So what caused you to have doubts in the first place?

by nicolaou 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Steel
    Steel

i watched a video series on jesus in the old testament and what new testament writers were referrencing from the old testament.

It was actual quite simple. It was literally like the expression cant see the forest because of all trees.

Not saying i am joe jesus or anything but the bible does point in a single direction. The wts is a nutty conspiracy theory and they are so full of shit they literally dont know if they are coming or going.

• Landy
    Landy

The blue creation book and the half truths, misquotes and strawmen it contained.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = theological bullshit developed intentionally toward the proliferation of literature, which at the time I didn't think was a very Christian thing to do, stopped going out in service and giving talks and eventually left completely.

As it is today all those fear producing doctrines have become a laboring thorn in the side for the GB to deal with.

• Sorry
    Sorry

I had doubts since I was in middle school (although I just chalked that up to being stupid or not having enough faith). It wasn't until I truly stopped and thinked for a second, "What is the origins of this religion? What did we do before then?" My parents always said "That doesn't matter." So I decided to research it myself. Then I discovered Russell and how he broke away from the Adventists. Then Rutherford took over and made it the opposite of Russell. This led me to discovering the numerous flip flops just by reading old literature. Then one of my internet pen pals directed me to jwfacts.com. The rest was history.

• life is to short
    life is to short

child molesters in the hall

• Schnufti
    Schnufti

I remember that I questioned the Bible as a teenager. But I put it aside because my life was comfortable.

It began years later when I had to stand up for my faith. I was in the hospital and had to refuse a blood transfusion. I refused it because I felt obliged, not out of deep conviction. I felt like I didn't have any other choice. It was horrible. I cried all day and was scared I would die.

This experience made me think. Why would Jehovah demand something that brings such bad reputation to his name? Why doesn't he save JWs that die of blood loss so that everyone would clearly see that they are his people? Why wouldn't he forgive me if I accepted a blood transfusion because I want to live?

At that time I also attended evening classes for two years. I was panicking about my classmates finding out I'm a JW. This fear reminded me every week on my doubts.

Finally my husband woke me up last year. I'm glad he wasn't afraid of doing research.

• schnell
    schnell

I made stuff like this as a teenager. I like to research and was sure that this was actual history. I had another one that charts back to 4026 BCE and Adam, but it seems to have disappeared from my Google Drive.

I learned otherwise. This isn't history. JWs require it to be or else the doctrine falls apart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit