and refrain from visiting and posting on this website?

You come the cheap shot. Actually the reason why some active baptized JW do frequent some site where apostates and opposer's are is because, we know of all the lies on the net about our brothers and the organization, and we also concerned that some weak or those studying or some that have fallen away surf these sites, so we like to give the truth among all the lies.

What do you want the whole net bar the WT site full of hate for JW, would that make you happier. I think you love us being on here, come on you would be bored, I mean you cant let go of talking and complaining and whining and cussing the WTS can you.

Jehovah is bringing back his lost sheep, and the net is another way, there have been a couple I know that have gone back to the protection of his earthly organization and united brotherhood.

There is still time.

• Lex Talionis
    Lex Talionis

Scholar.

You have derided and insulted people on this forum for years.

You are my enemy.

We are at war.

• fresia
    fresia

Because you were in Bethel does not mean that none of the 'celebrated WT scholars were there present for the majority do not reside in Bethel. You talk about the Society's flip-flop interpretations so what about Christendom' hopeless confusion and doubt on this subject, What do you prefer, doubt over 'faith, confusion over adjustment. I prefer the Society's 'flip-flops' which are in accord with the Master's exhortation for his true disciples to be 'On the Watch' any day.

I will let you into a little secret. The Society does not and has not protect pedophiles for these are the hysterics of such apostates as Bill Bowen and Barbara Anderson/

scholar JW

Oh excellent post brother scholar....thank you.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Because you were in Bethel does not mean that none of the 'celebrated WT scholars were there present for the majority do not reside in Bethel. You talk about the Society's flip-flop interpretations so what about Christendom' hopeless confusion and doubt on this subject, What do you prefer, doubt over 'faith, confusion over adjustment. I prefer the Society's 'flip-flops' which are in accord with the Master's exhortation for his true disciples to be 'On the Watch' any day.

I will let you into a little secret. The Society does not and has not protect pedophiles for these are the hysterics of such apostates as Bill Bowen and Barbara Anderson/

scholar JW

Oh excellent post brother scholar....thank you.

I can see that you have never been a victim. If you what to believe that it's because you have never lived it or you are in denial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit