Have we become like those we despise?

by boyzone 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• BrentR
    BrentR

Good riddence! Anyone that uses thier first couple of posts to start slinging shit is not gong to last long on any forum. Certainly not on a "in memory of.." thread. That is rude and inconsiderate. Most new members use thier first posts to introduce themselves and tell thier story, not start a fight.

• betteroffdead
    betteroffdead

slinging at well respected members no less

For someone as new as you are you better better have both barrels loaded before you start making accusations like that bucko!
    slinging at well respected members no less

I noted that some here seem to believe that the amount of time one spends on this forum and the "respect" one is accorded from other forum users is very important. But who cares? You could be here for 20 years and I could still consider you to be a pile of shi%. Similarly, you could suck butt all day to the other users and I might still deem you to be devoid of any semblance of intellect. Tenure on this forum and the respect of other posters is rather meaningless in the grand scheme of things. It won't put food on your table or even assist you in overcoming constipation.

I've said it before, but it warrants repeating. Many leave the kingdom hall, but the kingdom hall leaves few.

• BrentR
    BrentR

What would happen to someone who travels to a distant town and goes into a bar and starts flipping crap to the people inside?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

.........yeah whatever

like I care what you think......

It works both ways. Some of us don't give a f*ck for you or your thoughts either. W

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Why is boyzone getting a hard time here? I don't get it. And quite frankly it depresses me.

As stated - I am over it. But he started it. That does seem relevant, in the long and short of it at least. I hope he comes back and tells us about himself and his views - but I did not pick the fight. Jeff

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Geez! I've just read this thread! WTF? Where did this all come from? I'm still in limbo as to how it snowballed and blew up...

I say let it go and move on.

Quirky1

• BrentR
    BrentR

Good idea!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Nothing important or serious, but it just struck me that in our exchanges he and BrentR have used a couple of lines of false argumentation to get their point across.

I can't help but think its strange that with all our moaning about the Watchtower and its false argumentation methods, are we prepared to use exactly the same methods when our views are challenged?

I don't need this. Its bad enough having to take insults from witness family and friends without coming online and finding it here too.

This board is just as bad as the congregation.

.........yeah whatever

like I care what you think......

I looked at Jeff's thread. It was mostly "no big deal." Jeff did try to stick to artistic contributions
    and Boyzone did have strong opinions on Heston's politics.

Boyzone made some good points and it was the makings of a friendly debate.

But when I saw this thread, it starts out with "false argumentation" and "us[ing] exactly the same
    methods when our views are challenged?" Well, this was getting ugly. You just couldn't agree to
    disagree. There was nothing wrong with your points and counterpoints, but it had to be personal.
    "You use the same methods as..."

Well, so do you, Boyzone. The WTS doesn't care what the individual thinks. The judicial committee
    doesn't care what the individual thinks. You don't care what the individual thinks. You are entitled
    to your opinion. It may even be right. But look at that rafter in your eye also. You cast the first stone
    on the other thread with: "Now which other group never wants to hear negative info about themselves
    and runs away from hard questions??? " That made the whole argument go to another level and
    swapping insults was fair game.

Now, if you want to put the whole thing aside, everyone is fine with that. If you can't do that, and you
    choose to "run away" from it, that's fine. WHATEVER. Stick around or don't. If you do stick around,
    expect your deliberately inflaming remarks to get some inflaming responses.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx OTWO. Exactly!

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit