Have we become like those we despise?

by boyzone 57 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

My mum has just been diagnosed with bowel cancer yesterday too.

I am so sorry to read this .... We will have to put her on sad emos list (((HUGS))) I will talk to MY FRIEND!!! about this.... ((((HUGS)))

• BrentR
    BrentR

Welcome back Boyzone! Most of us here have started threads that did not go well, myself included. I have been away from the JW's for over 22 yrs and I still can't put into words the anger I have towards them and my parents for raising me in that twisted cult. Myself and the rest of us here know where you're comming from. This is the place to work through it because we all understand each other even though we fight like cats sometimes. Despite the occasional frackus JWD is a powerful force against the Borg and they never anticipated having something like this to contend with. We are thier worst nightmare.

I am very sorry to hear about your mom and I wish your family the very best.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Pax, BoyZone!

Pax

And may I say good on you for apologizing... that's not an easy thing to do, especially when there is so much anger which still needs to find its way out. You'll get there. I know a year seems like a long time being out... but well... let me just assure you that it DOES get better.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum... I wish you and she and your family great strength to deal with this all.

Love,
    Baba

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Sorry 'bout yer mum Boyzone!

Welcome to JWD!

Quirky1

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Oh, the irony of the person who posted that defending Michael Moore.

What are you implying? That Michael Moore sometimes distorts the truth to support his agenda? He's always completely objective.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Awww, how sweetly it all worked out.

Sometimes I love you guys.

~sniff~

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

boyzone, I am so sorry about your mother. You must be worried. that's a scary diagnosis but the medical folks do have more ammunition nowadays for cancer. Please keep us posted on her progress. As for having a difference, well, gentlemen can disagree without calling names, eh? Saying "have we become like those we despise" depends on a lot of assumptions, such as assuming we all despise JWs. I know others have pointed that out. Instead of saying that kind of thing, just get to the point. You can say, "that isn't logical." Or you can say, "I know you admire Charlton Heston's movies, but I have a hard time separating his acting performance from his performance as a human. I don't agree with his position on..." Oh well, it doesn't matter a lot. More important that you kiss your mother for us.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I guess it's too much to expect y'all to hug it out??

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit