God dammit!!! I hate this cult!

by bluesbreaker59 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33

Bluesbreaker,

You are doing right and your feelings are normal, don't let ANYONE take away from your wonderful occasion.

It's terrible that they do this type of ostracizing to people and I am one of those people who was married, but the truth is I didn't even invite my family because I already knew how they would respond, it's their loss. I understand both sides, but it's a realism that is best faced honestly.

I wish you the best, and don't be too down, rise in the face of other people's ignorance.

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

"wife that's a hot piece of arse"

It sure is nice to see this level of maturity in our spiritual "older men". Certainly helps us realize the extent that the Holy Spirit is involved in the selection of Jehovahs' Witness elders.

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Bluesbreaker,

Congrats on your pending engagement.

I totally hear you, but I'm on the other side of the situation. My one JW brother got married last summer and my other JW brother is getting married in 26 days and needless to say I wasn't invited, actually that's not true, my bro did invite me last summer to fly across country, rent a car, stay in a motel so I could go to the ceremony, but not the reception. Needless to say I declined. To this day I still don't know what excuse my mother said to her "worldly" co-workers, all who know me very well. I'm sure she lied with her forked tongue even though I asked her to tell the truth. Funny how lying can be justified in the "truth" to avoid giving a "bad witness." Anyway, the other bro emailed me yesterday to say that the invites were going out in the mail. 26 days before a wedding and this is the first time I'm hearing about this? Hmm, anyway I wished him the best and asked that he not contact me again (I've decided months ago to put my foot down with them...I'm not up for the "by the way announcements" without any consideration for me or any interest in what's going on in my life).

Oh, and I'm graduating with a B.A. from a top school next month, and I have to explain to my deans, professors and friends why my family isn't there.

I really really really hate this cult.

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Bluebreaker,

Perhaps in YOUR copy of the Bible you could tell us what Paul meant at 1 Corinthians 5:9-13? Also, once this person repented what Paul meant at 2 Corinthians 2:5-11? Interesting that you call the practice of shunning outdated. What did Jehovah do to the ENTIRE nation of Israel when they rejected His Son? Has the Temple been rebuilt? Are they still God's chosen people? Afterall, didn't the religions you name spring up AFTER Jehovah shunned an entire nation? You seem to be confusing love and discipline. But, why should that be surprising coming from someone that fellowships with Satanists. Amazing how YOUR current faith allows YOU to decide what worship is acceptable to God. The ILLUSTRATION of the prodigal son shows the attitde of those involved. Every aspect of repenting from wrongdoing is taken on an individual basis. However, couple the illustration with what Paul said in the above scriptures and Jehovah gives us a pretty clear picture of the process of returning to the congregation. The primary objective is to keep the congregation clean, not breaking every sin on Saturday night and saying a few hail mary's Sunday morning, only to do it all over again the next week.

Hey, manbe we should all just base everything on YOUR definition of true LOVE. Pedophiles love children. Drug addicts love crank. Thieves love other people's stuff. Hitler loved murder. It's all about the love, man.

As far as attending other churches, where do you think I came from. Again, I had no real exposure to Jdub's until I turned 30. Right now you're basking in the glow of something new. But, I grew up in that "sea of fake love". It's all fluff. Once you get past that, start looking for the substance. Unless, you are the type that prefers your ears being tickled.

BTW, Christendom pastors that aren't money hungry? Who pays their salary? Who pays for their house? Who pays for their cars? It's amazing how so many people here chastise members of the Gov. Body for living in apartments and riding in limo's, but compared to what i've seen in Christendom, the members of the Gov. Body live more meager lives than most deacons. One of the prevailing themes of most other religions of Christendom is God requires tithing and God will increase your fortune 10 fold if you consistently give to the church. Just thinking about it makes me want to puke!

Concerning Elders and Ministerial servants that overdrink: trust me, you might overdrink too if you dealt with some of the issues we had to. You'd at least have a cocktail to take the edge off. Recall what Noah went through? How wasted did he get after coming to grips with the fact nearly all of humanity was just exterminated? Just remember, oh mr. rafter in one's eye, how many consistent times of overdrinking does it take before one is considered a drunkard?

Lastly, when it comes to the basic doctrines of Hellfire, Immortality of the Soul, the Trinity doctrine, ect. you are avoiding the question. In all of your studies, you are telling us that you still don't know if these are legitimate doctrines? You mean to tell us your LOVING Jesus has Adam spit roasting on a skewer for these thousands of years? Judas is still smelling burning flesh and hearing the goulish cries of those tortured for eternity? Is it more humble for a church/organization to revise an erroneous belief or should they just keep shoving it down your throat for centuries?

PS - I would take you up on your offer of coming out to Iowa, but what would it really accomplish?

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Beroean,

Your M.O. on this thread is nothing more than defending the shunning practice. You go ahead and follow that, then, and STOP TALKING TO ME, ok? Your great Jehooba teaches that, the god that will strike down children, good people, and YOU, if you continue speaking to me. To put JW's in control of everything...

You really should get out and associate with more than Dubs. Do you even know what Satanists believe? Or do you just follow what the JW's tell you they believe? Perhaps you should look into it and learn. I was wrong in what I thought they believed, and I RESPECT them for their beliefs, even though they differ from my own. Believe it or not though, I can still have a friendship with these ones, because religion is rarely discussed. See that's the thing, Dubs are notorious about shoving their dogma down everyone's throats all the time. They can't go more than an hour without talking in their Dub speak language or talking about some talk, example, assembly, etc.

Natural love, is what I speak of. The love between a husband and wife. The love between parents and children. Not sick twisted love, that you bring up. Then again I suppose you are more familiar with pedophiles, the Dubs seem to have plenty.

As for pastors having cars, houses, etc. I know for a fact that the two pastors that I speak of, were given "hand me down" cars from family. One lives in a very small home (with wife and child), almost an apartment on the site of the church, and the other he and his wife (who works) totally renovated the house by his own sweat. Neither of them "ride in limos", far from it. They are both very humble men, that live simple humble lives.

You wanna talk about PLEAS FOR MONEY??? The Dubs do this constantly, with their "always short" expense reports at assemblies, "donation" arrangement for service and publishers magazines (double dipping here), pleading for money from the podium at the hall for local needs parts, etc. The CO, constantly getting "green handshakes", dinners bought, expensive gifts, etc. I saw this all first hand as an elder's kid, BTW my dad and step-grandpa were both elders, grandpa was the PO til he died. CO's were constantly getting big, luxurious meals and expensive gifts. So don't go pointing the finger at "Christendom", your CULT is just as guilty, and I saw it all from a front row seat.

As for being "new" to something... I spent 25+ years in the JW church, so I'm pretty much an expert on that. I saw all that "fake love" of which you speak, I also saw some genuine love here and there. I'm not a liar, I admit when I'm wrong, and I'll call people on their BS, and I'll question things when they change the rules in the middle of the game.

YOU are the one confusing love and discipline friend... I gave myself my own discipline, by writing my letter and telling them I no longer wanted to be a Dub. I still love my family, the Bible never speaks of families having to be cut off because leaving the congregation. That's a man made law. I don't WANT to be "part of the congregation", therefore I WILL NOT, go repent, and go to 6 months - 1 year of meetings just to speak to my family. That is the dumbest thing ever, true repentance is between you and God, and having faith in Jesus, who redeems you of your sin. Its very simple.

As for proving God's chosen people, I think we all are, as long as we seek to have a personal relationship with Christ, and try to uphold the principles taught in the scriptures, NOT man made rules and opinions on blood fractions, and other wishy washy policies.

Do you masturbate? Do you think of other women? Do you have oral or anal sex? How bout sex that's not for procreation purposes? All these are also sins of immorality, even if its done with your wife in the confines of marriage. Recall the scripture of "wasting your semen upon the earth". The sin of immorality is NO GREATER of a sin than any other sin, something that JW's need to remember. Sinning is sinning no matter what. Overeating, over drinking, smacking around the wife, irritating children, gambling, idolatry, BOASTING, watching NFL (according to Bro. Loesch), etc.

I looked up your scriptures too, 2 Cor. is totally on my side: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Cor.%202:5-11;&version=31 ;

Verse 6-8 - The punishment inflicted on him by the majority is sufficient for him. Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him.

So I excused myself from the congo, FIRST, therefore really wasn't a member, therefore their punishment, was null and void. But by the example in 2 Cor. you should already be forgiving me and loving me, so as to not cause excessive sorrow. That's the Bible's word, not mine.

Show me where it says for parents to cut off their children for one thing, but then call them up, go out to eat, etc. at other times... How is that right? That's just confusing, and playing by your own rules.

• sir82
    sir82

Sorry to butt in but...

Also, once this person repented what Paul meant at 2 Corinthians 2:5-11?

1) Most Biblical scholars contend the person referred to here is not the same one as at 1 Corinthians 5...

2) Assuming that it is the same person...How does the JW practice (everybody must shun the DF'ed one, under threat of being DF'ed themselves...see your Flock book...) fit in consistently with verse 6, "This rebuke given by the majority..."

If the majority gave the rebuke described in 1 Cor. 5, doesn't that imply a minority did not do so? And obviously Paul knew of them, as he spoke of "the majority". Where, in all of 2 Corinthians, or anywhere in Paul's writings for that matter, does he condemn anyone for not shunning an unrepentant one? He certainly minced no words in condemning all sorts of other behavior.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    And all of them will ask, "Where is your dad?" What the hell do you tell these people? I shouldn't have to answer these kind of questions on my wedding day, ya know?

It's not your job to answer that question. Have cards printed up with your Dad's name and number on them. When people ask you why he's not there, hand them a card and tell them, "It's best you hear it from his own lips... here's his number." Make HIM squirm a little...

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Matthew 7:1&2, what does it say?

Luke 6:43? "No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit." Therefore Russell was the tree, well he was WRONG, on MANY, MANY, MANY counts... Therefore there can be no good fruit

1 Cor 4:4-6 - My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God. Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not take pride in one man over against another.

2 Peter 2:1-3 - But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Jeremiah 23:31-33 - "Yes," declares the LORD, "I am against the prophets who wag their own tongues and yet declare, 'The LORD declares.' Indeed, I am against those who prophesy false dreams," declares the LORD. "They tell them and lead my people astray with their reckless lies, yet I did not send or appoint them. They do not benefit these people in the least," declares the LORD. When these people, or a prophet or a priest, ask you, 'What is the oracle [a] of the LORD ?' say to them, 'What oracle? [b] I will forsake you, declares the LORD.

The false prophet here is Russell, Rutherford, and the entire WTBTS... and anyone else who declares in his name, that includes talking about "The End of False Religion is Near", "Armageddon is just ' around the corner' ", all the failed predictions over the years, that means the WTBTS is a false prophet. Tell me, when did the Catholic church last make an end of the world prediction?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit