Watchtower Comments THE GENERATION CHANGE Featuring LEOLAIA

by V 221 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fresia
    fresia
    Scholar, the most ubiquitous of posters.

One could almost conclude you are a posse, indeed the amount of self lionizing you participate in almost proves it.

Whether you are one, or many I find you quite an irascible and boastful bully.

One wonders however, are you an indolent witness or do you set the lead as a "pillar" of the congregation.

Has the congregation bestowed any title on you or are you a self appointed "Scholar"?

This question is only asked in order to establish your "spiritual maturity".

Are you a "gift in Men"? Are you an appointed member of the servant body?

For if the answer is no, one must conclude that the Watchtower does not approve of you and finds you somewhat malapropos?

Pray tell my little philomath.

Ha this is so funny....all the big words and among all that rant, is the personal attacks. So nothing to stay on his piece just the insults because your wrong.(Malaprop's polymath Philomena)

• Mary
    Mary
    pseudo-scholar moaned: There are no semantics involve with the meaning of parousia that support your theory for our publications have always implied that 'presence' does indeed include an arrival for coming this is the first stage of a presence or 'beong present.

Then what are you BITCHING about??? I guess I'll be the first one to lose it on this thread, but scholar: you're an asshole of the first order and are clearly attempting to give the impression that you somehow have a doctorate in the Greek language and actually know what you're talking about. Here's a newsflash for you: The Writing Department does not get to determine what the word "parousia" means, as much as I'm sure they'd like to. That my friend, is and always has been determined by linguists and true scholars with no ulterior motive or pre-conceived doctrines that fly in the face of common sense. The Greek word 'parousia' means: presense, coming, arrival, advent.

Your continual bashing of Leolaia's excellent and thorough review is utterly nauseating and you're making a fool out of yourself with each of your tirades. In true Witness fashion, you attack anything that goes against what the Craptower teaches and even though she has clearly shown that the WTS has been less than truthful about their bizarre interpretation of the entire doctrine of the Second Coming of Christ, you continue to strain the gnat (whether the word 'parousia' is referring to presense or the arrival of someone) and swallow the camel (the bizarre doctrine that Jesus' Return would be in secret, would be invisible, and go completely unnoticed by the world, even though the scriptures say the complete opposite) which is exactly what the Pharisees did on matters of doctrine.

One must have arrived or came in order then to be present. But that is not what parousia means , it refers not to coming or arrival but to the complete state of being present.

No, it does not and you're attempting to twist the interpretation into your pre-conceived notion that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914, so cut the crap. According to Greek scholars, the word "parousia" can mean presence, but it most certainly does not imply an invisible presence unless of course you've invested decades of your life buying into the WTS's nonsensical absurdities, which apparently you have and still do. Here's an example that you should perhaps consider: the coming of Titus (2 Cor. 7:6,7); the coming of Stephanas (I Cor. 16:17); and the coming of Paul (Phil. 1:26) involved the coming or arrival of these people along with their personal presence. In addition, the arrival and "bodily presence" of Paul described in 2 Corinthians10:10 is obviously what the scripture implies: a literal visible presence. There is absolutely no place in the bible that even hints that Jesus' return would be either in 1914 or invisible. It clearly states the opposite when it says in Matthew 24: "Every eye will see him."

Now before you go off on a tangent about it meaning "with the eye of understanding", try thinking about what you're saying. This scripture does not say that only a certain group of people will understand that he 'returned invisibly' (which is really no 'return' at all), it clearly says "Every eye will see him" end of story. In fact, at that time, the Bible Students/Witnesses didn't even believe Jesus 'returned' in 1914----they believed He had returned in 1874 or 1878, so how exactly did they 'see him return in 1914 with the 'eye of understanding'??? Ya.....maybe that's a question you should chew on for a while.

Not only that, but Jesus warned against false prophets who would teach an "invisible return". He said: "If they shall say unto you, Look, he is in . . . the secret chambers; do not believe it. For as the lightning comes out of the east, and shines even to the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." (Matt. 24:26,27). This verse clearly shows that the WT's ridiculous promotion of an 'invisible presense' that supposedly began in 1914 (i.e., he's in the secret chambers) falls under the category of a false doctrine taught by "false prophets". Lightening is not "invisible" seen only by a chosen few. It's see by everyone in the area, it comes suddenly and forcefully. I remember asking this question once at the Bookstudy and everyone's face nearly fell off when I said "everyone can see lightning, so how can His Return be 'invisible?' I never got an answer and the conductor quickly moved on.

In addition, the scripture in Zechariah 14:3-4 says that Jesus will return literally and visibly to the earth.

"...Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle. 4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south...."

Hmmmm......gee, that doesn't sound like an 'invisible presence' to me.

And finally, the scripture in Acts 1: 9-11 says:

"...After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight. They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven..."

How did his disciples see Jesus leave? Was it with 'the eye of understanding? Was it an 'invisible departure'?? No---they saw him leave with their literal eyes and it was a visible departure. Gosh! Imagine that!! He only disappeared from their view when he reached the heavens itself. Verse 11 is quite clear that His return would be visible, just as His departure was.

Scholar, you clearly are no real scholar, because the first thing you learn when you attend university, is that you have to approach a subject with no pre-conceived idea. You have to start with a blank sheet, examine the evidence and build your conclusion on evidence, logic and available material. You have clearly done none of these things, so I highly doubt you've ever stepped foot in a university. The Watchtower's doctrine that the Second Coming of Christ refers to a secret, invisible event that happened in 1914, is without any basis either in the scriptures or anywhere else. Of course, we all know why the Society is still desperately promoting this farce: because without it, they lose the even more ludicrous doctrine that Jesus chose them as the "faithful and discreet slave" in 1919----another bizarre doctrine that they plucked out of thin air without any evidence whatsoever, except their very vivid imaginiations.

Your attack on Leolaia is really another pathetic joke and completely without merit as is your splitting hairs about the Greek word 'parousia'. She has shown you over and over again that reference works done by real scholars most certainly allows for the word to be used as "coming" or "arrival" or "advent" in addition to "presense". Your grasping of straws and moaning about how it really must mean "presence" and not "coming" is like someone telling their kids "I'll be coming over to your place on Saturday" and have one of the kids debate endlessly whether he meant he would arrive "invisibly" (which is no arrival at all), or whether he would be literally there. It's truely pathetic and only in Dumb-dumb Land is such a farce and "endless debate over words" carried on with such fanaticism.

Truly pathetic and the only person here that you're kidding is yourself (and apparently 'Fresia'---another drone from the Borg). Get your head out of your ass and try using your brain for a change, instead of just automatically accepting the crap churned out from Columbia Heights.

• Lex Talionis
    Lex Talionis

Fresia you are quite nugatory.

I find your posts far to bipolar to be taken seriously.

My questions to the so caled scholar simply calls his position in the WT to account.

I challenge his sign off, that is "WT Scholar".

He cannot claim such a title without being one.

If he is not yet claims such a title he is either presumptuous or a mountebank.

Let the scraper come to me.

• Mary
    Mary
    So Fresia, do you realize that the Watchtower made itself inaccurate for over 60 years when it changed back to an old teaching about the "generation." Not new light, old light.
    No kidding, thanks for the info I knew. Also you apostates can't get it through your heads, that the WTS teaches old light that it has never changed the truth about WHO GOD IS, WHO CHRIST IS, WHAT THE KINGDOM IS, THE TRUE DOCTRINES OF SOUL AND ALL THE OTHER PAGAN SATANIC DOCTRINES OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND OTHER FAITHS THAT STILL TEACH THESE WRONG TEACHINGS.

Ah, typical sleigh-of-hand tactic from an ever-blind follower of the WTS: You have no rationale response or defense of the fact that the Governing Body have consistently taught so many erroneous doctrines over the years, so you ignore the initial post and instead try and rationalize their blunders by saying ‘Well, they may have been wrong on countless issues, but since I think they were right on issues such as the Trinity, the Kingdom and God’s name, I’ll just ignore all their blunders on doctrines like "this generation", blood transfusions, higher education, who are the "superior authorities", vaccinations, organ transplants, alternative service and the fact that Charles Russell was heavily involved in Pyramidology!’

Here’s a question you should ask yourself Fresia: Why would Jehovah choose a man who was involved in what today is a disfellowshipping offense? Not only was Charles Russell involved in Pyramidology, he also celebrated Christmas and birthdays. And please don’t try that crap about "the light gets brighter", because he knew even back then that Christmas was from ‘pagan origin:’

The Watchtower, 1st December 1904 p 364

"....Even though Christmas is not the real anniversary of our Lord's birth, but more properly the annunciation day or the date of his human begetting (Luke 1:28), nevertheless, since the celebration of our Lord's birth is not a matter of divine appointment or injunction, but merely a tribute of respect to him, it is not necessary for us to quibble particularly about the date. We may as well join with the civilized world in celebrating the grand event on the day which the majority celebrate - "Christmas day...."

Hmmm.......that wasn’t very faithful or discreet of him was it??

Weather or not you want to admit it, I have not seen in the 32 years of being a Jw the WTS ever teaching the flock to be criminals, fornicators, adulterers, and thieves you know what I mean, or do you think JW are being taught the opposite of what Jesus said. (Matt 7: 16-23)

What kind of a bonehead comment is that? No Christian religion officially teaches their congregations to be criminals, fornicators, adulterers or thieves. This is not something privy to the WTS.

By their fruits you will recognize my true disciples.

Ah finally, you said something correct. Yes, the Watchtower’s ‘fruits’ are certainly giving them lots of the bad publicity they deserve. Harboring pedophiles over the years and being exposed nationally for doing so, forced them to settle a lawsuit with the victims. And if you don’t believe this, take a look at their own website: http://www.jw-media.org/region/global/english/releases/beliefs_practices/071121.htm

Your all so obsessed with the WTS you are blinded to anything spiritual at all. You all zoom in on the mistakes of men and call the WTS satanic or evil. If a few men are doing wrong I am sure the true God Jehovah will remove them in his time.

So, because we point out the hypocrisy, double standards and bizarre doctrines that the WTS has, we’re all "obsessed" by them. Yet the WTS has no trouble gleefully pointing out all the false doctrines and double standards that every other religion on earth has. In fact, they do it on a regular basis. I’ll bet you don’t have a problem with them doing that though eh? Of course not. All those other religions are all just part of "Babylon the Great" so it’s open season on them.

But in the meantime as you lot set yourselves up as judge , jury and executioners, you miss out on the simple truth and teachings that the WTS print to the world, and those that distribute happily to the world to wonderful truth about Gods Kingdom. (Matt 24:14)

I think you’ve got us confused with the Governing Body and the ever-loving Judicial Committees that they set up to disfellowship anyone who dares to disagree with them. They are the ones that set themselves up as judge, jury and executioner, not us. Where do you come up with these moronic ideas? Oh ya I forgot: at the Kingdom Hall.

You all need to see a doctor for your obsession with the WTS, why don't you get on with your lives and start living seeing your so happy out of the organization, it appear hypocritical then doesn't it that you cant leave happily.

(Malachi 3:16-18)......then shall ye return and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

(Micah 4:5)..For all the peoples walk every one in the name of his god; and we will walk in the name of Jehovah our God for ever and ever.

Ya.....if you insert the phrase "Pharisees" with "Governing Body", I can quote just as many scriptures as you can:

Matthew 23: Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

• JCanon
    JCanon

Good comment Mary. You are right on the money!

How did his disciples see Jesus leave? Was it with 'the eye of understanding? Was it an 'invisible departure'?? No---they saw him leave with their literal eyes and it was a visible departure. Gosh! Imagine that!! He only disappeared from their view when he reached the heavens itself. Verse 11 is quite clear that His return would be visible, just as His departure was.

I would only add here to be more specific. That is, Jesus never reappeared in his own body, that is, the one that his disciples recognized as him. He was always in multiple bodies that looked like other people. So when he ascended into heaven, what they saw was Jesus in someone elses appearance. This was a hint that when Christ returned in the flesh and they would see him, they wouldn't recognize him being in his original body, but disguised in someone else's body, essentially. That is, at the second coming he would not appear as himself but as someone else.

But if we were going to be absolutely specific, if the last body image Jesus occupied was as he would return, then he would be in the body similar to the body he would return in, that is, of the Ethiopian eunuch. Thus he must have appeared as the Ethiopian eunuch looking very similar to me in appearance when he ascended. So that some who saw him off, which would be some who would survive down to our day, would recognize that specific body that last ascended. I suppose as a confirmation that Jesus would reappear in that body. So, Jesus apparently looked like me in his last body.

Another scripture that proves that Jesus would be in the flesh is 1 John 3:2. The first resurrection is back into the imperfect flesh. That is, seed of the resurrected one is sown into the body of a modern anointed one (1 Corinthians 15:40-54). That Jesus would have a similar nature in a physical body is stated here: " 2 Beloved ones, now we are children of God, but as yet it has not been made manifest what we shall be. We do know that whenever he is made manifest we shall be like him, because we shall see him just as he is."

Besides that, the antichrist's expression would be that he would not arrive in the flesh, so that means the WTS is definitely the antichrist.

Thanks for your comments on the physical visibility of Christ.

By the way, when it says "EVERY eye will see him" it is in the context of those of the "eagle" organizations. "Where the carcass is, so the eagles will be gathered." So Christ was promising that all of them would see either Jesus directly and/or the "sign of the son of man" which is the sleeping face of the messiah, over which they beat themselves in lamentation. It doesn't mean every single person on the planet. That the "sign" has been seen by many of the anointed and understood to represent Christ's return as an Ethiopian eunuch and prodigal son, it ended up being in the artwork of the "Revelation" book...

http://www.geocities.com/siaxares/signson001jpg.JPG

So this was fulfilled by those seeing the sign. But as far as seeing the messiah directly, he would not be a public figure except for a short time like a flash of LIGHTENING! Lightening shines bright but only for a split second! Thus at one point, though the followers of Christ would not announce to the world where he is, they would get a chance to see him directly but in a situation that would still not give him away to non-believers as being the messiah. Obviuosly, if a group of people were gathered around the messiah it would be clear they were pointing him out. So this part of the appearance like "lightening" was fulfilled in two ways: 1) By a short appearance on national television, and 2) by performing in public from the East Coast to Hawaii within a year. Thus it was possible to see the messiah either in person or on TV for a short time when he became a semi-public figure. At one point, if you wanted to, you could purchase a ticket on Ticketron in New York and come and see me in person in a totally anonymous scenario. That is, with me on stage and you in the audience. I even opened for Milton Berle once, who was JIOR, so he got to see me as well. I didn't understand then why we ended up together alone at the airport but I understand now. NH Knorr was also JIOR and I ended up shaking his hand at an assembly once. Diana Ross, Berry Gordy and Smokey Robinson are also JIOR and I've met and shoot their hands once. And Eddie Murphy who is a JIOR ended up sitting in the front fow of a play at the Mark Taper Forum when I was there sitting nearby, so I got to see him up close. The late Loretta Young was also JIOR and I got a chance to hold her Academy Award. I never met her though. But I assisted an author in writing her book so I found out a lot of things I needed to know about Hollywood that was important.

So Jehovah is doing a lot of things on a lot of different levels with the JIOR. Of course, OJ Simpson is JIOR as well and holy spirit manipulated things in connection with this frame-up by the "Illuminati" (ultimately) of the murders (i.e. making OJ go crazy and going on that Bronco chase which alerted the whole world to what was going on, compromising the secret operations of this set-up; causing Ron to rush home first before arriving at the crime scene which cut down the time available to get blood evidence back to OJ so that he had blood evidence on him when he went to Chicago which would prove he had time to commit the murders, etc. There was not enough time to get the bloody clothes or weapon back to Rockingham before he left, so they just vanished into thin air, obviously.)

A lot of thnings in the Bible are for the JIOR to understand or for me to point out the understanding, but the rest of the world cannot understand it or will always look at several other alternatives. For instance, the "little horn" mentioned as part of the 4th beast, which represents the Illuminati/Freemasonry defaces three other horns. That represents the assasinations of MLK, JFK and RFK. Three famous assasinations, all with the same earmark of the "lone assasin" when everybody knows it was conspiracy. But by this the Bible identifies the "little horn" as the CIA, only as a branch of the Illuminati. Of coursse, you can find anywhere where the CIA is accused of killing the Kennedys or the FBI being behind the assasination of MLK. But what is interesting is the CIA is seen as a horn of the Illuminati. Thus when you investigate, you find an inordinate number of FBI or CIA who are mormons, and movies like "The Good Shepherd" that shows the CIA was created by Skull and Bones, etc.

http://www.lds-mormon.com/time.shtml

Just Google "Mormons FBI CIA" and do all the reading you wish.

JC

• scholar
    scholar

Mary

Post 9260

You need to relax a bit and lie down. Celebrated WT scholars do no write reference works on Greek for this has been nicely done by many scholars over many decades. Those scholars simply and humbly refer to what is published in the literature. Thus in regards to the meaning of parousia we see that it means 'presence' pure and simple. Certainly other secondary meanings are given such as 'coming', 'arrival' and some authorities reverse the order of these words. So we must be honest and recognize the facts of the matter. Leolaia has written an opinion that seeks to cloud over this simple lexical fact by trying to substitute 'presence' for 'coming'. These words are not similar but have very different meanings in English so we must be faithful to what Matthew wrote on that Olivet Discourse.

I did not raise this issue but simply expressed my opinion of Leolaia's nonsense, simply raising the errors and the assumptions made. Further, she failed to alert the reader that many of the topics mentioned in her article are very controversial and have many different views such as the Lord's Day. In short what she wrote showed an agenda and this ain't scholarship. If she wants to make a contribution to scholarship on the true meaning of Parousia then she should submit a Journal Article for publishing.

The matter of the invisibility of presence is not determined by its meaning but by the context of its use and in Matthew 24 such an interpretation is most appropriate for at least one simple basic fact that in verse 3 the disciples had to ask for a sign of the parousia.

Yes, Jesus warned about those who would deny the reality of his presenve and of the coming of the Son of Man and so he exhorted his disciples to keep on the watch. Further, such false prophets would certainly include thos e who seek to deny the reality of his presence by focussing on his coming and not heeding our Lord's exhortations.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and I have no interest in converting you. I simply post here to defend our sacred teachings.

scholar JW

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

FRESIAS statement about the "WONDERFUL truth of God's Kingdom"

AT least 700 000 000 children Under the age of ten will be slaughtered at Armageddon.

More than 192 000 of these will be less than 24 hours old, some of them slaughtered with their head barely hanging out of their Mothers vagina - and that may well be "eaten up" by the flesh rotting plague Jehovah sends upon those who are not JW.

Yeah don't we just love it... CANT WAIT.

I say "Hail Mary, full of Grace" (our holy Grannie)

• Mary
    Mary
    scholar said: Leolaia has written an opinion that seeks to cloud over this simple lexical fact by trying to substitute 'presence' for 'coming'. These words are not similar but have very different meanings in English so we must be faithful to what Matthew wrote on that Olivet Discourse.

No, you are the one trying to cloud the issue. First of all, you admit that the word 'parousia' can mean: presense, advent, arrival, coming', yet in the next breath, you claim that Leolaia is "clouding the issue" because she shows that in no way does it mean "invisible presense", which of course, is the core doctrine that the WTS is so desperately trying to hang on to. Then you say that these words have "very different meanings in English", so you take the liberty of deciding that Matthew 24:3 should ONLY be translated as "presense", even though every reputable Greek scholar sees no problem with it being interpreted as "coming" or "return".

Who has the agenda here 'scholar'? It's you and the Organization you claim to show such loyalty to. No one else splits hairs like the WTS does on this particular word, because no one else has as much to lose as the Governing Body does. So please spare us your double-talk----You're not very convincing and are doing a lousy job of defending this lame doctrine of theirs.

I did not raise this issue but simply expressed my opinion of Leolaia's nonsense, simply raising the errors and the assumptions made.

It's only "nonsense" and "errors" to someone like you with a predisposition to believing the moon is made of swiss cheese if that's what the Governing Body says.

Further, she failed to alert the reader that many of the topics mentioned in her article are very controversial and have many different views such as the Lord's Day. In short what she wrote showed an agenda and this ain't scholarship. If she wants to make a contribution to scholarship on the true meaning of Parousia then she should submit a Journal Article for publishing.

I'll tell ya what scholar: Let's have Leolaia submit her view of the Watchtower study in question to a reputable scholarlistic journal and then we'll get the Writing Department to submit their views on the same subject to the same journal. I'll bet you dollars to Miracle Wheat that the Writing Department's drivel would be viewed as a April Fool's joke by anyone who got past the first paragraph. Since Leolaia has a doctorate already, and has years of research, writing and reasoning, I'm guessing her review would be somewhat better received. The fact that the WTS is the only one here with an agenda, seems to escape your notice. What a big surprise.

The matter of the invisibility of presence is not determined by its meaning but by the context of its use and in Matthew 24 such an interpretation is most appropriate for at least one simple basic fact that in verse 3 the disciples had to ask for a sign of the parousia.

Do you really and honestly believe that Jesus' disciples were asking "Please tell us what signs to look for after you return invisibly and are ruling invisibly 2,000 years from now"???! There is nothing in Matthew 24 that even hints at such a ludicrous assertation----nothing. Not even in the context. Every single scripture that refers to The Second Coming, clearly talks about it being a "visible" return---not an invisible one. Show me one scripture that says his Return would be invisible. What is incredible, is that you refuse to acknowledge that the word 'parousia' can translate into the word 'coming' for the scenario in Matthew 24, but you have no problem whatsoever in simply plucking the word "invisible" out of thin air and claim that the 'context of Matthew' allows for it.

Yes, Jesus warned about those who would deny the reality of his presenve and of the coming of the Son of Man and so he exhorted his disciples to keep on the watch.

No, that's not what he said at all and in true Dub-dumb fashion, you are attempting to circumvent what I said and slide in a meaning that is unfounded anywhere in the scriptures. I quoted to you the phrase that His followers were not to follow the false prophets who claimed he had returned invisibly ('He is in the inner chambers'), because His Return would be visible and sudden: like lightening that shines from east to the west: everyone can see it. Please don't think you can pull those kind of stupid stunts here scholar. Remember: we know exactly how you think as we all thought the same way once.

Further, such false prophets would certainly include those who seek to deny the reality of his presence by focussing on his coming and not heeding our Lord's exhortations.

Can you provide a scripture for the above statement? You know, one that says a false prophet would be someone who taught that His Return would be visible?? Come on scholar----surely there's gotta be a scripture to back your claim up eh?

You are of course entitled to your opinion and I have no interest in converting you. I simply post here to defend our sacred teachings.

'Sacred teachings'? Don't make me laugh. The WT's interpretation of the Second Coming is by far the wackiest one out there and is completely without any scriptural support. They, like you, twist words and sentences to make them sound like something from another planet, they then add a few sprinklings of fairy dust, inject their own interpretations into it and BAM! Suddenly you've got "New and Improved Light."

puke.gif picture by sam3217puke.gif picture by sam3217puke.gif picture by sam3217

Scholar, your debating skills suck dead rocks, as does your feeble attempt at defending the stupidiest of doctrines. You assert that Leolaia is the one with the agenda, when clearly the only one with the agenda is you. You lost the debate, you look foolish for attacking the smartest person on this site and you have nothing to back up your outlandish claims.

Yep, you're a Witness alright. But don't be too down. I'm sure you can still count all the time you spent on here on your Field Service Report.

Better luck next time.

• scholar
    scholar

Mary

Post 9268

The proper or only correct renderingof parousiain Matthew 24:3 is ;presence' because that is what the word means and is the only meaning consistent with that entire chapter. Coming or arrival would not work because Matthew late describes the Parousia as a period of time as in the Days of Noah right up to the Flood. The notion of invisibility is proven by the fact that His disciples asked for a Sign of the Parousia so this would not have been necessary if a visible presence was meant.

We have no agenda other than preaching the Gospel message based on the truths of God's Word.

Now you are talking sense- talking my language. Yes,Yes Oh Yes! Why does not Leolaia submit her opinion accompanied by that brilliant Study Edition of the Watchtower and have the matter tested.

I would have thought that the question asked of the Master was a sincere one and that they needed to have tangible proof or evidence for those things, the presence and the conclusion of the system. If a coming was implied then there would have been no need for a sign and the disciples would not have chosen presence but the Greek word for coming in a matter of speaking without my being to technical. All were singing from the same songsheet for the disciples knew what they were asking and Jesus knew what he was answering.

Jesus when describing his presence was likening it to lightning from the EAST to the WEST such would be the comprehensiveness of the presence diccerned only by his disciples because of its invisibility and that it be beyond the statements of false prophets.

Nice and easy.

scholar JW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Scholar

Post 1541

Because you have not found the 'celebrated WT scholars' does not mean they do not exist. Did you look under your bed at Bethel or look into your wardrobe? Surely, you must have found at least one! The identity of this group must remain anonymous so Alas I cannot assist you as to there identity. Publications of the Watch Tower are not lies but are based upon careful research and champion God's inspired Word for if these publications then why are such publications spiritual food for apostates. Apostates publish nothing, no commentary, no articles or books based on the Bible . Such an evil slave class offers no spiritual food but they harp and carp being critical of what the FDS publishes. This is blatant hypocrisy so if you have something to say or something better to say then have it published and be honest about it.

If you have a better interpretation of Christ's presence and the generation then write it up and publish it so that any reader can benefit. In other words, Put up or Shut up!

Don't cloud the issue, I'm simply asking about those 'celebrated WT scholars' you keep harping and carping on. Or do you really believe that the 'celebrated WT scholars' have been 'invisibly present' in Bethel under my bed or in my wardrobe since 1918. Wow, yer a freakin'... scholar.

Come on Scholar, if they're "celebrated" where's the celebration? "Anonymous" why? Would you trust an anonymous brain surgeon? Are they anonymous because they are as unqualified 'scholars' as Joe Rutherford? Come on. Name just one of these JW scholars you keep talking about. I'm on pins and needles. Maybe you'll hit the jackpot and name... me. Yep, if your a good JW, my work is in your theocratic library. Does that make me 'celebrated'?

I'm just asking you one question. Who are these 'celebrated WT scholars'? Is it that hard to come up with even one "'celebrated' JW scholar"? Put up or Shut up!

Apostates publish nothing? Ray Franz is a published author. Isn't the Catholic Church 'apostate'? Don't you consider all of Christendom "apostate"? Isn't all of Babylon the Great "apostate"? Do you think that every book, commentary, or article in the world has only been published by the WTBTS or by believing JWs? "Better interpretations of Christ's presence and the generation" have already been written up and published. You're simply clouding the issue that the WTs latest interpretation of 'the generation' is a pathetic attempt to hide their humiliation from their previous false prophecies regarding the generation being 70-80 years from 1914.

By the way, you haven't answered my other question, oh great and wise scholar. Who's Gilbert Simental? Put up or Shut up!

And great scholar, please dip into your deep well of wisdom and answer a bit more. Why are the Faithful and Discreet Slave terminating the Divine Congregation Book Study arrangement and shortening up the meetings even more? Why can't the Holy Spirit help JWs make a little more money to afford gasoline to make it to that meeting each week? Shouldn't they be having even more 'celebrations' to consume such rich spiritual food? Put up of Shut up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit